DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Logain's Glory

Aleator77

I've been lurking here for a long time, and I finally decided to make my first post. So first of all, hello everyone.

That said, I've seen various theories floating around about Logain's coming glory, and I thought I'd post my own. I've never seen it posted on here, which is strange, because it always seemed blatantly obvious to me. Maybe I just missed it, or maybe someone else knows of some facts that I personally missed.

We know that Logain will gain glory. It will be unprecedented, above all other men. What could possibly lead to such glory? Rand is a man, and he's going to seal/defeat the dark one and save the world, certainly a glorious act. Yet Logain will apparently gain glory even over Rand. There's only one possible explanation. Logain is going to be remembered by future generations as the Dragon Reborn. Nothing that I have seen indicates that Logain's glory has to come while he is still alive. Furthermore, nothing says he has to actually deserve the glory either. Furthermore, it makes much more sense than devoting a large portion of the last book to a thus far minor side character doing great deeds and earning glory.

Impossible? Thom Merrilin doesn't think so.

“I was talking of change. My epic, if I compose it - and Loial’s book - will be no more than seed, if we

are both lucky. Those who know the truth will die, and their grandchildren’s grandchildren will remember

something different. And their grand-children’s grandchildren something else again. Two dozen generations,

and you may be the hero of it, not Rand.”

“Me?” she laughed.

“Or maybe Mat, or Lan. Or even myself.” He grinned at her, warming his weathered face. “Thom

Merrilin. Not a gleeman - but what? Who can say? Not eating fire, but breathing it. Hurling it about like an Aes

Sedai.”

The Shadow Rising, Chapter 20

So. Thoughts? Additions? Arguments? Is this old news and I just missed it? I'd like to hear what people think.

We know that Logain will gain glory. It will be unprecedented, above all other men. What could possibly lead to such glory? Rand is a man, and he's going to seal/defeat the dark one and save the world, certainly a glorious act. Yet Logain will apparently gain glory even over Rand.

Not exactly. According to Min, "Logain was destined for glory such as few men had dreamed of.". It doesn't necessary mean that he will earn more glory than the Dragon Reborn.

Still, your suggestion is certainly possible.

^^ those are the excat same thoughts i had upon reading it. No where canI remember it saying in the books that he is destined for more glory than Rand but I have a feeling he just might. Read a post earlier where somebody said they want the masses of the Light side to see "Rand in action" (Channelling not the dirty kind of action, tho if all his ladies are there it would b a great scene :biggrin: ) don't think this will happen but they might see Logain leading the Light-sided channellers and this could lead to him having more glory than Rand

Well, the most epic battle of all times in coming... Plenty of opportunities for heroic deeds.

Rand is destined for the direct confrontation against the DO -- that will take place at a different level than the mundane, and you can bet it'll take ALL of Rand's attention. Someone has to lead the armies at the front (Great Captain Cauthon does not ride at the front). Someone has to deal with Shaidar Haran, with Fain, with Demandred... Plenty of opportunities.

This dream of Egwene's is interesting in this context:

'Logain, laughing, steps over something onto a black stone. It looks like Rand's body, but when she touches his face it breaks like a paper puppet.' (ACOS 10)

Many people have suggested that the 'black stone' could well be the dais that Taim uses to address the Asha'man at the BT.

Logain being remembered as the Dragon does not fulfill the Viewing, or at least it can only be a partial fulfillment: "But she had never before seen a flaring halo around his [Logain's] head, radiant in blue and gold. . . . All that remained for him was the despair of the gentled. . . . So why had he worn a halo that shouted of glory and power to come?" Where is his power in your scenario?

Many people have suggested that the 'black stone' could well be the dais that Taim uses to address the Asha'man at the BT.

In the context of Logains glory. This is nothing new...

Sorry, I wasn't entirely clear. I'll try again: Egwene's dream could be interpreted as Logain 'stepping up' to take control of the Asha'man, over Rand's dead body. This fits in with your scenario I think.

Logain being remembered as the Dragon does not fulfill the Viewing, or at least it can only be a partial fulfillment: "But she had never before seen a flaring halo around his [Logain's] head, radiant in blue and gold. . . . All that remained for him was the despair of the gentled. . . . So why had he worn a halo that shouted of glory and power to come?" Where is his power in your scenario?

Logain was a minor lord in Ghealdan, and was stripped of his land and titles by King Johanin (KoD18). He now wears an enamelled pin with three golden crowns on a field of blue.. and the halo Min Views flares, 'radiant in gold and blue'. Is he going to depose King Johanin?

One Power, maybe?

In the context of Logains glory. This is nothing new...

Sorry, I wasn't entirely clear. I'll try again: Egwene's dream could be interpreted as Logain 'stepping up' to take control of the Asha'man, over Rand's dead body. This fits in with your scenario I think.

Actually, that was what I meant to say...

Logain was a minor lord in Ghealdan, and was stripped of his land and titles by King Johanin (KoD18). He now wears an enamelled pin with three golden crowns on a field of blue.. and the halo Min Views flares, 'radiant in gold and blue'. Is he going to depose King Johanin?

King Johanin is dead. We now have Queen Alliandre. Or is he going to marry her? lol.

King Johanin is dead. We now have Queen Alliandre. Or is he going to marry her? lol.

So he is. Wasn't Masema involved in that?

Of course, he could add Alliandre to his collection..

I thought 'morning glory' was a flower, but I have a suspicion something else is meant here.. perhaps I won't enquire too closely :blush:

..but of course since curiosity is my besetting sin,

I had to check, didn't I...........

So he is. Wasn't Masema involved in that?

Yes.

Of course, he could add Alliandre to his collection..

ROFL! :laugh: :laugh:

I thought 'morning glory' was a flower, but I have a suspicion something else is meant here.. perhaps I won't enquire too closely :blush:

..but of course since curiosity is my besetting sin,

I had to check, didn't I...........

LMAO!! You're hilarious! :laugh:

Like I said, it fits with the Alliandre theory :tongue:

Archived