DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

JordanCon

bscuga

For those of you who attended JordanCon, please use this topic to discuss any relevant information that was disclosed during the Convention. The information should be for both the upcoming book - A Memory of Light - and any of the released books.

Thanks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should have reports on the Kaffeklatches later today, and tomorrow I hope to hang out at Brandon's table during the signing to record and take notes on questions. I haven't heard any reports from the signing yesterday, which conflicted with team trivia. Well, one guy reported, but he had asked a question that had already been answered, alas. Other than that there are no public Q&A sessions this year.

We just finished the AMOL progress report panel. One thing I found interesting is that there were two questions concerning the prequels and outriggers, and both questioners assumed that they wouldn't be written, but the answers given by Harriet about whether or not things from those books would be included in the encyclopedia leads me to believe that they are still seriously considering having Brandon write these books. I'm hoping that's the case. Brandon also talked again about his process for keeping things fresh as a writer, and part of that is that he needs variety to keep motivated, so I'm hoping he'll take breaks from SA to write these books, the same way he takes breaks from WoT etc to write other books.

Stormlight Archive?

thanks.

Yup, that be it. Technically, there was a Q&A session at the AMOL update, but of course there was a certain pressure to ask AMOL-related questions, which narrowed the field quite a bit.

did you (or somebody else) record that session?

We just finished the AMOL progress report panel. One thing I found interesting is that there were two questions concerning the prequels and outriggers, and both questioners assumed that they wouldn't be written, but the answers given by Harriet about whether or not things from those books would be included in the encyclopedia leads me to believe that they are still seriously considering having Brandon write these books. I'm hoping that's the case. Brandon also talked again about his process for keeping things fresh as a writer, and part of that is that he needs variety to keep motivated, so I'm hoping he'll take breaks from SA to write these books, the same way he takes breaks from WoT etc to write other books.

*cheer!* There is hope!

Stormlight Archive?

thanks.

Yup, that be it. Technically, there was a Q&A session at the AMOL update, but of course there was a certain pressure to ask AMOL-related questions, which narrowed the field quite a bit.

did you (or somebody else) record that session?

Yup. @portalstones on Twitter will be posting a video, and we have an audio which I'm assuming Marie will transcribe like she did for DCon.

I get to drive Brandon and Peter to the airport tonight, which will take about an hour (maybe a little less). So I get to interview him on the way. Yay!

bring a tape recorder! do you take interview questions suggestions? I only have about a thousand.

I get to drive Brandon and Peter to the airport tonight, which will take about an hour (maybe a little less). So I get to interview him on the way. Yay!

bring a tape recorder! do you take interview questions suggestions? I only have about a thousand.

I'm charging the recorder now - I had to check out of my room, though, so this is extremely annoying because I have to sit in the lobby and watch over it while it's charging. But sure, I'll take suggestions. Shoot.

I'm charging the recorder now - I had to check out of my room, though, so this is extremely annoying because I have to sit in the lobby and watch over it while it's charging. But sure, I'll take suggestions. Shoot.

I was mostly kidding, actually, I'm sure you have a whole bunch of questions yourself. But anyway, a few questions that he might not blow off.

1. please ask him to clarify his statements about Forsaken Dreamers. I highly suspect that he was mixing up dreamers and dreamwalkers. since he said so much on the issue already he should be willing to say more.

2. ask him how long Verin could possibly stay alive after leaving Mat. Could it be a few days, more than 10 days? I've been trying to make a timeline for tGS and ToM and I can't because of all the contradictions in Verin and Mat timelines. I talked to Steven Cooper about them and he said that he gave up for the same reason. Also, some guy on twitter told me that BS mentioned somewhere that there is at least one incorrect time marker in tGS. I don't see any mention of this in the interview database. If he could say what that is that would be great.

3. Could Shaidar Haran teach Elza any weaves himself? This is related to "Sorilea is a darkfriend" theory (which you don't need to mention of course). If he can say if Rand has seen Sorilea after VoG that would help too. There is one report in the database that BS said that he did see her but a definite confirmation would be nice.

4. Could LT have possibly properly sealed the bore in AoL (possibly with the help of women) without tainting either sadin or saidar?

5. Has LT's ability to recognize souls been manifested in books prior to tGS?

6. What exactly did Graendal see when Aran'gar wove compulsion on Ramshalan (Aran'gar channels saidin)?

7. Can poison from bloodknives ter'angreal rings be Healed?

8. Did Alviarin kill Carlinya? This one is pretty inconsequential but I'd still like an answer. There should be no need for any further secrecy on the issue so he ought be willing to give a straight answer.

I was mostly kidding, actually, I'm sure you have a whole bunch of questions yourself. But anyway, a few questions that he might not blow off.

1. please ask him to clarify his statements about Forsaken Dreamers. I highly suspect that he was mixing up dreamers and dreamwalkers. since he said so much on the issue already he should be willing to say more.

I don't think he was mixing them up, since the context of the original conversation made it clear we were talking about people who have prophetic dreams. However, I am planning on talking about this subject already.

2. ask him how long Verin could possibly stay alive after leaving Mat. Could it be a few days, more than 10 days? I've been trying to make a timeline for tGS and ToM and I can't because of all the contradictions in Verin and Mat timelines. I talked to Steven Cooper about them and he said that he gave up for the same reason. Also, some guy on twitter told me that BS mentioned somewhere that there is at least one incorrect time marker in tGS. I don't see any mention of this in the interview database. If he could say what that is that would be great.

3. Could Shaidar Haran teach Elza any weaves himself? This is related to "Sorilea is a darkfriend" theory (which you don't need to mention of course). If he can say if Rand has seen Sorilea after VoG that would help too. There is one report in the database that BS said that he did see her but a definite confirmation would be nice.

4. Could LT have possibly properly sealed the bore in AoL (possibly with the help of women) without tainting either sadin or saidar?

5. Has LT's ability to recognize souls been manifested in books prior to tGS?

6. What exactly did Graendal see when Aran'gar wove compulsion on Ramshalan (Aran'gar channels saidin)?

7. Can poison from bloodknives ter'angreal rings be Healed?

8. Did Alviarin kill Carlinya? This one is pretty inconsequential but I'd still like an answer. There should be no need for any further secrecy on the issue so he ought be willing to give a straight answer.

Good questions. On #3, we don't even know for sure that seeing Sorilea would be enough for him to determine if she is a Darkfriend. It appears as though he would have to put her on the spot to be sure. I think he would definitely RAFO #7.

I'm waiting on the audio, but here's the preliminary report. Enjoy.

That's some fine reporting there, Terez. Brandon seemed pretty direct answering some questions that I wouldn't have expected him to be. Thanks for sharing!

Also it's a nice feeling to be right about something for a change (the dreamspike) :smile:

Nice job and thanks for the early notes.

Clears up why the BT DS does not affect Caemlyn argument :biggrin:

BS also seems to imply that there is in fact only one male and one female Forsaken Dreamer....que more Lanfear vs Moggy arguments heh. (Unless the actual audio is less specific that is)

Would love to see that strength in the power list posted, hopefully he does the women too, I think people are looking forward to that even more.

Wait, Egwene's Dream of Gawyn choosing between two fates has been fulfilled? What does that mean? That the choice has been made, or that he's far enough along the chosen road to have died if that were the one he's chosen?

Going by the actual dream...

She stands at fork in road. Gawyn rides up not seeing her. One road leads to violent death, the other, long life. Down one road they marry, the other, not. Gawyn smiles and chooses

The bolded outcome there seems to suggest the answer imo.

Hmmm...or wait...does the marrying go with the violent death. Good question.

Archived