DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

darkfriend idiots

bobarose

I'm not going to quote because I don't remember the full saying nor is what I remember verbatim: All evil requires to flourish is that good men do nothing.
As an evil man, I'd like to express my disagreement with that quote. I think it does us a disservice, as it refuses to acknowledge all the hard work put in by evil people across the globe.

Planning, plotting and recruiting minions to send to their doom is definitely an onerous and thankless set of tasks. Sorry for trivialising your hard labour. >.>

As an evil doer, I don't like the term evil man, I prefer morally challenged

As a morally challenged individual I feel like my niche is being invaded.

I would say sorry, but, I'm not, no self respecting follower of chaos would be. Were just rollin stones leaving devastation in our wake.

I don't think Yin and Yang were really meant to represent good and evil. They are masculine and feminine, push and pull. That sort of thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang

It's a neat thought. I like that idea - however I am always a bit hesitant to accept anything that wiki says. As anyone should be.

Wikipedia is definitely not the only place I've seen this. I looked it up just for some sort of reference to see if anything else out there could back up what I was thinking. In this case, I'm pretty sure Wiki is correct. This random Tao website that was on Google's first page of results agrees: http://www.thetao.info/tao/yinyang.htm

But more on topic, Darkfriends have to suffer a lot for their "rewards." The way they are treated, you'd think they would realize that the Great Lord ain't giving them jack. They have blind faith that they will get what they were promised, no matter how many others they see fail and die.

i just dont get some of you praising evil if only in fun.

the shadow take you all.

that last statment gets me the most angry.

life no matter how dismal is better than some sort of

chaos based religion.

life rawks death sucks.

by the way this is my first post was it good for you?

I bet you're lots of fun at parties.

i just dont get some of you praising evil if only in fun.

the shadow take you all.

that last statment gets me the most angry.

life no matter how dismal is better than some sort of

chaos based religion.

life rawks death sucks.

by the way this is my first post was it good for you?

I bet you're lots of fun at parties.

As a matter of fact i'm not much fun at all.:angry:

Why some people become darkfriends (in WoT)? Well, everyone has its own reasons but I think that fear of death is the main reason. As we have seen so far they are all immoral persons who are ready to do anything to achieve their goals. In the same time that's called DARK side, but I think it's in many ways light or easy side, because you don't have to worry about others, to question your plans and actions etc. The LIGHT side is the hard side.

But more on topic, Darkfriends have to suffer a lot for their "rewards." The way they are treated, you'd think they would realize that the Great Lord ain't giving them jack. They have blind faith that they will get what they were promised, no matter how many others they see fail and die.

True. But most Darkfriends don't survive long enough to switch back over, or to tell stories of how they were mistreated. And any who are close enough to see others tortured/killed are usually on too short a leash to prevent the same from happening to them. Like Fain's entourage. You kill everyone who knows the truth, and who's to say what the truth is? Why, the DO, of course. :)

Archived