DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[SG Faire: Artists Crafters Writers Guild] WoT Emoticon Story Competition

Kathleen

Wheel of Time Emoticon Story Competion

brought to you by the Artists Crafters and Writers Guild SG

We all love the Wheel of Time, and I'm sure we've all had our own thoughts of how things would have happened if we had written it. What could have happened to the characters before, after or during the series that we just didn't get see. Well, it's your turn to try your hand at just that!

Using the WoT emoticons provided by DM, or using ones you've made, it is your turn to write the story. Post your entries here and the Artists Lead, Crafters Lead, Writers Lead and the Group Leader will judge all submissions and a winner will be announced at the end of the faire in each of the following categories:

1) Funniest Story

2) Most Creative Story

3) Most Emoticons Used

4) Best Use of an Original Emoticon" (To learn how to make your own emoticons check out this thread!)

5) Best Use of Given DM Emoticons"

Just so every one knows it doesn't have to be all emoticons, you can use words and use emoticons in place of the names. Example:

One day :nynaeve: was on her way to the market to pick up some herbs because :elayne: was sick and being a baby. On the way :nynaeve: saw :graendal:, she managed to avoid her by hiding behind a melon and ran to :bela: to ride back home with out the herbs. With out the herbs :elayne: was such a pain that :min: couldn't put up with her and plotted a way to make :rand: see just what a whiny brat she was and convinced him to leave her.

This story would have been about Faile, but I couldn't find a Faile emoticon and as its just an example I didn't go to the trouble of fighting with my inferior paint shop program to make one. double points for anyone who does make a Faile emoticon.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good...Loved the cliffhangers as we waited on the next posts :tongue:

Just so every one knows it doesn't have to be all emoticons, you can use words and use emoticons in place of the names. Example:

One day :nynaeve: was on her way to the market to pick up some herbs because :elayne: was sick and being a baby. On the way :nynaeve: saw :graendal:, she managed to avoid her by hiding behind a melon and ran to :bela: to ride back home with out the herbs. With out the herbs :elayne: was such a pain that :min: couldn't put up with her and plotted a way to make :rand: see just what a whiny brat she was and convinced him to leave her.

This story would have been about Faile, but I couldn't find a Faile emoticon and as its just an example I didn't go to the trouble of fighting with my inferior paint shop program to make one. double points for anyone who does make a Faile emoticon.

One day, :graendal: was minding her own business, seeking out new and interesting nobles to torture and leave for :narg: and :myrddraal: when out of no where, :rand: appeared, throwing balefire around. QUickly, :graendal: disguised herself as the most disgusting thing she could think of, :elayne:. As :elayne:, :graendal::wub: with :thom: causing :rand: to be :angry:. :rand::flamingsword::thom:+:elayne:, not knowing he was actually :flamingsword::graendal:+ :sammy: .

To be continued.

Wow...this is gonna be a good story! I'm not sure how much can fit. I would suggest copying your story elsewhere, like into a word program, then copying it into the reply space. When it cuts off you can continue in a new post.

So here are my emoticons story. (Try to ignore the bad grammar.)

Part one.

:avi: took a deep breath as she slowly walked out from Rhuidean. Had she just seen the future? She had to go straight to the Wise Once, well the other Wise Onces – she was one herself now, and tell them about this. Or should she go directly to :rand: ? She was still in chock and her thoughts were clouded by emotions. She felt :mad::unsure::angry::sad::wacko::ohmy::huh: … She stopped. A Wise One should be able to control herself. A Wise One should stay :cool: . She seized saidar and put all her emotions in a weave and threw it into a stone. She should have noticed that it was the portal stone…

Everything went blurry and suddenly she found herself lying on the ground. The ground was covered in grass – no sand, no rocks. She stood up, smothered her skirt and looked around. In front of her was a large building with a sign saying “ :aessedai: Day Care Center”. Around the house there were children everywhere. Near her two kids sat on the ground playing with cones. They didn´t seem to notice her.

- This is a wolf. I think I will name it :hopper: , the boy said.

- Why do you always have to choose wolfs :perrin: , the little girl wondered.

- I don´t know. I just like them. And who are you to say that Tuon? You always want to pretend that you are a hawk.

- Hm, I like hawks. They have nice feathers. I wish I could fly, Tuon added.

She took her cone and tossed it up in the air.

- Look, it flies!

The boy, :perrin: , :rolleyes: .

Part 2

- Are you going to be a wolf on the masquerade next week?

- Yes. Bera :aessedai: has make me a great costume. What about you?

- First I thought about dressing up as a queen but :elayne: and :berelain: will be queens so I don´t know. I´m thinking about being an insect. Wouldn´t it be :cool: to go around with a great insect head?

:avi: shook her head. Had she gone :wacko: ? Another little girl came galloping on a hobbyhorse.

- Gallop, gallop :bela: , she shouted.

Tuon shouted back to her.

- :egwene: , what will you be on the masquerade?

:egwene: stopped for a while, looked at Tuon and sighed.

- I´m going to be a :aessedai: of course. She :tongue: Tuon and galloped away.

:avi: rubbed her eyes. That girl looked exactly as she figured her friend :egwene: would have looked like when she was a child. This was just madness! Out of a building a stout woman appeared. :avi: recognized her – it was Cadsuane! Cadsuane looked at :perrin: and Tuon.

- Have you seen Demandred?

Part 3 (there will be many...)

Both :perrin: and Tuon shook their heads. Cadsuane put her hands on her hip and stared at the playing children. Then she noticed :avi: .

- Oh, there you are, Wise One. Amy told me she should send a replacement. This may be your first day at work but that is no excuse for being late.

:avi: couldn´t believe her ears.

- No, wait, she stuttered. Cadsuane :aessedai: can you tell me where I am? Something has gone terrible wrong.

