DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

JordanCon

bscuga

The bolded outcome there seems to suggest the answer imo.

A VERY good point. So, did he choose the road not leading to marriage (despite their engagement), or does Brandon's answer simply refer to the act of choosing? It does seem more likely that the latter is the case. Thanks, Finnssss.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm waiting on the audio, but here's the preliminary report. Enjoy.

That's some fine reporting there, Terez. Brandon seemed pretty direct answering some questions that I wouldn't have expected him to be.

He won't do that all the time, but he did the same for Matt. He seems to respect the most hardcore of the HCFFs enough to give us that chance every now and then. He did RAFO a couple of questions just because.

BS also seems to imply that there is in fact only one male and one female Forsaken Dreamer....que more Lanfear vs Moggy arguments heh. (Unless the actual audio is less specific that is)

The audio says exactly that. Trust me, I made the distinction in my mind as soon as he said it. The only thing more specific on the audio from what I remember is that he seemed to be more sure of the male than the female. Which would seem to suggest that he's not exactly sure which female it is, wouldn't it?

Wait, Egwene's Dream of Gawyn choosing between two fates has been fulfilled? What does that mean? That the choice has been made, or that he's far enough along the chosen road to have died if that were the one he's chosen?

Specifically, he said that if Gawyn had not returned, then Egwene would have died. But I didn't press him on the fact that it was Gawyn's death that was foretold in the dream rather than Egwene's. There was another similar point I didn't press him on, in the question concerning the Choedan Kal (actually, I tried to, but he talked over me so I gave up) but I think I will gloss over that when I transcribe it. :)

A VERY good point. So, did he choose the road not leading to marriage (despite their engagement), or does Brandon's answer simply refer to the act of choosing? It does seem more likely that the latter is the case. Thanks, Finnssss.

Thanks Terez, great report. I hope you enjoyed the ride!

I always thought Gawyn chose the violent death, seeing as he pocketed the Bloodknives ter'angreal. I really hope he doesnt die to save Egwene though. He has done enough for her already, give the guy a break. Let her do something for him.

Also, very interesting part about the TP and Shayol Ghul.

In regards to the Rand/TP channeling thread, I think this supports what Terez and I (and others, most likely) think. That Rand got access to the TP through Moridin, because you need to go to Shayol Ghul to gain access to it normally.

Oh, yes, thanks Theresa!

Specifically, he said that if Gawyn had not returned, then Egwene would have died. But I didn't press him on the fact that it was Gawyn's death that was foretold in the dream rather than Egwene's.

Maybe he meant the Dream about her head on the chopping block? But no, he said forked road.

In regards to the Rand/TP channeling thread, I think this supports what Terez and I (and others, most likely) think. That Rand got access to the TP through Moridin, because you need to go to Shayol Ghul to gain access to it normally.

I thought it was about Taim's black aura, and the question of who he really is. Not that it would be impossible for him to disappear long enough to go to SG, but we've never heard of his leaving.

I was definitely getting at the Moridin link and Rand's access, and I'm pretty sure Brandon knew that. There is no reason to believe that Taim didn't go to Shayol Ghul, but we know Rand didn't.

I'm waiting on the audio, but here's the preliminary report. Enjoy.

very interesting. Thanks a lot for posting.

I think I want to apply to be BS's chauffeur for a month or so. :biggrin:

Some unexpected answers there, for sure.

The explanation about Graendal not seeing anything when Aran'gar wove compulsion on Ramshalan is definitely not what I was expecting to see although it does make sense in hindsight. But BS should definitely change the wording there IMO. As it currently stands it certainly creates an impression that she saw something.

and I was wrong about the Dreamers thing, he did mean prophectic dreams as you were saying. well, I guess it's down to Lanfear and/or Moggy. He did make it more confusing about how many female Dreamers among Forsaken there are. Definitely want to see the exact transcript on that one.

Same for TP channeling. It does look like a confirmation that Rand did it via his Moridin link but the exact quote would be nice.

I'm surprised he RAFO'd the Alviarin and Carlinya question. It's hardly important and the event is over now so I don't see why he'd keep a mystery there.

And I'm certainly surprised at his response to my question about Taim shaving his beard (I sent that question to you via twitter). not what I expected to hear at all. Does not bode well for my theory on the subject... would like to see the exact transcript on this too.

I also find very surprising his RAFO at the question about Shayol Ghul being reachable in TAR. I would have thought that the answer should be "no" because it's in the Blight. The fact that it was RAFOd would seem to suggest that the answer is likely "yes".

Clears up why the BT DS does not affect Caemlyn argument :biggrin:

yep, we suspected as much but it's good to have a confirmation.

Going by the actual dream...

She stands at fork in road. Gawyn rides up not seeing her. One road leads to violent death, the other, long life. Down one road they marry, the other, not. Gawyn smiles and chooses

Hmmm...or wait...does the marrying go with the violent death. Good question.

I always thought this dream quite useless. The way it's worded it's not clear which fork leads to which outcome (that is if the marriage and violent death are on the same fork or not) so no info is really conveyed here whatever the outcome.

The Sahra Covenry "guess" would be on The Shadow Rising, Chapter 17 page, not her actual page, nor the farm. See footnote 8.

And wouldn't it be a nice turn to see that the real Mazrim Taim is gentled and with the Borderlanders Aes Sedai as well.

I actually thought about it, but I don't know if a roughly 45-minute car drive would make for a good opportunity for that. Also, it would feel kind of selfish since the HCFFs who I represent would for the most part rather I take advantage of the opportunity to ask him plot questions. By the way, he didn't really need a ride to the airport - he just wanted to offer the opportunity to someone to grill him. (He said as much when he first asked.) I skipped Linda's Black Tower panel to clean my car and after the last theory panel I spent a few hours collecting questions from the web (though about half of them were my questions).

