DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[SG Faire:Aiel]: Spear Toss

RLUNDab

*watches as Vambram's spear imbeds itself into the very centre of the star's top point*

Correct, and very nicely done. Now let's try somwthing a little different - hitting something smaller than the ground. :biggrin*

*Makes a small tower of rocks*

Let's see if you can knock my tower over.

Q6. What is the different between a first-sister and a near-sister?

A First-sister shares the same mother.

A near-sister is a friend close enough to be considered a sister.

For instance, my first-sister had a birthday yesterday.

My near-sister was my maid of honor.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*When no spear toss is forthcoming, Ithi decides to give a half point as Moon did give the correct answer*

Ok people, pay attention. This is the Three-fold land. You will learn to love your spears like they are your near sisters - as without them you will not survive here long. So remember, throw spear AND answer question.

The target is still there, so let's see if anyone can knock my tower of rocks over this time.

Q7. What is the translation of Cor Darei?

*Watches as Vambram's spear blasts through the air and slams into the tower of rocks - scattering them across the playing area*

Now THAT was a spear toss. Vambram, my friend of few words, that was excellently done and you are quite correct. :biggrin:

*restacks the rocks into another tower, slightly smaller than the first*

Let's see if you can just knock the top rock off. That's going to take a really skillful throw.

Q8. What is the translation of Seia Doon?

You deserve the rest sister.

*watches Key's spear brush the top rock off the tower*

Impressive. You're part of the WT right? Anywho, *draws a circle in the dirt*

Q9. What is the translation of Sha'mad Conde?

*bows his head slightly to Illthian* Thank you for your kind words, Wise One.

*looks to the small circle in the dirt made by Lessa Nikia and grins while aiming the spear, with the right hand cocked back at the ear, and with the left arm pointed towards the circle*

Sha'mad Conde are the Thunder Walkers.

*throws the spear in an arc so that it will hopefully come down in the middle of that circle in the dirt*

*inclines head to the Aiel* I never thought to impress an Aiel; thank you for your nice words!

Yes, I am part of the White Tower. I am looking to branch out, however, and may find myself in the Waste before the year is out.

*looks at the target*

*judges the distance between the target and herself*

*lets loose her spear*

Far Aldazar Din are the Brothers of the Eagle.

*aims at the target with my left arm stretched out and pointed at the target, and my right hand grips the spear firmly raising it above my shoulder*

Rhuarc lives in the Cold Rocks Hold.

*throws the spear in the air, with a powerful throw hoping to hit the target*

*watches as the spear hits the target*

Correct once again Wetlander. Now, *sets up five rows of stones* hit the center one.

Q12. Name the place where Couladin announces himself Car'a'carn.

*carefully aims the spear as I prepare to throw it at the center stone*

Couladin falsely names himself as the Car'a'carn at Alcair Dal.

*throws the spear, putting some power on the toss as I throw it at the center stone*

*watches Key's spear tip hit the dot*

Very good Wetlander *draws a wavy line in the dirt. points with her spear to the thrid wave* Hit the peak of that one.

Q14. What is the name of first Aiel woman who takes up the spear?

Wise One! Wise One! I'm a Maiden :aiel:

*wonders if she needs to prove her credentials, running her finger gently along the sharp edge of her spear*

My spear sister has asked a question and set the next challenge. Who will be the first to succeed?

*runs in hurriedly buckling the last strap on her Aiel cheerleading outfit*

Hey everyone, especially Team Red, ‘cos I’m your Aiel Team Leader! It’s great to see you all turn up here! Looks like there’s been some outstanding spear-throwing going on!

*gives Red and Moon some cool water to refresh them in this burning heat*

Go Red, go Moon!!! Let’s see you throwing some amazing shots! We can still beat Team Blue because RED IS AWESOME!!!

*hefts two spears with red pompoms tied under the blades and starts bouncing about in a fierce Aiel way*

Wise One! Wise One! I'm a Maiden :aiel:

*wonders if she needs to prove her credentials, running her finger gently along the sharp edge of her spear*

My spear sister has asked a question and set the next challenge. Who will be the first to succeed?

Please accept my apologies. I must have gotten confused after all of those successful spear tosses I did.

Archived