- Should that be an :aiel: joke? I never understood your sense of humor. I have no time for jokes. I have a missing child that I have to find. Go inside and tell the children that it´s time for lunch.

Before :avi: could say more Cadsuane walked away.

- Demandred, where are you? No time for hide and seek!

Part 4

:avi: took a few reluctant steps towards the door. On the other side she saw two small girls playing with bows. Although she could only see them from behind there were something that looked familiar with one of them. An :aiel: judging by her clothes. :avi: felt a chill. Something was very wrong and looking at that girl made her shiver of fear. Quickly she walked into the house. Something told her she should be far away from that child. Actually she should be far away from all of this. Maybe someone in this “day care center” could help her.

She entered a big room. Children were playing on the floor and she saw some kids playing a game at a table. Three girls in a corner caught her eyes. They dressed baby dolls in cute wetlander dresses. One of the girls looked exactly like her first sister, although much younger. She went closer to hear what they were saying.

- I´m going to have beautiful clothes like these when I grow up, the little :elayne: said.

- Well, I´m going to have a wardrobe full of beautiful dresses, one of the other girls said.

- You might have that :berelain: but I will have a big house with lots of beautiful things, the third girl said.

- :graendal: , you may have that but I will not settle with a house. I will have a castle of my own and be a princess, :elayne: continued.

- Bah, little :berelain: said, still dressing her doll. I will be be a queen and have an own country to rule.

The girls started to look :angry: at each other.

Part 5

- I´m going to have a lot of servants and they will all serve me and adore me and I will have greater power than any of you, :graendal: shouted.

That was the start of a fight. :elayne: pinched :graendal: and :graendal: grabbed :berelain: hair. :berelain: threw herself on both of them and started to scream. Suddenly they all got hit by small stones which came flying out of nowhere. The girls stopped fighting and looked up just to see a boy hiding a slingshot behind his back.

- :mat: , the girls screamed. They all got up on their feet and started to chase :mat: . He almost ran into her on his way to the door. The girls followed.

Part 6

:avi: sighed again. Madness! Had the trip to Rhuidean been to much for her? Was she a soft wetlander after all? She noticed a little boy in another corner. He was making a big building out of lego. :elayne: must have gotten tired of chasing :mat: because she came back and looked at the boy.

- Nice :sammy: , she said.

The boy :blush: with pride.

- I have done this all day. It´s the biggest lego building that anyone has done!

:elayne: looked at it again.

- No. Maybe the the second biggest, she said. :rand: did a bigger one last week.

:avi: could see how :sammy: eyes got dark. He glared at :elayne: and then gave a :mad: look at one of the boys at the table.

- Always al´Thor, he muttered and then he ran out. :avi: could hear him cry.

:elayne: ran after him.

- :sammy: , wait. I can help you build a bigger one…

:avi: looked at the kids at the table. Could it be..? She didn´t dare to think that thought. Two boys sat playing a game. The first one was red-haired and the other boy was all dressed in black. In the middle of them sat a girl watching the game. She was the most beautiful little girl :avi: had ever seen. The boy in black rolled a dice and then he :biggrin: .

- I have won again Lews Therin!

The red-haired boy, it must be :rand::avi: thought, didn´t seamed to care about loosing the game but instead he looked curious and maybe a bit irritated at the other boy.

- Why do you always call me that? My name is Rand al´Thor, Moridin!

Moridin just :biggrin: , like he knew a secret.

Part seven - the last one!

Then finally :avi: heard a voice of an adult. She turned around and found an :aessedai: sitting in a sofa, reading for two small children. No, one of them was certainly not a small one. It was an ogier and although you could see that he was a child he was taller then the :aessedai: . :avi: recognized the woman – it was Verin. Finally someone that can help me, :avi: thought. She walked over to the sofa.

- So, you are saying that Jesus forgave Judas although he betrayed him, the ogier said.

- Yes, :loial: , Verin answered. Isn´t it a good story? I :wub: the essence of it – whatever you do, you can always be forgiven.

The girl on Verins other side looked at the book.

- Verin :aessedai: , I want to learn how to read.

- Of course :min: . We can start practicing after lunch if you want to.

:avi: approached Verin.

- Verin :aessedai: can I talk to you?

The older woman looked at her slightly :huh: .

- Do I know you? Ah, you must be the new one. How are you dear? Do you need my help?

- Maybe we can go outside to talk, :avi: said and looked at the loudly playing children.

Verin stood up.

- Isn´t it lovely with kids. They are not afraid of showing emotions.

Emotions! Something clicked. She had been full of emotions and to :cool: down she had weaved them into a stone. It must have been the portal stone!

- Actually, I don´t need your help anymore, :avi: answered.

She turned around an ran through the door. In the corner of her eye she saw the little :aiel: girl approaching. She hurried to the place where she had found herself on the ground. She was terrified. She wasn´t supposed to look at that girl, she just knew it somehow. She found the stone. Now she just had to remember the right weave. She seized saidar. She heard footsteps behind her. Her fear grew deeper. She quickly made up a weave and threw it into the stone. The last thing she saw was herself reaching for her. The last thing she heard was a voice screaming:

- Demandred, where are you?

The end

Yes I did follow your story, but its good with words too!

Still no original emoticons posted. That looks like one lonely category!

I would have wanted a Tuon, a Verin, a Moridin (not Balzamon) and a Demandred for my story. :tongue:

Yes I did follow your story, but its good with words too!

Still no original emoticons posted. That looks like one lonely category!

I would have wanted a Tuon, a Verin, a Moridin (not Balzamon) and a Demandred for my story. :tongue:

You can try your hand at making a Tuon, Verin, Moridin and Demandred emotions. There is a link in the first post to a thread on how to make your own. Check it out!

Archived