DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Something you would like to see in aMoL

Clayden69

I'd love to see Hopper come back as a Hero of the Horn(not even sure it's possible). This would b so amazing and I think I will actually cheer if it happens.

I'd like to know what everybody else would like to see in the final book. Not necessarily something major that ties up a plot thread, just something, anything, that will have an emotional pull on you.

Ingtar coming back as a hero of the horn would be awesome.

What outstandingly glorious deeds has he accomplished to deserve to be a Hero? He was a darkfriend who got some redemption by holding off a Seanchan charge so his friends could escape. A touching and brave end for sure, but not anywhere near the legendary deeds needed to join the very small number of Heroes of the Horn.

I doubt Ingtar would come back as a Hero. He sacrificed his life, sure, but before that he swore it to the Shadow. A cool character, and he redeemed himself, but I think becoming a Darkfriend beforehand sort of cancels it out.

Verins different. If I could see any dead character come back as a hero it would be her. Unless she was a new Chosen and turns out to be Nakomi ofc, but I doubt she was Chosen.

What would I like to see in AMoL? An cult of evil Ogier in the Blight with a nice little Worm farm.

I'd like a lot of Moridin PoVs. A LOT. I wouldnt object to him being on par with Mat and Perrin PoV-wise.

Also I want to see Egwene get balefired. With a big fat angreal so her chances of becoming a Hero would be slim.

What outstandingly glorious deeds has he accomplished to deserve to be a Hero? He was a darkfriend who got some redemption by holding off a Seanchan charge so his friends could escape. A touching and brave end for sure, but not anywhere near the legendary deeds needed to join the very small number of Heroes of the Horn.

no need for peoples suggestions to be realistic just something they would like to see. so it doesn't matter if his deeds are not worthy

ingtar was not usual darkfriend. he joined the shadow for the wrong reasons. he had no need for immortality or someother selfish need like your average forsaken. It was all to protect the borderlands from the shadow.

Ingtar actually so far has the best case of redemption throughout the series apart from verin. the other heroes of the horn are just nameless folk to me apart from birgitte. so i couldnt care less about them.

I'd like to see a major character pull a Sammael or Demandred, and turn to the shadow. Rand can't anymore, neither can Perrin and Mat can't either. Nyneave is too dedicated, and so is Aviendha. Min love Rand too much. I doubt Elayne will, but I base that supposition more on the viewing than anything else. If Rhuarc turns out to be dark friend that would be interesting. I don't remember exactly where, but a realistic scenario where Egwene turns to the shadow is sketched. That would be my pick, partly because I detest Egwene, but also because I think a major character needs to turn to the shadow for effect.

Reene Halfor and Halwin Norry marry.

Cyndane turns back to the Light, then marries Talmanes (I don't want to offend any Black Tower Social Group leaders).

Demandred is Taim. That would be a ROFL, because it would mean RJ had lied.

Moraine marrying Thom. Their could be a huge ceremony with all of the heroes of the books uniting the night before the battle so that they can eat drink and be merry one last time before marching off to kill the Dark One. It would allow for some really touching moments and a nice farewell to all the characters. There could be a great speech about why they fight and how some of them will not return. It would frame the sacrifices they were making real by showing the emotional impact of those who die in the Last Battle.

Also, Hopper should come back with the horn. This is such a great idea. Really, it's not hard to add it into the story and it would be so great. I love wolves in stories. They're always so viscous and ruthless but also innocent at the same time. Hopper deserves to be a hero bound to the horn more than Ingtar and Verin. Hopper sacrificed everything. Would the horn sounds he deserves to be there more than most of the heroes.

Mat gets Setalle Anan and the ashaman who can heal being severed and gets her all fixed up. I always wanted to see this after he learned who she was.

edit: oh and for hopper... i want him to "consume the English shadowspawn with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse."

Cadsuane to have an emotional death where she sacrifices herself to win the last battle (she only ever wanted to make it to the last battle)

Moiraine and Rand to link.

Perrin to die.

min to die.

a big twist like verrin.

lots of moiraine screen time (reunion with rand, reunion with siuan, reunion with egwene ("i told you would be amyrlin"))

moghedian and grendal to actually kill some people we know on the light side.

More big WTF twists.

i personally would like to see a lot more of rands pov. seeing the main character from the outside so much detracts from his importance. i think this has been a mistake in the past. although i understand that by showing his pov the reader is involved in knowing things he/she should not about the plot that the author/s does not want revealed yet i think it could still be done in a way that allows for the pov but without the spoiler issues.

big i want it alls..lan to go into the blight with an army the likes of which even god has never seen. everyone from younglings to aged housewives gathering up weapons to fight with aan'allein(sp) better yet...to see lan become ta'veren for a time and let loose a horrific can of whoopass.

i personally would like to see a lot more of rands pov. seeing the main character from the outside so much detracts from his importance. i think this has been a mistake in the past. although i understand that by showing his pov the reader is involved in knowing things he/she should not about the plot that the author/s does not want revealed yet i think it could still be done in a way that allows for the pov but without the spoiler issues.

big i want it alls..lan to go into the blight with an army the likes of which even god has never seen. everyone from younglings to aged housewives gathering up weapons to fight with aan'allein(sp) better yet...to see lan become ta'veren for a time and let loose a horrific can of whoopass.

