DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[SG Faire: Artists Crafters Writers Guild] WoT Emoticon Story Competition

Kathleen

:mat: ran, ashandarei in his hands. All around him soldiers fighting horrible :narg: s and :myrddraal: .

He knew :perrin: and those blasted :whitecloak: s must be somewhere nearby on the plain :rand: had set them on, but he had not seen any sign of him since then.

His men were the best, but they were falling. They weren't flaming :aiel: after all. In the mess, however, he saw a familiar figure and ran him.

" :thom: !" he called. "Blood and ashes man your still alive!"

"I'm not quite that easy to get rid of lad." he yelled, to be heard over the raucous sounds of war. "Burn me but I'm losing my best knives."

"The line isn't holding :thom: . There's just too many of them; I don't know how long we can last."

"They need something to rally to lad, they need their leader." Thom replied.

A sour look on his face, :mat: gazed upon the battlefield. It was getting worse, and he did know he had to do something.

"Lord :mat: ! Your Majesty!" a voice called from from behind him. Talmanes (lol) was running toward him with a small group of soldiers, one of them carrying the banner of the :bandredhand: .

"Blood and ashes man, I'm no bloody lord! I'm Matrim bloody Cauthon, and that's all I'll ever be." Mat fumed.

"Lord :mat: , now is really not the time, our lines aren't holding."

With that :mat: dashed over, having long since lost his horse, and grabbed the :bandredhand: .

Soldiers behind him, with more gathering, he set forth.

"To me men! To Matrim bloody Cauthon, the flaming Prince of Ravens!"

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I think this will be my favorite story arc I think. And back to Italics too:

The earth trembled. It had never before witnessed such a powerful force. It had never before borne the wrath of :bela: .

:loial: had never before seen such a force, nor even heard stories. He felt though, this event must be documented somehow, feeling like some ancient prophecy would contain such a thing.

'When she moves, the earth trembles,

Her hooves crush her enemies,

When she neighs, her foes fall,

She is saddled in greatness,

Her power resounds through the earth.'

He watched with a :ohmy: look on his face as she trampled :narg: s and :madmyrddraal: alike. Then a new foe entered her presence. The :gholam: showed no fear despite what it had seen.

It :biggrin: ed. "I shall enjoy drinking your blood horse." Then it lunged.

Faster than a :blink: of :thom: 's eye, :bela: was there, then in what seemed like slow motion, she turned, kicking with her hind legs, the :gholam: 's head flying clean off.

Then the :darkone: touched the world.

Ok lol should prolly finish this now. And thanks Red. :) Let's see, where was I.....

Ah yes, 3 arcs to go, then the climax.

:perrin: ran faster, blood boiling in his veins. He was no longer Perrin the blacksmith; he was Perrin Goldeneyes, Perrin the :hopper: . It felt right, running with the :hopper: s. This was what was meant to be, they would fight together in the Last Hunt.

Far behind him the Two Rivers men, and the :whitecloak: s fought the :narg: . He had left Galad and :berelain: in charge.

'They'll probably lead better than me anyway' he thought.

He ran with his hammer, smashing bones as he moved, longing to be on all fours with his brothers, biting hamstring and throat, but he knew he must retain at least this small fraction of humanity of running on two legs.

He grew :mad: as he saw around him :hopper: s being cut down, and fought harder.

Everything stood still for a moment, as suddenly, the earth shook.

Edit: It said there are too many emoticons in my post, so this is part 1. Part 2 will follow directly after in the next post.

:elayne: , :egwene: , :nynaeve: , :birgitte: , and :avi: stood, unseen torrents of weaves flying at :madmyrddraal: s and fists of :narg: s all around. They had with them a large group of Aes Sedai and Accepted, and even Novices, though they were all linked with stronger initiates of the Tower. :egwene: had been clear, all channelers at the Tower would fight in the Last Battle. Most were with her, but she had sent some of her forces, both channelers and soldiers, to :rand: , hoping to keep him alive long enough to fight the :darkone: , lest the world be in serious peril.

:nynaeve: still worried about :lan: was not entirely as focused as she should have been, though while she was having trouble keeping her :cool: , she still was unleashing almost unimaginable destruction against the enemies at hand.

"I still think we should ALL be helping :rand: !" :elayne: said.

"He has his Asha'man," :egwene: retorted, between weaves. "Not to mention the :aiel: . He's probably the safest of us all."

"Will you all stop the chit-chat, we have Dreadlord's to kill." :birgitte: called, while loosing arrows.

