DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Predictions from left field

TLHansum

You guys are talking complete rubbish. Egeanin will not be the Seanhcan to save Egwene. Leilwin Shipless will. As for which of Rand's girls is Ilyena, the correct answer is absolutely none of them. The idea of Rand getting a chance for a face to face chat with the Creator is too ghastly for words.

Or maybe we also believe in another prediction about the Emperor(that guy with one eye and a big hat) changing back her name to Egeanin. I don't like the other name. And it's partly his fault. From all the gifts he could chose, it had to be that one designed specifically for a belly dancer.

There would actually have to be an Emperor before that could happen.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are talking complete rubbish. Egeanin will not be the Seanhcan to save Egwene. Leilwin Shipless will. As for which of Rand's girls is Ilyena, the correct answer is absolutely none of them. The idea of Rand getting a chance for a face to face chat with the Creator is too ghastly for words.

Or maybe we also believe in another prediction about the Emperor(that guy with one eye and a big hat) changing back her name to Egeanin. I don't like the other name. And it's partly his fault. From all the gifts he could chose, it had to be that one designed specifically for a belly dancer.

There would actually have to be an Emperor before that could happen.

When Tuon was princess, Mat was Prince of Ravens.

Now that Fortuona is Empress, I hoped he'll have a boost in rank as well. Like Raven Emperor or whatever. But it can work for Prince of Ravens as well.

Sorry if I jumped the boat and raised the guy to a higher position than he deserves.

...2) We'll find out which of Rands three girls is Ilyena...

...As for #2, I had a theory for like a day that Elayne was Ilyena and that his three women were going to merge. It was a great theory, despite its brevity.

I take it you don't still hold to your soul-merging theory? Pretty sure RJ has ruled such things out?

1) I already said so. 2) So far as I know, he didn't. He said souls can't be split, but not that multiple souls can't be merged into one. In fact, we have seen that happen with Luc/Isam and Fain/Mordeth (and it's happening right now with Rand/Moridin).

As of KoD, RJ said Tuon wouldn't be held by an A'dam.

ORLY?

Even if she's a fast learner, and she's forcibly taught, she wouldn't learn enough

She already knows how to channel because she does it herself through the link rather than asking the damane to do things. She even teaches her damane new weaves.

quick enough to reach her full strength and be of much use in AMoL.

I don't think we know enough about how sul'dam reach their full strength to say one way or the other. In any case, her strength won't matter much in a circle.

4) Unlikely. As of KoD, RJ said Tuon wouldn't be held by an A'dam. She hasn't had much time to practice her sul'dam skills and bring her closer to the brink yet.

I use to think this as well but I have never seen proof of an RJ quote. Think this is one of those DM urban legends that has been repeated so much people think it is true.

Random predictions:

Hmmmm.... Somehow, Aviendha, Mat, and Beslan will get Fortuona thinking, and she will end up, if not precisely joining Rand, at least not making war on everybody. What Avi saw in the rings will be averted.

Logain will save a bunch of people, either at the BT or during the Last Battle.

Moridin will get hold of Callandor somehow... Maybe when Rand fights him, they both get incredibly sick, and Moridin manages to take advantage of this.

Moghedien will actually do something cool.

Cyndane will lure Rand to do something stupid.

Lan will kick a lot of ass.

I still think I got it right, at least from my pov.

So, if confronted with an enemy she hates(Seachan), she will stop at nothing(even if she doesn't like it) to get the upper hand. Even if she has to get help from another Seachan.

I honestly have no idea how you got that out of the passage. Egwene's inability to continue punishing a sister of the Black Ajah who had beat her and committed murder equates to Egwene stopping at nothing? I'll just chalk this one up to disdain for Egwene and walk away in confusion...

Here's one from the deep corner near the foul pole:

Rand utilizing LTT's memory of the War of the Shadow reveals to Mat the technical details for armored jo-cars, armed hoverflies, and transport sho-wings. In a matter of weeks Rand's Aes Sedai and Ashaman produce all of the necessary ter'angreal to power these vehicles and Mat has them installed into the hastily manufactured "shells" along with energy weapons such as shocklances. Mat then organizes equipment and crews: the jo-cars and jumpers into a mechanized division, the hoverflies as an air cavalry brigade, and the sho-wings into a composite air force bomber/transport wing. Mat utilizing his "luck" and ta'vereness to the max gives the crew and soldiers of these machines a crash course in operation and battle tactics and holds a practice maneuver to insure the readiness of personnel and equipment.