Tai'shar Malkier!

Have said this on intro post:

After Tarmon Gai'don and dependent on main character survival, I would like to see the Emond's Field folk return home for a grand procession to show the story coming full circle. Most of the main characters wouldn't stay of course, only visit and participate in High Lord Perrin's installment ceremony as Steward of the Two Rivers. It would be interesting to have POV's from random villagers like Cenn Buie, Alsbet Luhhan, Wit Congar, Eldrin Cauthon, etc depicting what they thought about the former villagers who were now walking legends. What might they say and think about the Dragon Reborn, the "Child" Amyrlin, a Yellow Ajah Healer that bested her Age of Legends counterparts, and a Great Captain who sounded the Horn of Valere. Even VIP guests like Elayne, Berelain, Alliandre, Davram Bashere and Galad would excite comment from the spectating Emond's Field villagers.

2nd thing want to see in AMOL:

How Aviendha reconciles and corrects for the vision in the "Way Forward" Ter'angreal. How does she manipulate events whereupon the Aiel don't attempt to launch a war of retribution against the Seanchan one generation after TG. It is also very disturbing that in Avi's vision of the Clan Leaders, it appears only Bruan survived TG and none of prominent Wise Ones; The Last Battle must have taken a horrendous toll of the Aiel leadership!

After Tarmon Gai'don and dependent on main character survival, I would like to see the Emond's Field folk return home for a grand procession to show the story coming full circle. Most of the main characters wouldn't stay of course, only visit and participate in High Lord Perrin's installment ceremony as Steward of the Two Rivers. It would be interesting to have POV's from random villagers like Cenn Buie, Alsbet Luhhan, Wit Congar, Eldrin Cauthon, etc depicting what they thought about the former villagers who were now walking legends. What might they say and think about the Dragon Reborn, the "Child" Amyrlin, a Yellow Ajah Healer that bested her Age of Legends counterparts, and a Great Captain who sounded the Horn of Valere. Even VIP guests like Elayne, Berelain, Alliandre, Davram Bashere and Galad would excite comment from the spectating Emond's Field villagers.

Would be epic and a very fitting way to end it, provided the Light wins. I'd rather the Shadow wins and this isn't possible but would be a good ending I think. But u would also need Rand's (if he's there, doubtful), Mat's, Nynaeve's, Egwene's PoV's about the changes to Emonds Field as it has changes alot over the course of the story. It's probably even grown since Perrin left for the 2nd time.

I want to see the Chosen (or what's left of them)actually win something for a change. If one of them kills a main character, that would be awesome. I hope it's Demandred at that, since he's been hiding the most. And whoever said he hopes Demandred is actually Taim, just so Jordan would have lied to us, I'd love that myself. I also agree that we need some cool twists, like Verin's big reveal. I'd love to see some characters shift sides, with Cyndane coming back to the Light, but Taim (if he's not Demandred) being elected Chosen or something like that. Hell, why not turn some of the most powerful channelers into Chosen at this point, as their numbers are so small now.

I want a lot of Moridin, too. He's been cast aside too long. It's time for him to fill the role of the super villain he's intended to be. Shaidar Haran, too, and if it comes to it, Shai'tan.

Part of me feels inclined to want a total left-field ending, like Shai'tan winning instead of Rand, but as I said elsewhere, I doubt Jordan had the balls for that. It might also hurt revenue.

I want to see Aviendha saving Rand from Cyndanes trap , she deserves at least one Great moment in the series .

I hope for some interactions between Egwene and Fortuona , may be we'll discover who has the strongest will power .

It would be Great for Nynaeve find a way to return to the Light those , who were 13+13d.

I want to see the Chosen (or what's left of them)actually win something for a change. If one of them kills a main character, that would be awesome. I hope it's Demandred at that, since he's been hiding the most. And whoever said he hopes Demandred is actually Taim, just so Jordan would have lied to us, I'd love that myself. I also agree that we need some cool twists, like Verin's big reveal. I'd love to see some characters shift sides, with Cyndane coming back to the Light, but Taim (if he's not Demandred) being elected Chosen or something like that. Hell, why not turn some of the most powerful channelers into Chosen at this point, as their numbers are so small now.

I want a lot of Moridin, too. He's been cast aside too long. It's time for him to fill the role of the super villain he's intended to be. Shaidar Haran, too, and if it comes to it, Shai'tan.

Part of me feels inclined to want a total left-field ending, like Shai'tan winning instead of Rand, but as I said elsewhere, I doubt Jordan had the balls for that. It might also hurt revenue.

This. I really want the Forsaken to step up and do some damage, otherwise Rand's victory will feel a bit hollow. And I want lots and lots of Moridin. He's been the most interesting darkside character for a while, and I'd love some POV switches during the LB (between him, Rand, and maybe Mat and Demandred if Dem commands the dark forces).

Archived