She was right as that was the mission :egwene: had set all her channelers to. The way she figured, the Black Ajah and other enemy channelers were the biggest threat, and therefore needed to be hunt down and destroyed.

:avi: spoke next saying "The Car'a'carn will be fine, for a Wetlander, he fights well." She tried to hide her own feelings of :unsure: from her voice, though some still escaped.

It was then that something happened. A :myrddraal: walked up amidst the violence of minions of the :darkone: being cut down. It did not seem ordinary however. It was very distinctly :smile: ing, which Fade's couldn't do. Moreover it seemed untouched by any of the damage.

Slowly, as more :narg: s were cut down, all of the five in the party noticed the Fade. Each felt a bit :unsure: about it, but :nynaeve: , in her current state, after seeing it let loose a raging weave of Fire, erupting upward from where it stood. then turned to continue her onslaught. As the smoke cleared, however, the :myrddraal: still stood, unharmed. Stunned, the girls attacked with all their might, but to no avail. Then each one felt the Source wink out of themselves. They were shielded somehow, by a powerful unseen force? It wasn't Saidar, but didn't even feel like Saidin. It seemed...unnatural.

Then it spoke.

"Foolish children." Shaidar Haran spoke, in a grating voice. "It has begun." It began to :laugh: even as the ground began to tremor.

Edit: Hit the limit again so the final bit needs two posts as well. The second and final part will be in the very next post just like last time.

:rand: looked up from where he stood, Saidin the only thing that had kept him on his feet after the violent shaking of the earth. Blood and burned flesh was all around him. He found himself alone, all of his retainers fighting somewhere else. This he had to do alone. He had come to the heart of it all. To Shayol Ghul. He had shattered all of the :aessedai: (seals) just before the quake, and he knew what it meant. The :darkone: was coming from his prison, once again directly touching the world.

His thoughts went back to his friends, his lovers, and all he was leaving behind. His thoughts seemed to linger longer on :mat: and :perrin: when he reached them in the list. He saw them in his head, fighting, death all around. The colors seemed suddenly overwhelming, then, out of nowhere the two appeared next to him.

:perrin: was releasing a guttural growl that sounded much like a :hopper: , whereas :mat: was yelling something in the Old Tongue :rand: didn't quite catch while he swung his ashandarei.

Both stopped when they realized where they were.

"What...what happened?" :mat: said, seeing Rand and Perrin.

:rand: 's response was cut off by a blasting sound coming directly from Shayol Ghul came over them, and a force that they knew must be the :darkone: began streaming out.

Speechless, the three stood almost dumbfounded at the power before them, when quietly from behind they heard the faint sound of hoof beats.

They turned as one to see none other than :bela: riding toward them. Upon reaching them, she rode further on, a few paces ahead of them.

Then the world shifted.

In a ball of light :bela: transformed, becoming larger in size, but then as the light cleared, a figure stood in her place. :jordan:

Rand felt he should recognize the man, but found him unfamiliar, yet somehow, like an old friend.

"You have all done well." the man spoke. "Now I told you once I would not participate, and this still holds. What I will do, however, is strengthen the three gifts you already possess. :rand: , you have been blessed with pPwer, :perrin: , though others didn't always see it, you have been blessed with Courage, and finally, though most people would have never guessed it, :mat: , you have been blessed with Wisdom. With the three combined, nothing will be a match for you, and I know you will succeed."

Stupefied, :mat: was the first to speak.

"Bela? BELA was the CREATOR?"

Rand stood solemnly. " :bela: ..er :jordan: was right. We have to do this. We have to imprison the :darkone: once and for all.

Then drawing power, more power than even when he held the Choedan Kal, more power than her could believe Rand struck with :flamingsword: (callandor) feeling the sword that is not a sword pulse. He wasn't weaving just Saidin, but somehow knew he was striking with the True Source itself directly, pushing it all at the :darkone: .

The sheer force made him tremble, his old wounds opening, but what hit hardest of all was a deafening shriek of pure :angry: and :ohmy: as the :darkone: was smashed into his prison, never again to leave, as long as the :wheel: turns.

I just finished your great story, Talmanes. SH is creepy, isn´t he? Think if they just put him among the channelers, like in your story, and then suddenly noone can channel. Luckily there is only one of him.

Thanks! I'm not actually sure if he could do something like that or not, but I assume he can use the True Power.

Really nice story Talmanes. I always knew Bela was a special horsie =) I don´t know about the reference but Ima guess... some Star Wars maybe oO

The :wheel: of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long passed, a wind rose from the gentle slopes of hillside. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning. The wind continued over the farms scattered here and there near the River Gaelin, and finally settled over a the huge black Tower in the woodlands near Cairhien.