Concurrently, information is "leaked" to known darkfriends that Rand is going to strike at Shayol Ghul utilizing Gateways and Skimming at a certain date and time. The surviving Forsaken prepare for this by warding the area around Shayol Ghul in a grid pattern with "power traps". They station a huge army of trollocs around the outside of the grid perimeter that can be used to squeeze the Light Forces into an ever shrinking pocket that the Forsaken can destroy at their leisure.

At the proscribed date and time the Shadow Forces laying in wait are suddenly being blown up by objects dropped from vehicles so high in the air they can barely be seen or heard. The arc light continues to decimate the outlying trollocs until the expected Gateways open behind the trolloc army catching them by surprise. Out of these Gateways stream hundreds of jo-cars and jumpers with weapons that continue to decimate the DO's army as well as dismounting infantry and dragons that also start attacking and bombarding trollocs. The hoverflies arrive on the scene but fly over the trollocs to the inner grid and proceed to launch ward busting weaves and take out Dreadlords occupying key positions. After all resistance around SG is crushed the hoverflies then turn their attention to blasting the innermost ring of trollocs and eventually cause them to panic and retreat back to the outer ring which is under attack from jo-cars, dismounted infantry, and dragon bombardment. The trollocs and their commanding fades realize they are surrounded and being destroyed in place. They try to break out and scatter into the Blasted Lands but few are able to evade the pursuing hoverflies. Once the area immediately surrounding SG is declared secure, more Gateways open near the underground entrances to disgorge Ashaman and Aes Sedai for the final phase of mopping up the surviving Forsaken and Resealing the Bore.

While Rand and his group are inside SG a single hoverflie lands near a huge pile of trolloc corpses and a lanky man wearing an eye patch and wide brimmed hat gets out to examines the carnage. He takes off the hat which has a newly embroidered crossed swords emblem and waves it briefly trying to dispel the fumes. He then proclaims, "Ah, I love the smell of burnt shadowspawn in the morning, it smells like (pause) victory..."

I still think I got it right, at least from my pov.

So, if confronted with an enemy she hates(Seachan), she will stop at nothing(even if she doesn't like it) to get the upper hand. Even if she has to get help from another Seachan.

I honestly have no idea how you got that out of the passage. Egwene's inability to continue punishing a sister of the Black Ajah who had beat her and committed murder equates to Egwene stopping at nothing? I'll just chalk this one up to disdain for Egwene and walk away in confusion...

Hmmm. The beating she gave the BA sister was completely unnecessary. She was captured. If she wanted her out of the picture, a simple knock on the head would have been enough to ko her.

Beating her senseless solved nothing. And the 'I don't like beating you up, but I'm doing it anyway' is normal from your perspective?

What did she accomplish with that beating? Did the BA saw the light after a short torture( Infliction of severe physical pain as a means of punishment or coercion) session? Did paying her with the same coin did something to improve her character?

If you beat up my kid and put him in the hospital, and I beat up your kid in return, but a milder beating, mind you(and I will not like it), will that make me the better person between us?

I understand that in the WoT world spanking is portrayed as a very useful tool, even when dealing with grownups, but usually there is a point to it, even in this world. Cads spanked a king when the guy wanted to start a war, or a Forsaken when she wanted to demystify her, and there is a Mistress of Novices in the WT that lives for this stuff, but only as a lesson for following the rules, although the AS of today managed to change even that office in one of Torturer of Novices/AS/Amyrlin. Even Mat and his spanking of an AS(after she hit him) had a point(and she wasn't tied up and in no condition to defend herself).

Even Elaida had a point/right in ordering Egwene to be strapped after she's captured. Good or bad, Elaida was elected by the Hall, and until she was captured by the Seachan, she was the legal Amyrlin. Even Siuan would have done the same thing Elaida did to Egwene, if some AS decided that they should split up from the tower, chose their own illegitimate Amyrlin, and start a war on Tar Valon, stealing WT tribute money in the process.

