DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Something you would like to see in aMoL

Clayden69

I want to see the Chosen (or what's left of them)actually win something for a change. If one of them kills a main character, that would be awesome. I hope it's Demandred at that, since he's been hiding the most. And whoever said he hopes Demandred is actually Taim, just so Jordan would have lied to us, I'd love that myself. I also agree that we need some cool twists, like Verin's big reveal. I'd love to see some characters shift sides, with Cyndane coming back to the Light, but Taim (if he's not Demandred) being elected Chosen or something like that. Hell, why not turn some of the most powerful channelers into Chosen at this point, as their numbers are so small now.

I want a lot of Moridin, too. He's been cast aside too long. It's time for him to fill the role of the super villain he's intended to be. Shaidar Haran, too, and if it comes to it, Shai'tan.

Part of me feels inclined to want a total left-field ending, like Shai'tan winning instead of Rand, but as I said elsewhere, I doubt Jordan had the balls for that. It might also hurt revenue.

This. I really want the Forsaken to step up and do some damage, otherwise Rand's victory will feel a bit hollow. And I want lots and lots of Moridin. He's been the most interesting darkside character for a while, and I'd love some POV switches during the LB (between him, Rand, and maybe Mat and Demandred if Dem commands the dark forces).

And I would also love this Mat/Demandred PoV shift.

It would be Great for Nynaeve find a way to return to the Light those , who were 13+13d.

Rand can do that... should be much like what he did to Asmodean.

Asmodean was followed tDO by his own choice , not by 13+13 , as far as I remember .

I don't think he would have become a Forsaken if he was 13+13ed.

I remember what I wanted to happen in AMoL:

Rand who says "you're late" or something like that when Moiraine arrive at the FoM.

Cadsuane to have an emotional death where she sacrifices herself to win the last battle (she only ever wanted to make it to the last battle)

would be fitting

a big twist like verrin.

lots of these

I want to see the Chosen (or what's left of them)actually win something for a change. If one of them kills a main character, that would be awesome

Needs to happen

almen the farmer fights a trolloc

:biggrin:

Cadsuane dying of natural causes just before the last battle. A plethora of marriages between all the romances setup in the books followed by a plethora of divorces as they realize deciding after one conversation with the other person that they were the love of their lives might have been a rash decision.

I want Rand, Moiraine, and Nynaeve to use Callandor, with their warders and Mat at the their side. I've decided someone forgot to invite Perrin.

Rand has, in truth, no warders. He is a warder himself. But I think you mean that Elayne, Avi, Min and Alanna are at his side?

Maybe he even knows a way to draw Saidar through the warder bond, while they are strictly no part of the circle. I mean, if VoG is right, he doesn't only remember LTT, but all his former lives.

Cadsuane dying of natural causes just before the last battle. A plethora of marriages between all the romances setup in the books followed by a plethora of divorces as they realize deciding after one conversation with the other person that they were the love of their lives might have been a rash decision.

The second part made me giggle.

I want Rand, Moiraine, and Nynaeve to use Callandor, with their warders and Mat at the their side. I've decided someone forgot to invite Perrin.

Rand has, in truth, no warders. He is a warder himself. But I think you mean that Elayne, Avi, Min and Alanna are at his side?

Good point. Honestly, I don't care if they're there. I just want me some Rand, Moiraine, Nynaeve, Mat time. Loial can join them if he wishes.

There should be a price for victory. A real price. Whether that be the deaths of major characters, or, in my preferred resolution, the end of magic. Yeah, yeah, I know there are no ending in the Wheel of Time. So let's say, "the dawning of an Age without magic."

People object when I point out that this series was originally marketed to the young adult demo, and retains the characteristics of a YA series. If we don't conclude our hundreds-of-thousands-of-words-epic-tale-of-good-and-evil with a cost-free triumph for the good guys, I might re-evaluate.

Unfortunately, those examples lack an emotional punch.

Seanchan, Shara, the Amayar, Caemlyn, the Borderlands . . . we know the world is in bad shape, but these aren't places that we're really connected to. We don't see significant characters die. We don't really experience the carnage first-hand.

I don't want a bloodbath, but I do want to feel the tension, desperation, and hopelessness that I should be feeling if the Light was really on its last legs.

Unfortunately, those examples lack an emotional punch.

Seanchan, Shara, the Amayar, Caemlyn, the Borderlands . . . we know the world is in bad shape, but these aren't places that we're really connected to. We don't see significant characters die. We don't really experience the carnage first-hand.

I don't want a bloodbath, but I do want to feel the tension, desperation, and hopelessness that I should be feeling if the Light was really on its last legs.

I think in AMoL Caemlyn may fit the bill, we have a pretty big connection to that city...

Archived