DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taim and Others

skalors3

As you are doing, with a secondhand (in the books) statement that doesn't, in fact, in any way hamper Graendal's ability to have done it.

Interesting, isn't it. Bob does the very thing he yaps at the rest of us for doing. Only, he takes it to a completely new level.

I think he and CrazyMike should have a chat, I think they view the books along the same lines.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't assume anything. You guys are the ones constructing fanciful scenarios about how she spent her time, not me.

I have no idea how Jordan envisioned that she spent every minute of that day. And, neither do you. Nor does anyone but him.

All I know is that he very specifically and very deliberately gave her an alibi. That ends her possible involvement for me.

Now, a slight lesson in reality:

The way things actually work, in this real world of ours, is that he who propounds a theory has to PROVE that theory. That's prove - as in find evidence supporting - not just make up fanciful tales about what might have happened "if only..."

As I've already said, more than once, find some evidence in the books that she was there and she becomes the prime suspect. Until then, her involvement is nothing more than a pipedream.

I don't assume anything. You guys are the ones constructing fanciful scenarios about how she spent her time' date=' not me.

I have no idea how Jordan envisioned that she spent every minute of that day.[/quote']

The first half dozen chapters of LoC should give you an idea of how she or anyone that can travel can spend a day. Rand in Caemlyn, future Black Tower site, Carhien, somewhere in Tear, back to Caemlyn, to Mat's bedroom late at night... Anywhere in the world is a footstep away for most of the murder suspects, how can you fail to understand that?

Given Bob's reasoning, everyone has a rock solid alibi, since all six people named in the palace were named in the course of doing something other than killing Asmodean, and obviously no one not specifically named could have done it.

:roll:

oh, and Bob?

He has said repeatedly that he is flummoxed by how many people have failed to figure it out.

Yeah, so am I. Look at how many people still say it's someone other than Graendal. :P

was away for a few days there but it seems others have taken up the fight for me...thanks!bob your resoning in this case is so flawed on so many different levels.you use logic which would imply that asmo got killed by his reflection,because,by your logic,everyone has an aliby.but could you at least admit you are wrong when you are?the rest of us do it,its not that hard.

and in respects to your last post directed towards me you should read my previous post,repeatedly as you can't seem to get posts the first time round.

jordan has indeed stated that he his flummoxed by the amount of wrong assumptions in the asmo case,we now know why as we listen to your reaoning,and,correct me if i'm wrong,but hasn't jordan stated somewhere that a 3rd of the guesses with asmo are correct?assuming that dragonmount member are more informed than average readers,this would go well with our poll.but then obviously there are not so well informed dragonmounters here.

and yes,its greandal :D

No.

What Jordan has said, is that - as of the time he last read them - about 1/3 of the things contained in the various FAQ's on the web were correct.

He has recently stated that if he were to reread those FAQ's now, he suspects the percentage might be a little higher.

What he has also said is that only one person whom he has heard from had figured out who the killer is.

Guest cwestervelt
No.

What Jordan has said' date=' is that - as of the time he last read them - about 1/3 of the things contained in the various FAQ's on the web were correct.

He has recently stated that if he were to reread those FAQ's now, he suspects the percentage might be a little higher.

What he has also said is that only one person whom he has heard from had figured out who the killer is.[/quote']

He also said that 1/2 of the remaining 2/3 (1/3 of the total FAQ) wasn't even close to right. I wouldn't be very optimistic about the information having gotten any better or more reliable as they don't appear to update much of it. A month or two back I came across stuff on there that was proved wrong 2 books (3 years) ago and was still presented as conculsive fact.

Well, Jordan is operating under the assumption that all of the people who used to love the books still do.

I imagine he'd be shocked by how many websites have just disappeared and how many others have changed hands because the originators couldn't put up with the foot-dragging any more and how many just haven't been updated or changed in any way... still there only because their originators don't even care enough anymore to take them down.

I agree with you. Chances are that not much more is accurate in those FAQ's now then was when he originally made that statement.

Just to reemphasize -

1/3 of all the information on the web about WOT is correct.

1/3 is flatly incorrect.

