DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

darkfriend idiots

bobarose

i just dont get some of you praising evil if only in fun.

the shadow take you all.

that last statment gets me the most angry.

life no matter how dismal is better than some sort of

chaos based religion.

life rawks death sucks.

by the way this is my first post was it good for you?

life rawks death sucks.

there are sadly allot of people who in the real world would disagree with that. i hope i said that in an obscure enough way not to offend some of those people.

why be afraid that you might offend some people?when you may offend all.mark twain i hope.

but be brave and stand up to those opposed to you.be true ,be strong be your self.

A fan of life, eh? Well, you'll have no future as a

. Join the Dark Side!

yes the dark is tempting but life is to bright to give in.

A wise man once told me " You don't know the power of the darkside!".

And then proceeded to choke me. So..... I mean.....be careful what ya say - there be darkness all about. :ph34r:

There is room enough for all in this world. Isnt the AS symbol all about that ying/yang little darkness in like and a little light in darkness and it is all balanced out.

The AS symbol has no light in the darkness, nor any dark in the light - just black and white, adjacent but separate.

Now come on people, let's join together in death worship. Life has its ups and its downs, but death is all upside. Join us!

A fan of life, eh? Well, you'll have no future as a

. Join the Dark Side!

yes the dark is tempting but life is to bright to give in.

A wise man once told me " You don't know the power of the darkside!".

And then proceeded to choke me. So..... I mean.....be careful what ya say - there be darkness all about. :ph34r:

A wiser man once said "That's why you don't bet on the forces of darkness - because they'll screw you!"

So does the KKK, but nobody thinks they're the good guys.

Lol.

Who picked white for good anyway? White is not a very lively colour to begin with. It's more pre-life, before experience has had a chance to shade it. A blank canvas is white but it's definitely not a masterpiece.

Also the motivations of those who pick evil(note evil not 'chaos') tend to be personal power, revenge or wealth. As such resulting i a fully fleshed out character. Where 'good guys' are all about helping, as a result they tend to catch the people with the 'I just wants some peoples to has a high opinion of me so I'ma totally white knight EVARYTHING!!!!!!1!' ... That said there are a host of well developed 'good' characters. There just also happens to be a grain of truth in the meme "Good is dumb, evil is smart."

Before you flare up about how I must think life sucks, my personal preference is someone who's out for them self but with an altruistic streak when it comes to the bigger picture. Ermmmm... The easiest way to explain it would be to say somewhere on the Catwoman side of Garret if we looked at well known characters. Or if I'm feeling a bit grimmer than usual, think O.G Vader (pre-prequels) bad as hell until what you love is threatened.

In conclusion you're fudging the scales heavily against evil with such a blanket view of 'goodness' in a fictional setting. Such places are so much fuller if you don't use the G.M.M (Goodkind Morality Meter.)

personally i dont believe in yin yangisms, there is no way that there is equal parts bad to good.

there has to be better odds for good than some 50/50

this is from my athiest heart.i believe in hope.

My own interpretation of the ying and yang would be a representation of the evil and good within all of us. Wether its an equal battle or one side trumps another, I think is different in all of us. To me the :aessedai: simply illustrates the choices that we make and the struggles within our own heart to do what's right.

Personally I love the simplistic nature of the symbol.

personally i dont believe in yin yangisms, there is no way that there is equal parts bad to good.

Hope wouldn't exist without evil, and good cannot be the foremost force without some design upon the universe. (I'm not trying to preach to you here just to encourage further thought on what you've said in the above quote.)

I'm not going to quote because I don't remember the full saying nor is what I remember verbatim: All evil requires to flourish is that good men do nothing. Such a quote would suggest that good's chances are significantly less than 50% ...

On the matter of a black/white viewpoint, what about the man who is generous and gives to many charities but is cruel and domineering in his homelife? What of the people who belong to gangs but are kind and friendly to people they meet in the outside world?

I've met alot of people, both in my hitchhiking travels and across the bar through my work in hospitality, you'll find it is very rare to meet someone who even seems to fit completely into one rigid category of good or evil. Like Morgase thought, life isn't black or white, or even shades of grey but is made of colour.

Hope wouldn't exist without evil, and good cannot be the foremost force without some design upon the universe. (I'm not trying to preach to you here just to encourage further thought on what you've said in the above quote.)

I'm not going to quote because I don't remember the full saying nor is what I remember verbatim: All evil requires to flourish is that good men do nothing. Such a quote would suggest that good's chances are significantly less than 50% ...

On the matter of a black/white viewpoint, what about the man who is generous and gives to many charities but is cruel and domineering in his homelife? What of the people who belong to gangs but are kind and friendly to people they meet in the outside world?

I've met alot of people, both in my hitchhiking travels and across the bar through my work in hospitality, you'll find it is very rare to meet someone who even seems to fit completely into one rigid category of good or evil. Like Morgase thought, life isn't black or white, or even shades of grey but is made of colour.

i do agree life is made of colour.that is a great thought.

I'm not going to quote because I don't remember the full saying nor is what I remember verbatim: All evil requires to flourish is that good men do nothing.
As an evil man, I'd like to express my disagreement with that quote. I think it does us a disservice, as it refuses to acknowledge all the hard work put in by evil people across the globe.

I'm not going to quote because I don't remember the full saying nor is what I remember verbatim: All evil requires to flourish is that good men do nothing.
As an evil man, I'd like to express my disagreement with that quote. I think it does us a disservice, as it refuses to acknowledge all the hard work put in by evil people across the globe.

Planning, plotting and recruiting minions to send to their doom is definitely an onerous and thankless set of tasks. Sorry for trivialising your hard labour. >.>

As an evil doer, I don't like the term evil man, I prefer morally challenged

As a morally challenged individual I feel like my niche is being invaded.

i do agree life is made of colour.that is a great thought.

I don't think Yin and Yang were really meant to represent good and evil. They are masculine and feminine, push and pull. That sort of thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang

Archived