DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Top 100 Most Used Word(s) or Phrases

• 9 years later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys for this thread. Like...why does everything he says have to have additional qualification/description...and many of which are so so repetitive??? If someone enters a room, just say they entered the goddamn room. Why must we need to know the bloody colors of the floor or ceiling tiles, the colors/cut/style/thread count of the liveried servants' clothes, the number of people walking by with the description of each of their looks or non looks, the positions of women's hands in relation to their breasts or hips, etc? This series could easily have been 7 books long instead of the 14 with endless unnecessary descriptions

Edited by Ha Ni

The handsome woman walked through the door that was Mouse coloured, covered in Herons and lacquered. The room beyond the door was painted blue and had a Rug on the floor that was covered in a picture of a Dragon. There was a Mirrored Stand Lamp in one corner and a burnished table with Sea Folk Porcelain in another. As she entered she was in turn tugging on her Braid and Smoothing the hem of her dress.

She come to a stop in the middle of the floor and with arms folded beneath her ample bosum stared out the only window in the room which was framed in wood carved with Flowers, to see a Hawker crying his wares and a man swearing at another man, saying Blood and Ashes you flaming Sheepherder.

Suddenly like a Tempest everything happened at once and the door crashed open, there stood an Aes Sedai all serenity and with her ageless face, dressed in a gray ankle length dress, rich black Shoes and showing some cleavage. Next to her in a Warders Cloak stood her Warder, knuckling his Moustaches and with eyes like ice, with a Sword strapped to his back and wearing black trousers and boots. 

Did i miss anything? 

• 2 weeks later...

More handsome than beautiful...

Would have been beautiful if not for...

Must have once been beautiful but now...

Leveled a look/gaze at

Looked at him/her levelly

Anger/embarrassment/irritation (or some other emotion) flashed, but he/she suppressed said emotion in an instant 

She/he wanted to howl

Perrin (during the interminable gai'shain period): Nothing matters but Faile. Nothing 

On 6/15/2020 at 8:47 PM, Harldin said:

The handsome woman walked through the door that was Mouse coloured, covered in Herons and lacquered. The room beyond the door was painted blue and had a Rug on the floor that was covered in a picture of a Dragon. There was a Mirrored Stand Lamp in one corner and a burnished table with Sea Folk Porcelain in another. As she entered she was in turn tugging on her Braid and Smoothing the hem of her dress.

She come to a stop in the middle of the floor and with arms folded beneath her ample bosum stared out the only window in the room which was framed in wood carved with Flowers, to see a Hawker crying his wares and a man swearing at another man, saying Blood and Ashes you flaming Sheepherder.

Suddenly like a Tempest everything happened at once and the door crashed open, there stood an Aes Sedai all serenity and with her ageless face, dressed in a gray ankle length dress, rich black Shoes and showing some cleavage. Next to her in a Warders Cloak stood her Warder, knuckling his Moustaches and with eyes like ice, with a Sword strapped to his back and wearing black trousers and boots. 

Did i miss anything? 

Add in something about leatherleaf trees, bull-hide bucklers, good stout Two Rivers woolens, scroll-work (or any other kind of) embroidery, liveried servants, conical hats

Something that started to get on my nerves was how Faile's followers were always referred to as fools. I understand that people thought it was misguided to try to follow the Aiel ways, but after mentioning it twice or ten times, couldn't we just move on? But every time they showed up, they were "those fools"...even when they were being helpful. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just finished my third read-through of the series (first run started in my teens and I’m now 36) and I was really caught off guard by how often the word plump is used in physically describing females.  I never noticed it in the first two read-throughs, but this time, by the third book it felt like something I couldn’t unsee.

Still totally love the series, but I’m pretty sure if I had a dime for every time Jordan used the word plump in that manner I would have at least fifty dollars.  

Edited by Tinker4Life
Flourishes and punctuation

• 2 weeks later...