DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where will you go when it's over?

DocBean

:blink::ohmy: They still have "RECORD" stores!!!!! Where do you live 1980?!?! :tongue:

What else do you call them? Entertainment media stores? It's a place that sells music in various forms. I didn't want to use it's corporate name as I hate the fact that I can't go to an independent music store anymore as none exist near me and I am bitter.

Just poking fun at the term, Yeah I have no idea what you call them now. I haven't bought a hard copy of music in forever, I too am bitter that I can't go to a local shop and get the skinny on bands I might not know. The digital music exchange is just so impersonal.

If anyone ever makes it through the SF Bay Area or LA, Amoeba Records is still going strong. Best indie stores in the nation by far.

http://www.amoeba.com/

:blink::ohmy: They still have "RECORD" stores!!!!! Where do you live 1980?!?! :tongue:

What else do you call them? Entertainment media stores? It's a place that sells music in various forms. I didn't want to use it's corporate name as I hate the fact that I can't go to an independent music store anymore as none exist near me and I am bitter.

Just poking fun at the term, Yeah I have no idea what you call them now. I haven't bought a hard copy of music in forever, I too am bitter that I can't go to a local shop and get the skinny on bands I might not know. The digital music exchange is just so impersonal.

If anyone ever makes it through the SF Bay Area or LA, Amoeba Records is still going strong. Best indie stores in the nation by far.

http://www.amoeba.com/

Great heads up only the wrong side of the nation for me.... Oh well

I am about to embark on the Malazan books. I hear good things about them, and given how prolific Erickson is, I doubt he will just up and stop writing about that universe once Crippled God is out and done. I have yet to start ASOIAF as well ... basically, I have lots of great stuff to read and lots of forums to go to, so I will have plenty to keep me busy.

Where will I go when it's all over?

I'll probably initially ease the pain by throwing myself back into the grim darkness of the Warhammer 40k and Horus Heresy books.

From there I might go and re-read all the Dune books, including all the recent prequels.

After that, I'll need to sit down and have a think....

Seeing as WoT was one of my first fantasy epics, I thought I'd continue with Song of Ice and Fire. After that we'll see. Sadly I don't have as much time to read as I'd like. As for forums, I'll continue to go to the ones I go to now, maybe to other book forums if the books intrigue me as much as WoT does.

Archived