DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's Sword

Levisimo

As for the sword he wears now (does he still wear it?), didn't a farmer or some civilian give it to him?

A group of scholars found it beneath a submerged statue and it was given to Rand. It is Artur Hawking's sword Justice. Rand recognizes it from the battle at Falme.

Terez beat me to it...

In TGS Rand was given a "centuries old" sword by a group of scholars who found it buried under a submerged statue. Rand recognizes it and it reminds him of his last trip to Falme, which has made most people think it is Artur Hawkwing's sword Justice, which Rand saw at Falme after Mat blew the Horn.

Terez beat me to it...

Ditto.

But my question related to this is, why didn't they just come out and say specifically that it was Justice? Or better yet, why didn't we get to see that scene happen, rather than just have Rand think about it? Is that sword possibly the third sa'angreal that Lanfear was talking to Rand about way back in TSR?

But my question related to this is, why didn't they just come out and say specifically that it was Justice? Or better yet, why didn't we get to see that scene happen, rather than just have Rand think about it? Is that sword possibly the third sa'angreal that Lanfear was talking to Rand about way back in TSR?

That would make it interesting if it really was Guaire Amalasan's sword before it was Hawkwing's.

It was apparently supposed to be kept a mystery (IMO probably so we wouldn't so easily figure out that some of the Callandor prophecies actually refer to Justice, or that it will play an important role in the Last Battle).

Is that sword possibly the third sa'angreal that Lanfear was talking to Rand about way back in TSR?

I doubt Hawkwing would be carrying anything associated with the One Power.

He likely wouldn't have known. He couldn't channel and there were no male Aes Sedai around in his time. That said, I really doubt that Justice is an angreal. We don't have any evidence to suggest this. And it would steal some of the thunder from Callandor, which appears to play a large role in Tarmon Gaidon.

there wont be another sword Sa Angreal, theres no point in introducing another in the books, the third would likely be something completely different to what you have seen. (Statue of a man one and a Sword one)

I doubt you will see anything of that 3rd powerfull sa angreal at all anyway.

btw

"Let the arm of the Lord of the Dawn shelter us from the Dark, and the great sword of justice defend us."

Theres nothing much but there is Justice mentioned once

full quote

"And it came to pass in those days, as it had come before and would come again, the Dark lay heavy on the land and weighed

down the hearts of men, and the green things failed, and hope died. And men cried out to the Creator, saying, O light of the

Heavens, Light of the World, let the Promised One be born of the mountain, according to the prophecies, as he was ages past

and will be in ages to come. Let the Prince of Morning sing to the land that green things will grow and the valleys give forth

lambs. Let the arm of the Lord of the Dawn shelter us from the Dark, and the great sword of justice defend us. Let the Dragon

ride again on the winds of time.

From Charal Drianaan te Clamon, The Cycle of the Dragon. Author unknown, the Fourth Age "

Archived