Logain didn´t mind the heat, his black coat was buttoned all the way up to his neck, with the sword-pin and the gold-and-red dragon pin attached to the collar. An occasional gust of wind toussled his hair but that wasn´t what made him frown. He was looking down on the thirteen woman kneeling at the base of the Tower, surrounded by over thirthy Asha´man. He was no bloody :seanchan: but the :aessedai: needing to be Shielded. Some would rather have them be stilled but Logain didn´t think :rand: would approve of that. Light, he hardly approved of having the :aessedai: shieldid as it was. Grudingly Logain admitted that he also didn´t want them Stilled.

:nynaeve: was looking at him, hands itching to yank that braid of hers. He :smile:ed. He could understand why a man like Lan wanted to marry her. She was fiesty. "It is not right, Logain! They are full Aes Sedai and they have sworn not to harm Rand. There is no need to have them Shielded day and night, watching them like the :darkone: himself."

Logain didn´t raise his objection again. They could all be Black, then swearing meant nothing. This was the only way, whether she liked it or not. "Listen, Nynaeve Sedai, they came in the black of the night, like a pack of :hopper:es, thirteen of them. You know how we feel about that number.It was well enough that :egwene: Sedai was allowed to have thirteen Sisters here, but thirteen from Alviarin. They killed Jarldin and baldly injured Mortsuki and Kendar. If we hadn´t stopped them there would have been an all out blood-bath and the :aessedai: would be on the loosing end. But so would we. We do not want a war with the :aessedai:. Light, we have enough fighting the :seanchan:, :the black:aessedai: and the bloody renegade :aiel:. It will be a small flow of Spirit, and they will be themselves. Just very obedient to the M´hael. Logain turned around and looked back at :nynaeve: . He winked his finger at her. "Are you coming, :aessedai:?" :nynaeve: yanked her braid in frustration as she followed Logain.

When they came down to the base of the Tower Methim, a young man just recently raised to the rank of Asha´man saluted him with fist to breast. "M´hael, we are ready to proceed, only one more to go." Logain sighed. It was the only thing to do. Letting them go would comprise the whole operation he and :rand: had planned out, and even :rand: had admitted that. Just letting them walk about the Black Tower didn´t work either. Nynaeve didn´t say anything, she just yanked her braid harder. Logain was suprised she didn´t pull it out by the roots. Maybe he should braid his hair too, in the Arafel fashion. The thought made him laugh. He felt a punch to the side of his ribs and he grunted. He turned to face :nynaeve: but she was looking very calmly at him, her brown eyes big and innocent. A feisty women indeed.

The last of the Red :aessedai: was staring at nothing, lips pressed hard together, trying to ignore the men all around her. Logain was impressed, he didn´t think he would have that level of composure around thirty Red Sisters. On the other hand, by then he would probably have been Stilled and executed. The thought made him clench his fists in anger. He still remebered vividly how Alviarin´s :aessedai: had treated him the last time they caught him.

"Grab the rod, :aessedai:! Methim barked." :nynaeve: had objected loudly at the suggestion of physical force, but Logain doubted that this was what she had had in mind instead. :egwene: and :rand: would understand though. It was too big of a chance to let them wander and he would rather do this to a handful of :aessedai: then start a bloody war that could threating his and :rand:s plan. The :wheel: willing would see it to be the right decision.

The Red Sister grabbed the rod reluctantly. One of the Asha´man shielding her touched the rod with a trickle of saidin. "Look at the M´hael Jolinda, and swear to him!" Jolinda wet her dry lips, her eyes dark with hatred and fear.

"By the Light and my hope of salvation and rebirth, I swear to obey and serve the M´hael. I swear to obey and serve the Dragon Reborn in whatever way he sees fit. I swear to never betray the M´hael or the Dragon Reborn, not with words and not with deeds. This I swear." The Asha´man stopped channeling and as soon as the flow of Spirit was gone, Jolinda dropped the rod and emptied her stomach. The Asha´man saluted Logain. "It is done, M´hael."

Logain raked his finger through his hair. "It is done, Bednar." Hopefully it would be enough. The world was aflame, wars raged everywhere and he and :rand: had a plan to execute. It would be enough.

There, my little story to the competition.

Great stories so far guys! This is gonna be a hard decision come the end of the month!

Still no entries for the 'original' emoticon..thats still anyone's game! Half a month left, I know we can get more than this!!

Archived