DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[SG Faire:Aiel]: Spear Toss

RLUNDab

Welcome, Wetlanders, to the Threefold Land. Are you ready to test your spear throwing skills against the Aiel's sharpest competitors?

This is how the competition will unfold. I am Genevieve, Wise One Initiate, and your competition moderator, and will be making sure you all stay in line (which I'm certain you will):happy:, as well as making your teams!

We have three judges from the Far Dareis Mai, Ithillian, Lessa Nikia, and Leelou, who will be asking you different questions, and telling you if you have the right answer.

The questions will be about the Aiel culture and characters, and points will be awarded to the first team with a member who answers it correctly. You will be required to make a short (one sentence or so) RP about tossing your spear before you answer, because answering a question correctly means you made a good spear toss!

All people participating will be divided into two teams, the Red team, and the Blue team, each team will have an Aiel Leader so that you don't get lost or die of thirst in the harsh conditions of our homeland. They will also provide moral support.

As soon as we have enough players i will post announcing the teams, and the official start of the game. Even after the game starts, you can still sign up and join in! I will announce which team anyone who wanders in after the start will be joining!

*When posting your answers please post in the color of your team, just to make keeping track of your points easier.

Please sign up by posting on this thread, or PMing me! thanks!

Red Team:

1.Red2111..... 6

2.Amoondah Sedai.....2 1/2

3. Talmanes.....

4. Shed_B_Nalesean

Blue Team:

1.keyholder21 .....14

2.Kivam ......1

3.Vambram ......13

Even after the game has been started you can still join! I will add you to a team at any point!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more than happy to get this started. Hello Wetlanders and fellow Aiel, I'm Ithi, and I'll be one of the judges in this game. Now some of you are new to the spear, so we'll take it nice and simple.

Just try and throw your spear in a straight line, and try to get it to land point down. :biggrin:

Q1. What is the name of Amys' sister wife?

First person to successfully throw their spear, and answer the question correctly gets a point for their team.

I'm more than happy to get this started. Hello Wetlanders and fellow Aiel, I'm Ithi, and I'll be one of the judges in this game. Now some of you are new to the spear, so we'll take it nice and simple.

Just try and throw your spear in a straight line, and try to get it to land point down. :biggrin:

Q1. What is the name of Amys' sister wife?

First person to successfully throw their spear, and answer the question correctly gets a point for their team.

*Winds up and launches the spear*

Lian

Kivam is correct. One point to his team, and excellent technique too. *is impressed*

So something slightly more tricky this time. See if you can throw your spear and get it to land in this circle.

*draws large circle in the dirt with spear butt and then walks a little way away from it.*

Hmmmm.

*considers the Wetlanders in the team and walks quite a bit further away ;-)*

Q2.What is a sept, in relation to a clan?

Again a point on offer - plus we get to see how good your aim is. :biggrin:

Kivam is correct. One point to his team, and excellent technique too. *is impressed*

So something slightly more tricky this time. See if you can throw your spear and get it to land in this circle.

*draws large circle in the dirt with spear butt and then walks a little way away from it.*

Hmmmm.

*considers the Wetlanders in the team and walks quite a bit further away ;-)*

Q2.What is a sept, in relation to a clan?

Again a point on offer - plus we get to see how good your aim is. :biggrin:

clans are like countries, septs are like states or regions within the country.

*watches as the spear comes thunking down, right in the centre of the circle*

Correct Vambram. One point to your team and excellent control and aim there.

Next attempt.

*passes new spears to team members and jogs easily to about 100 yards away and draws a line in the dirt*

Let's see if you can throw it a little further, like beyond this line

Q3. How many warrior societies are there among the Aiel?

And you may need to wait for another judge for confirmation of the answer on this one, as its gone 2am where I am.

Ithi - signing out.

I'm Lessa and I am also a judge :aiel:

*watches as Key's spear just makes it across the line*

Correct. Most know of the 12 but there were 13 including the ancient Jenn Aiel aka. the True Aiel that still followed the Way of the Leaf after the Breaking.

Next question. *draws a diamond in the dirt with the end of her spear*

Q3.Why do the Aiel call the Waste the Threefold Land?

*hefts the spear, and leans back a bit to get ready to throw it*

It is called the Three Fold Land by the Aiel because it is a punishment for their sin, a testing ground for their courage, and an anvil to shape them.

*throws the spear aiming it at the diamond shape in the dirt*

I'm Lessa and I am also a judge :aiel:

*watches as Key's spear just makes it across the line*

Correct. Most know of the 12 but there were 13 including the ancient Jenn Aiel aka. the True Aiel that still followed the Way of the Leaf after the Breaking.

Next question. *draws a diamond in the dirt with the end of her spear*

Q3.Why do the Aiel call the Waste the Threefold Land?

The Jenn were a clan, but most definitely not a warrior society

*rouses briefly and dreamily from her sleep at the sound of Kivam's voice*

Your absolutely right of course - the Jenn Aiel are a clan, not a society. The 13th "society" is the Mera'din, or the Brotherless. Sorry for any confusion.

*falls back asleep whilst waiting for the official judgement of that last spear toss*

I see you contestants. I am the final judge. :aiel:

*watches Vambram's spear fly to the edge of the diamond*

You are correct.

*draws a star in the ground with her spear, 150 yards away*

Let's see if you can get your spear in the top point of the star.

Q5. What is the name of Aviendha's sister?

*takes a running start with spear raised above the shoulder and then throws that spear as accurately as I possibly can*

The name of Aviendha's sister... her first-sister is: Niella.

*watches as Vambram's spear imbeds itself into the very centre of the star's top point*

Correct, and very nicely done. Now let's try somwthing a little different - hitting something smaller than the ground. :biggrin*

*Makes a small tower of rocks*

Let's see if you can knock my tower over.

Q6. What is the different between a first-sister and a near-sister?

Archived