DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne

Lyenna

His patience with fools is wearing a bit thin. It's conceivable that he may Zot some idiot on the spot.

That's not insanity either. That's just somebody trying to do an impossible job with too little time and too few resources.

It doesn't help that everybody around him rode in on the short bus.

The kid's in a totally unique, totally impossible situation. There is no "standard of behaviour" for that. You cannot apply any of the ordinary metrics to how he reacts. He is not going off on the 7:37 train to the office to push papers and massage egos all day like "normal" people..

Let's move back to Rand and Elayne for a minite. Cadsuane told him he has to have two girls to link with him to use Callander(sorry spelling is not my thing)safely. Aviendha and Elayne come to mind, but wishing to protect them Rand uses who? Alivia,Cadsuane, Nynaeve? So who sides him at TG?

I'm not sure why Rand would use Callandor at Tarmon Gai'don, since he still has access to the male Choedan Kal, which is much, much more powerful. If he did though, Alivia and Mynaeve are probably at the top of the list of candidates to link with him. Callandor is not as dangerous now with saidin cleansed, but it still is dangerous.

It would also require a sudden slow down in the pace of the stories. The first 3 books covered over a year. In the next 8 there has only been about another 1 year of time passed. The last few books have been taking place in only a month at most each. There would need to be a half year or so span of time encompassed by the final book for the twins to be born first.

The viewing is definitely having an impact on the stories though. Look at Elayne's actions in Knife of Dreams. She is being utterly careless in her actions and getting a lot of people killed as a result of Min's viewing.

Thats what really ticked me off in the last book about Elayne. Just because she won't die, doesn't mean anyone around can't.

On the side discussion of Rand's sanity I don't think Lews Therin can be deemed a normal hearing voices because LTT taught him to unravel weaves in LOC, he would be dead inKoD if not for Lews Therin cuz Lews seized saidin and used new weaves that killed faster. He also wouldn't have recognized Semirague with Lews and he will probably recognize original forsaken so I think hearing voices in the insane sense doesn't apply to rand.

In regards to the topic none of the heram can die until the series is over at least cuz doesn't min have the only viewing with her in it when she sees Rand and it contains the two others. I think RJ might be playing up the pregnancy thing because she is queen and it shows that she is not always rational based on that.

Archived