But Egwene's beating of a BA sister had no point/use, especially since she was already captured and in no position to threaten her again. It was revenge, pure and simple. Or maybe learning how to tie up several waves at once was the purpose for the beating?!?

Oh, and don't put this on disdain of Egwene. I would have said the same for any character if it acted like that. Beatings for the sake of beatings are a big no no in my book, and I hope it will remain like this for a long long time.

PS: I said all I had to say here, so if you want to continue this, please PM me. I don't want to go too much off topic here.

And again, on topic.

Rand wins the fight at SG and seals the Bore without being hurt once(hence no bleeding). So, an AS will stab him in the back to stay on line with the prophecies. She uses the SL dagger, so the wound is fatal. Before he dies, they find out that Demandred and his balefire over-use created another Bore, at another location. Evil, I know.

Fain cuts himself with his dagger while slicing bread and cheese for his lunch. He dies in excruciating pain, cursing Rand.

Perrin gets to see that special dance his wife was promising him for a while now. I hope that will be a very descriptive chapter :biggrin: . I have the same hope about the chapter in which Rand reunites with his (female)loved ones.

Egwene will bring the hammer down, trying to cut Rand off from the Source. I still want to know if he can use TP.

4) Unlikely. As of KoD, RJ said Tuon wouldn't be held by an A'dam. She hasn't had much time to practice her sul'dam skills and bring her closer to the brink yet.

I use to think this as well but I have never seen proof of an RJ quote. Think this is one of those DM urban legends that has been repeated so much people think it is true.

I remember Luckers quoting it. Regardless, there's not enough time for Tuon to develop into a seriously strong channeler.

I remember Luckers quoting it. Regardless, there's not enough time for Tuon to develop into a seriously strong channeler.

Well maybe Luckers can quote it again. And your other points were already addressed, if I recall.

Well maybe Luckers can quote it again. And your other points were already addressed, if I recall.

There is a quote somewhere in which RJ stated that it takes a long time for a sul'dam to get to the point where the a'dam will hold them, which I've used before to argue that Tuon would not be held--she is young, and works as a sul'dam as a hobby. I don't recall any specific quotes to the direct effect, however, but I'm kind of on the fly. I'll check my notes when I get home.

Moridin will get hold of Callandor somehow... Maybe when Rand fights him, they both get incredibly sick, and Moridin manages to take advantage of this.

Mmm, our two champion hunks, suddenly overwhelmed by the sickness, wallowing in the mud, cursing, trying clumsily to grab Callandor... Oooh, I want to hug them :myrddraal:

There is a quote somewhere in which RJ stated that it takes a long time for a sul'dam to get to the point where the a'dam will hold them, which I've used before to argue that Tuon would not be held--she is young, and works as a sul'dam as a hobby. I don't recall any specific quotes to the direct effect, however, but I'm kind of on the fly. I'll check my notes when I get home.

I know the quote:

DragonCon 3 September 2005 - Emma reporting

Emma: Can the a'dam hold every sul'dam?

RJ: The a'dam can only hold sul'dam who have been sul'dam for a long time and so wearing the bracelet for a long time. Four months for example isn't enough. He said the circle helped them get to the point that's described in the book, as being on the brink of being able to channel, one foot stepped over or something [Winter's Heart Ch. 8].

I like how he gave four months as an example. :biggrin: Obviously it takes most sul'dam a long time to develop the 'affinity', which is why Tuon is exemplary among all the sul'dam we have seen. This is probably partly because of her potential strength, and partly because of the sul'dam/damane ratio and Tuon's special privileges.Training damane is one of her favorite hobbies, and so she has developed the skill level of a der'sul'dam in a short number of years. (Alongside the Supergirls, this shouldn't be too surprising.)

How is Tuon going to develop into an uber channeler in the time-frame available?

None of the super-girls, nor Rand, did it in one month flat, which is pretty much the maximum timeframe if Tuon's forced to channel the day after we see Suffa's demo of a Gate.

I've said it before, the thing I think will push Tuon into channeling herself will be Mat getting seriously injured, and she saves him by Bonding him as her warder.

There has been a lot of foreshadowing about Mat ending up bonded to someone (the end of TOM pretty much pushed it from Very likely to Dead certain), and while it would be hilarious, I really can't see someone other than Tuon bonding him.

