DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia: The Hemalurgic Spike

Locke

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tensions were high after two more deaths the previous night. Many fingers were pointed at Songstress who they claimed was responsible for the crimes. But Razen stood up and vouched for her, saying he had evidence for her innocence. Appeased, the group moved onto other suspects. They finally latched onto Eternal Phoenix, a young man who claimed he barely knew what was going on. Scoffing at such a claim, the group quickly decided that Eternal Phoenix was more than he claimed. So they tied him down and questioned him at sword point, but the man continued to claim innocence. An angry individual suddenly took it upon himself to finish the job. With a cry, he seized the sword and swung it with his full might. Wombat dove at the man, knocking him over, but it was too late; Eternal Phoenixes's head rolled off to the side.

Eternal Phoenix, Good Guy, has been lynched.

It is now Night.

Feruchemic Storage Deadline is 8:00 PM Friday.

Night Deadline is 8:00 PM Sunday

To die:—to sleep:

No more; and, by a sleep to say we end

The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wished.

Cut off even in the blossoms of my sin,

Unhousel'd, disappointed, unanel'd;

No reckoning made, but sent to myaccount

With all my imperfections on my head.

*whispers as the cock crows*

I told you so

*whistles for he's a jolly good fellow as he goes into the afterlife*

hmmmmm how interesting

BTW EP, if you are still watching, you can claim a role before you die you know, to save yourself.... and with info like that (knowing why Turin was silent) if he survived he could vouch fir yiu and you would both be confirmed townies.

@Hoof - he did claim a role, that of bodyguard, hence why Wombat attempted to unvote him before deadline. Considering that he flipped town, I'm assuming that unless someone would want to admit that they received EP's bodyguard power, it probably died with him.

The best way to learn to play mafia is through actually playing it yourself. So even if you are thrown into the deep end of the pool with the sharks and trying to keep your head above water, you still gain some experience. You learn what you might have done better and what you shouldn't do. And he showed flashes of insight along with the newb questions, so really he didn't do such a bad job at playing at all for his first game ever. I agree that an advanced game probably isn't the best place to start, but you have to start somewhere. If somewhere happens to be an advanced game, so be it. You learn either way, and that's the best outcome for increasing your knowledge on how to play the game.

That said, I do agree with Sakaea's suggestion about signing up for the basic games too - they can be just as fun as the advanced games. When you first start playing, you might want a power role, but playing as vanilla townie is fun as well.

Blegh, here we go with the dreaded DM weekend. At least it's night so were prob not missing out on much game content anyways.

I agree bout the newb defense thing. Has to go, and I'm not even really referring to the guys that actually ARE new, more so everyone else that says we should coddle new players. Best way for someone to learn is from experience, and if they get lynched early for something, chances are they won't act the same next time. I don't mind playing with new players at all, I just don't like their newness being brought into the discussion so much.

I agree Des. I've just made myself a personal rule here recently. I give new players D1 and D1 only. I think it's fair to at least let them experience one day and one night cycle. After that, they're fair game. From that point, the lesson begins. As you said, experience is the best way to learn what you should andshouldn't do.

Of course, if they do something completely mental like their opening post says, " Yay, my first game ever, and I get picked to be scum!!"

Then my personal D1 pass is out the window. Barring that, I give them a D1 pass, but nothing after that. And as EP made it D2, I feel alright with that.

Archived