The remaining 1/3 falls into the "close but no cigar" or the wrong but not completely idiotic categories.

And, 1, as in only ONE, as in less than Dos but more than Nada, person, that Jordan is aware of, has figured out who killed Asmodean.

That too, may be a hint to the legions of Graendal and Moiraine supporters out there.

Which is why i contradicted you, because Jordan did not say that. He said that only one person has asked him in person. Indeed the wording of that post also implied to me that he was speaking of one specific Q & A session aswell, but i couldn't say for sure which is why i didn't.

For those who weren't around at the beginning of the discussion... here's a repost of one of the cleverest theories - it comes from Marak:

I can't believe people STILL don't understand this one.

The identity of the murderer was INCREDIBLY obvious.

One word. Bela.

Marak buddy your back. But it wasnt Belal, im afraid it was Lews Therin. ( that is Admiral making the colored reply )

No, no. You misunderstood me. Belal was dead at this point in time. Balefired, in fact. It was Bela. Remember Egwene's horse? The one she rode from both the Two Rivers and through the World of Dreams? All the evidence points to her!

And it definitely wouldn't have been Lews Therin. Firstly, I doubt Asmodean would've known that it was Lews Therin, if he was inhabiting Rand's body. He would've been placating, saying something along the lines of "My Lord Dragon?", not "YOU!".

However, just hear me out here. Bela is a recurring character. She's the ONLY horse that we see on a regular basis. Furthermore, it is quite likely that she's both a ninja and a pirate.

I mean, seriously. Who do you think that voice was in EoTW? Bela. Who killed Asmodean? Bela. Who married three women? Bel-.. I mean, Rand. But that's not at all relevant to my theory!

You see, Asmodean was actually a robot. A robot made of... shinymetalalloytanium. Bela, however, afraid that Asmodean could replicate himself into a horse robot and thus take her place, decided to finish him off before he fused with Optimus Prime to become Mecha-Asmodean (Or Ultra-Asmodean. Both sound good).

I mean, RJ said it was obvious, and someone we'd met before. Graendal couldn't take down a robot. Sammael is far too short. Moridin wasn't around then.

However, Bela used the Master Ball to catch Pikachu, and fused with the Pikachu to gain the powers to defeat robots!

Now, are we all clear on this? It's really quite simple. :D

So, you see... we're all wrong. It's Bela the Ninja/Pirate. :lol:

Well, that still doesn't cover what's posted on the boards, since none of this is "contacting" Jordan. So even if you're right, it doesn't have any bearing on the theories posted here. I'd like to see a sourced quote for that one anyway ...

As for the "approximately one third correct on the Web" stuff ... in the Asmodean poll, 39% is the current vote for Graendal. That's just a little over 1/3.

I want to correct here, because Bob is wrong. A few years back someone had written RJ with the whole complete solution, so while he was wondering whether he should add more clues in the books, he then saw that the thing could be figured out and that he didn't need to. He didn't tell the person he'd done it I understand, which would have been unnecessary anyway. I remember RJ mentions it in his official interview after CoT on the ToR pages, and other places. However, if you look at his early blog entries, last autumn he saw the solution on the net, so that made two.

You may all go home now.

Back to your loved ones.

Back to the families you have neglected in arguing this time-sucking argument.

You are free, those that need to fill the void of your lives consumed with.. Who dun it?

It wasn't Moiraine.

It wasn't Graendel or Sammael or Demandred or Moridin or Rand possessed or even Bela.

It's Isam.

Let it go.

It was Slayer who did it.

Let this die.

Go back to the lives you once had, abandon this ungodly long thread, and carry on with what you did before tFoH.

-wolfs[/b]

I believe around the end of LoC before aCoS. Now was it Moridin that freed him? Did the DO have a stasis box lying around Shayol Ghul? Was it another Forsaken perhaps? Demandred would be the obvious choice, though Sammael would work as the Gholam has gone rogue hunting Mat down.

Strangely I don't think any of the girl Forsaken have had a hand in it, none of their PoV's have surrendered any knowledge about controlling the gholam.. What say y'all?

-wolfs

Archived