I actually thought about it, but I don't know if a roughly 45-minute car drive would make for a good opportunity for that.

It depends on how deep the conversation gets. You can talk about LDS beliefs for quite a while if time is no issue. 45 minutes doesn't really allow for deep LDS religion discussion, especially when driving.

Does he still hang out there?

Actually, you bring up a good point; for some reason it really bothers me that the only way to have good, somewhat "structured" discussions with Brandon is via Twitter. It's like the worst place to have an ongoing discussion IMO. Is there an easy way to view "conversations" between people using Twitter? I can't figure out how to easily see your's, Lucker's, and Brandon's tweets in a nice conversation. It's all jumbled.

Does he still hang out there?

No. But I figure if it would happen, there would be the most likely place.

Actually, you bring up a good point; for some reason it really bothers me that the only way to have good, somewhat "structured" discussions with Brandon is via Twitter. It's like the worst place to have an ongoing discussion IMO. Is there an easy way to view "conversations" between people using Twitter? I can't figure out how to easily see your's, Lucker's, and Brandon's tweets in a nice conversation. It's all jumbled.

I think it bothers Brandon too, to a point. He does dip into Tweetdeck sometimes, which is helpful for un-jumbling conversations as it cuts down on the number of tweets.

I get to drive Brandon and Peter to the airport tonight, which will take about an hour (maybe a little less). So I get to interview him on the way. Yay!

bring a tape recorder! do you take interview questions suggestions? I only have about a thousand.

I'm charging the recorder now - I had to check out of my room, though, so this is extremely annoying because I have to sit in the lobby and watch over it while it's charging. But sure, I'll take suggestions. Shoot.

I was mostly kidding, actually, I'm sure you have a whole bunch of questions yourself. But anyway, a few questions that he might not blow off.

1. please ask him to clarify his statements about Forsaken Dreamers. I highly suspect that he was mixing up dreamers and dreamwalkers. since he said so much on the issue already he should be willing to say more.

I don't think he was mixing them up, since the context of the original conversation made it clear we were talking about people who have prophetic dreams. However, I am planning on talking about this subject already.

2. ask him how long Verin could possibly stay alive after leaving Mat. Could it be a few days, more than 10 days? I've been trying to make a timeline for tGS and ToM and I can't because of all the contradictions in Verin and Mat timelines. I talked to Steven Cooper about them and he said that he gave up for the same reason. Also, some guy on twitter told me that BS mentioned somewhere that there is at least one incorrect time marker in tGS. I don't see any mention of this in the interview database. If he could say what that is that would be great.

3. Could Shaidar Haran teach Elza any weaves himself? This is related to "Sorilea is a darkfriend" theory (which you don't need to mention of course). If he can say if Rand has seen Sorilea after VoG that would help too. There is one report in the database that BS said that he did see her but a definite confirmation would be nice.

4. Could LT have possibly properly sealed the bore in AoL (possibly with the help of women) without tainting either sadin or saidar?

5. Has LT's ability to recognize souls been manifested in books prior to tGS?

6. What exactly did Graendal see when Aran'gar wove compulsion on Ramshalan (Aran'gar channels saidin)?

7. Can poison from bloodknives ter'angreal rings be Healed?

8. Did Alviarin kill Carlinya? This one is pretty inconsequential but I'd still like an answer. There should be no need for any further secrecy on the issue so he ought be willing to give a straight answer.

Good questions. On #3, we don't even know for sure that seeing Sorilea would be enough for him to determine if she is a Darkfriend. It appears as though he would have to put her on the spot to be sure. I think he would definitely RAFO #7.

A question for question #6. What did Nyn see when see looked at Ramshalan? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong? I thought Rand asked her to look for Compulsion and she said yes.

She would see at least the compulsion that Delana wove. Whether or not she would see any traces of what Aran'gar wove I'm not completely sure. Based on BS's answer it would seem that she should not have seen anything of what Aran'gar did. But then Nynaeve has a special talent in the area (which Graendal might lack) as she definitely saw the madness on the mind of various Ashaman and that was not created with saidar either.

Graendal seemed to think it unlikely (though possible) that Nynaeve could have the Talent for reading Compulsion, so I'm guessing it's a rare Talent, and might possibly extend to reading male weaves...but I don't think Nynaeve explored the Talent quite that far when she examined Ramshalan.

Graendal seemed to think it unlikely (though possible) that Nynaeve could have the Talent for reading Compulsion, so I'm guessing it's a rare Talent, and might possibly extend to reading male weaves...but I don't think Nynaeve explored the Talent quite that far when she examined Ramshalan.

This seems a reasonable conclusion. She seems to be slowly expanding her talent for Delving, if we can even call it that (delving has been listed previously as a Talent in finding minerals/ores in the ground ie: Egwene), since LoC.

Or maybe it might be more accurate to say she has been expanding what she can delve. Her delving of the mind is relatively new still at Natrin's Barrow. Taking it to the next level, as it were, with Naeff, in Tear after cleaning up the bubble of evil wreckage.

It's also pretty safe to assume that while Nyn might not be able to "see" the weaves of Sadin, there would prolly be the sense of something unseen or in the way like we have seen people notice previously with the Bowl of the Winds and Callandor for example.

Judging from another description of saidin-saidar weaves as in the weather-weaves of the Bowl of the Winds, Nyn wouldn't see the saidin but she would see the saidar weaves were looking peculiarly placed because invisible saidin would also be in the same general area and hence, perhaps, her remark that the compulsion looked different compared to the chap who died in Bandar Eban (can't recall exactly what she said).

If Graendal was still "looking inside" Ramshalam's head when Aran'gar did the saidin compulsion, she may also have sensed something invisible pushing in there.

Archived