The big problem with that theory is of course how the hell Tuon would know the weave for bonding someone, but we have seen the books jump over bigger loopholes than that, so...

Of course, there is the alternative of having an Aes Sedai bond him, and then transfering the bond to Tuon. But that is way too similar to the Myrelle-Lan-Nynaeve situation.

For some reason I read Maj's comment as...

"I think I will push Tuon into channeling"...

But yeah, I don't see Tuon becoming a capable channeler in the time remaining. The most I could see is if someone forcibly sparked her, it would be very satisfying from a reader perspective--someone giving Tuon the same choice that damane get, which is to say, none. Plus the conflicting duties would make for good character drama--I could see Fortuona being strong enough in herself to choose the leash, but what if the Empire needs her free more? Which duty takes precedence?

How is Tuon going to develop into an uber channeler in the time-frame available?

Because she has already been practicing for years. Also, I'm not saying it's going to happen...just that it's entirely possible. Again, she already teaches weaves to her damane. She knows how to channel.

But yeah, I don't see Tuon becoming a capable channeler in the time remaining. The most I could see is if someone forcibly sparked her, it would be very satisfying from a reader perspective--someone giving Tuon the same choice that damane get, which is to say, none. Plus the conflicting duties would make for good character drama--I could see Fortuona being strong enough in herself to choose the leash, but what if the Empire needs her free more? Which duty takes precedence?

Yeah, I'm actually a character in the books, breaking the 4th wall like its never been broken before by posting herebiggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm actually a character in the books, breaking the 4th wall like its never been broken before by posting herebiggrin.gif

I'd buy it, but posting is a form of communicating, and we all know Randlanders can't do that.

How about the part of prophecy "..and the three, shall become one." I think it's talkin about our three main charecters the Ta'Veren. Ppl are just reading to much into that prophecy not to get it. They are our main charecters, connected since birth, min's viewing of the endless black that the firflies keep trying to fill, and how the fireflies get stronger the closer together they are to each other. Maybe, idk just speculation.

Perrin fights Shadar Haran and gets his ass whooped, then Mat comes in to help and ends up annihilating the duesch, while Padan Fain sneeks up and Perrin smashes him in the face with his hammer, meanwhile Rand is battleing Moridin and logain is taking on demandred.

Because she has already been practicing for years. Also, I'm not saying it's going to happen...just that it's entirely possible. Again, she already teaches weaves to her damane. She knows how to channel.

I think your getting something wrong here, Sul'dam don't actually ever touch the source or channel, they control the channeling of the damane they are attached to. Though I would imagine she would be a faster learner if she were to learn how, due to the fact that she has indeed taught others how to channel. However she would not have any ability herself to channel. My beliefs here come from when Rand chases Aviendha to Seanchan through her gateway from the Aeil Waste, on their way back Aviendha says that the Sul'dam could channel, though their ability was incredibly weak, as in they had not channeled themselves so they had not gained any strength in the power.

tFoH chapter 32: "The women with the bracelets can channel also," she replied just as softly. "It feels strange, though. Weak. As if they had never practiced it. I cannot see how that can be."

I get from this these are Sul'dam who have held a leash long enough that they have developed an affinity and can almost sense channeling. But even then, they are weak therefore they wouldn't have any power enough to be much good and Tuon isn't even at that stage so she won't be any use in terms of channeling for a long time.

How about the part of prophecy "..and the three, shall become one." I think it's talkin about our three main charecters the Ta'Veren. Ppl are just reading to much into that prophecy not to get it. They are our main charecters, connected since birth, min's viewing of the endless black that the firflies keep trying to fill, and how the fireflies get stronger the closer together they are to each other. Maybe, idk just speculation.

Thats a good one, I can't believe I'd never thought of it like this. Like metaphorically speaking they become one, since they have been on seperate places of Randland for so long, they will come together to work with eachother.

I think your getting something wrong here, Sul'dam don't actually ever touch the source or channel, they control the channeling of the damane they are attached to.

Again, some sul'dam are more skilled than others, and they actually channel using the damane's power rather than telling the damane what to do. Again, this is what Nynaeve did with Moghedien.

Archived