DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[SG Faire:Aiel]: Spear Toss

RLUNDab

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Stares at the blade of Key's spear as it flies over her head, taking the apple with it*

Correct again. Ooh I know. *makes a tower of apples* see if you can knock the middle one out, but leave the rest standing.

Q23. What three types of people are allowed to enter the Waste?

I'm not sure if I can randomly jump in, but here goes anyway.

Talmanes gripped the haft of his spear. He was more used to swords, but he thought this would still not be too difficult. Pulling back his arm he flung the object from his hand.

I'll go with Tinkers, Peddlers, and in previous times Cairhien. Also Aiel are allowed to enter the waste :biggrin: .

Welcome, Wetlanders, to the Threefold Land. Are you ready to test your spear throwing skills against the Aiel's sharpest competitors?

This is how the competition will unfold. I am Genevieve, Wise One Initiate, and your competition moderator, and will be making sure you all stay in line (which I'm certain you will):happy:, as well as making your teams!

We have three judges from the Far Dareis Mai, Ithillian, Lessa Nikia, and Leelou, who will be asking you different questions, and telling you if you have the right answer.

The questions will be about the Aiel culture and characters, and points will be awarded to the first team with a member who answers it correctly. You will be required to make a short (one sentence or so) RP about tossing your spear before you answer, because answering a question correctly means you made a good spear toss!

All people participating will be divided into two teams, the Red team, and the Blue team, each team will have an Aiel Leader so that you don't get lost or die of thirst in the harsh conditions of our homeland. They will also provide moral support.

As soon as we have enough players i will post announcing the teams, and the official start of the game. Even after the game starts, you can still sign up and join in! I will announce which team anyone who wanders in after the start will be joining!

*When posting your answers please post in the color of your team, just to make keeping track of your points easier.

Please sign up by posting on this thread, or PMing me! thanks!

Red Team:

1.Red2111..... 3

2.Amoondah Sedai..... 1/2

3. Talmanes.....

Red Team Total: 3 & 1/2

Blue Team:

1.keyholder21 .....10

2.Kivam ......1

3.Vambram ......8

Blue Team Total: 19

Even after the game has been started you can still join! I will add you to a team at any point!

Come on Red team. You can do better than this, I know it!

*Talmanes' spear hits the edge of the tower of apples, taking a neat slice in the shape of the letter 'T' out

Wow, not quite right but genius technique.

*sees Red's spear come flying past - knocking the centre apple out, leaving the tower standing with barely a ripple*

Correct - and well caught Red.

*lines the apples up in a long row on a high flat rock*

Let's see you make an apple kebab.

Q. Who was once allowed to enter the Waste, but are not allowed any longer?

*sees Key's spear neatly punch through the whole line of apples - making Apple Kebab*

Correct!

*starts skillfully juggling with five more apples*

Pick an apple, any apple lol

Q. What is the name of the tree in Rhuidean?

*aims at one of the apples being juggled, taking care to NOT hit the beautiful Maiden*

Avendesora is the tree in Ruidean

*throws his spear at one of the five apples that the maiden is juggling*

*Sees Vambram's spear neatly take an apple from the air*

Correct! Let's make it a bit more tricker.

*takes a bite out of one of the apples and starts juggling again*

Spear the one with the bite!

Q. Name the man who began the war between Cairhien and the Aiel?

Q. Name the man who began the war between Cairhien and the Aiel?

*eyes the white spanse where the bite is*

*tosses the spear easily*

Laman Damodred (when he cut down Avendoraldera to make a throne)

Lol @ Nya

*Tips her head slightly to one side as Key's spear comes whistling past - taking the correct apple along with it*

Key - you are a natural. Correct!

*drags a crate over to the Spear Throwing space and reaches inside to take a fat pigeon out*

Now, you are going to have to be quick with this one, because I won't be happy if this evening's meal gets away. And they fly fast and straight and high.

*releases the pigeon*

Q. What were the Aiel called during the Age of Legends?

Lol @ Nya

*Tips her head slightly to one side as Key's spear comes whistling past - taking the correct apple along with it*

Key - you are a natural. Correct!

*drags a crate over to the Spear Throwing space and reaches inside to take a fat pigeon out*

Now, you are going to have to be quick with this one, because I won't be happy if this evening's meal gets away. And they fly fast and straight and high.

*releases the pigeon*

Q. What were the Aiel called during the Age of Legends?

*aims his spear at the flying pigeon*

During the Age of Legends, the Aiel were called the Da`shain Aiel.

*throws his spear at the flying pigeon so that Ithi can have her dinner. aiel.gif

Patience Vam. I'm in the UK and need my sleep lol.

*watches Vam's spear neatly wing the pigeon and bring it down to earth. Sends a Gai'shain to fetch and prepare it for later*

Correct! And seeing how it worked so well, let's try it again.

*Releases another pigeon*

Q. What is the second covenant?

Patience Vam. I'm in the UK and need my sleep lol.

*watches Vam's spear neatly wing the pigeon and bring it down to earth. Sends a Gai'shain to fetch and prepare it for later*

Correct! And seeing how it worked so well, let's try it again.

*Releases another pigeon*

Q. What is the second covenant?

I apologize for being a little impatient, ithillian.

*aims his spear at the second pigeon*

The second covenant is when the aes sedai gave to the Da`shain Aiel precious ter`angreal and angreal and told to take them all to a place of safety.

*throws his spear at the pigeon so that we can have more dinner for everyone*

*sees the second pigeon get taken down by Vam's spear.

Correct! Hmmm, I wonder how many more we will need to feed everyone. Maybe just one more.

Releases the final pigeon.

Q. When did the Aiel first break apart after the Age of Legends?

*carefully aims his spear at the quickly moving pigeon*

"The first split among the Da'shain Aiel occurred while the Aiel were travelling south towards the site of Rhuidean. Following a raid, some of them, led by Sulwin, decided to forsake the command of the Aes Sedai and instead seek out the Song of Growing."

*throws his spear at the third pigeon and hopes he hits it, because the Aiel are hungry*

*The third pigeon is easily taken out by Vambram's spear*

Well we are really getting through these questions now. Lets try and increase both distance and accuracy when we can throw the spears again.

*points to where Gai'shain have been setting out markers further down the throwing plain*

Ok the first marker is at 100 feet. Can you hit the target?

Q. Where does the Aiel's use of a veil for killing originate from?

Archived