DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

iPod shuffle

Please only vote if you are able to successfully post.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What OS are you posting youtube links with?

• Apple OS
    • XP
    • Vista
    • Linux
    • Other
  2. 2. What browser are you using when you post a youtube video?

• Chrome
    • Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Opera
    • Other

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My iPod's contents are so eclectic it even scares ME sometimes. Just now I started with Try (live @ Fillmore 2007) by John Mayer's Trio, then it went to Good As She Could Be by John Hiatt then Family Affair by Sly & The Family Stone....

I have stuff from ACDC to La Musica Notturna della Strade di Madrid by Luigi Boccherini and other classical stuff, including songs sung by our own legendary Basso Profundo Chad (Quibby) Quibideaux.

But then I've been hearing and collecting songs for no less then 55 years.. so I have a bit of a leg up on most o'ya's.. :thom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZVN5Y6dtOk&feature=related

Lets try this and see if it works.

[media][/media]

Ok it didn't. I followed the above video, copied the embeded code and tried to post it here. We know it is able to work so it isn't on youtube's end. So why is it that I can't post the identical video someone else can??

Lets try this and see if it works.

[media][/media]

Ok it didn't. I followed the above video, copied the embeded code and tried to post it here. We know it is able to work so it isn't on youtube's end. So why is it that I can't post the identical video someone else can??

idk... I just click the insert media thingy.. then copy and paste the videos URL... and I have no problems

I have a really varied taste in music, too. First song that came up today was Mr. Brightside by the Killers. Obviously that song was really popular when it first came out, and I liked it a lot, but I actually only recently put it on my iPod as a song to run to.

Paetric .. I'm not sure. I started to do a "hey bucko! it worked for me" thing .. but obviously didn't. I just used a youtube url copied from the address bar there, then inserted it into the pop-down dialog that the "insert media" button gives me here. I have never tried manually typing the coding on these boards. Not sure why .. instinct? :happy:

BUT ... this from my young friend Alex Nester I just entered manually :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_8KTZ80txo&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've basically been listening to nothing but the Born This Way album since it came out, right at this moment I'm on Government Hooker, which is mostly just a good beat type song.

Yeah, the "Okay" was an accident on my part, I was trying to figure out how to get youtube videos to work and posting a song stuck in my head at the same time.

Here's what I did

Step 1: Open a tab for Youtube,

Step 2: Search for the proper video for the song I want

Step 3: Open the link for that video in its own tab,

Step 4: Copy the URL in the bar at the top of my browser instead of the "share" link under the video.

Step 5: Reopen Dragonmount and use the [/media] tags.

Like this, the other song stuck in my head:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGjK6hKahU8

Yeah, the "Okay" was an accident on my part, I was trying to figure out how to get youtube videos to work and posting a song stuck in my head at the same time.

Here's what I did

Step 1: Open a tab for Youtube,

Step 2: Search for the proper video for the song I want

Step 3: Open the link for that video in its own tab,

Step 4: Copy the URL in the bar at the top of my browser instead of the "share" link under the video.

Step 5: Reopen Dragonmount and use the [/media] tags.

Like this, the other song stuck in my head:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGjK6hKahU8

Mooooooon!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!!!!!!!! I'm at your service. biggrin.gif

Archived