DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Did Lanfear love Rand?

Terez

88 members have voted

1. 1. Did she love him?

• No, of course not. She just loved power. (Like Rand said.)
    • She loved him in her own special (delusional) way.
    • Her love for him was as pure as the driven snow.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lanfear loved LTT in her own, distorted way - she was crazy, after all.

Wow, I'm really surprised about the result from this poll. Just out of curiousity - how do you define "love"?

Here's what the NIV Bible has to say..

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+13&version=NIV

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Lanfear? Nah.

That is one person's perspective on love, it is by no means a concrete definition.

IMO, Lanfear loved LTT, but it wasn't a very stable love, it bordered on obsession.

i voted power. i mean she never says lets run away and be together. it is all about us ruling, us over throwing the DO and creator, telling rand he is nothing now he needs to learn more. than when he does she gets more interested. it isn't a true love of the heart how Gawyn tells Egwene "let run off to my estates and live till the end happens." Lanfear is telling Rand he needs to get more powerful before she will accept him and than they can take over everything. she wants him for the power he would bring to the table.

she just wants power and has created a fantasy of a relationship to give it a foundation. she might be delusional but its all about the power. she is a Randland One Power Golddigger.

I think she loved Rand in the same way that an obsessed stalker loves their victim. :lanfear:

rand is a simpleton. He aint a player. He should have taken some lessons from rahvin instead of that clown musicion

No the problem was that he didn't take that clown musician's advice: :biggrin:

"Breane Taborwin alone would give you an education such as every man should have at least once in his life, if he can live through it."

I've seen a lot of people argue that Lanfear loved Rand because she really did think she did, in her own twisted noggin. And yeah, that seems to be true. But it doesn't really matter. Love isn't what you perceive it to be. Love is actual, at least semi-quantifiable care for another person. And Lanfear did't care that much about Lews Therin as a person. At least, he didn't seem to think she did and he was with her for long enough to know.

Archived