DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

tGS Chapter 28

SkyKushryd

I've been reading this series of books, and am up to Ch. 29 in tGS.

Chapter 28 is quite possibly one of the most chilling and scary pieces of writing I've ever read.

I honestly felt nervous reading it, as if someone was going to appear out of nowhere and attempt to kill me.

Moments like that, when books elicit such an emotional response from you, are the reason I read books to begin with.

I'm not usually emotional, but I nearly cried when Thom saved Mat and Rand in tEOtW, and when Ingtar redeemed himself, and I did cry when Moiraine "died" sacrificing herself to kill Lanfear.

There have been moments when I've felt joy, anger, and excitement all throughout these books, and I'm glad to see that it has continued all the way to where I am so far.

(P.S. I don't want any spoilers, but has it been revealed who killed Asmodean by Ch. 28 of tGS, or did I miss it?)

Moments like that, when books elicit such an emotional response from you, are the reason I read books to begin with.

Same here! There are many a scenes in WoT that elicit such responses!

(P.S. I don't want any spoilers, but has it been revealed who killed Asmodean by Ch. 28 of tGS, or did I miss it?)

Not explicitly, though RJ did once say we have all the info we needed, no one "really" knows.

I've been reading this series of books, and am up to Ch. 29 in tGS.

Chapter 28 is quite possibly one of the most chilling and scary pieces of writing I've ever read.

I honestly felt nervous reading it, as if someone was going to appear out of nowhere and attempt to kill me.

I'm not usually emotional, but I nearly cried when Thom saved Mat and Rand in tEOtW, and when Ingtar redeemed himself, and I did cry when Moiraine "died" sacrificing herself to kill Lanfear.

There have been moments when I've felt joy, anger, and excitement all throughout these books, and I'm glad to see that it has continued all the way to where I am so far.

As for your question about Asmo's reveal: the answer is no, it was never said for sure in the books themselves who killed him by Ch. 29 of TGS.

As for chilling scenes (or just ones that elicit an emotional response) there was one in the book after the one you're reading that affected me more than any scene in any of the other books. I'm totally serious (just think about all the stuff that's happened so far to compare, and for me it tops them).

I envy you and others that are reading this series for the first time. After so many re-reads when a new book comes out I find myself often coldly dissecting character's actions and how they compare to theories people came up with on the forums or my own theories of what was going to happen instead of just letting the story wash over me like it did that first time through.

I'm glad you're enjoying the WoT. It is fantastic :biggrin:

You find out for sure in ToM.

This makes me glad, because Asmo is (was) my second favorite character in the series.

Just keep reading my friend, you have a whole book and half to go and you will not believe the amount of info that you're about to be assaulted with :biggrin:

You can then begin to crave for MoL just like the rest of us for the next year.

The word google is actually evolving to the point where people use it to mean 'search for on the internet', not necessarily on Google.com.

But yes, Encyclopaedia-Wot is about as good as it gets for chapter summaries and keeping track of individual characters and items. Even Sanderson uses it when he's writing :laugh:

You find out for sure in ToM.

This makes me glad, because Asmo is (was) my second favorite character in the series.

Who's your favorite?

Mat

He's the character I most relate to, in that I'd be trying my hardest to avoid any resposibility in anything whatsoever, and would be screwed over anyways. :biggrin:

When I read this I expected a different chapter. Had to google which one this was and had a "heh" moment.

Oh yes, so much more to come. :D

Hah, same here, I was thinking that this was Chapter 22, The Last That Could Be Done.

Same here, I thought chapter 22 too, or maybe chapter 50. When I was reading chapter 22, I was telling myself if Rand kills Min, I would stop reading the book there and then and burn it. :biggrin:

When I read this I expected a different chapter. Had to google which one this was and had a "heh" moment.

Oh yes, so much more to come. :D

Hah, same here, I was thinking that this was Chapter 22, The Last That Could Be Done.

Same here, I thought chapter 22 too, or maybe chapter 50. When I was reading chapter 22, I was telling myself if Rand kills Min, I would stop reading the book there and then and burn it. :biggrin:

lol. "The Last That Could Be Done" is my favorite Chapter in tGS and ToM and one of my favorites in the whole series. Truly chilling. I didn't like "The night in Hinderstap" all that much because it felt like something out of a Stephen King story and didn't really belong in WoT.

Afreed, The Last that Could Be Done was by far the more chilling and emotionally affecting for me than anything else in TGS. I had to put the book down for a while after it.

Ch. 28 wasn't chilling at all and didn't brought any emotional response, since it was clear from the start Mat won't get killed or seriously hurt by some random zombies. It was good action and that was it, run of the mill chapter at best.

Asmo's killer is hinted at (very strongly!) in the Towers of Midnight and just takes a little logical thinking to guess. However, it's explicitly stated in the (mental block, can't remember the word, Appendix? Guide?) of ToM. So there is no doubt. You just have to wait.

Afreed, The Last that Could Be Done was by far the more chilling and emotionally affecting for me than anything else in TGS. I had to put the book down for a while after it.

Ch. 28 wasn't chilling at all and didn't brought any emotional response, since it was clear from the start Mat won't get killed or seriously hurt by some random zombies. It was good action and that was it, run of the mill chapter at best.

Yes, same feeling here. Scarry, yes, but not really moving in the sense that "The Last That Could Be Done" was. Since the guy doesn't want spoilers I won't but some parts of ToM were also very moving, in a completely different way.

Archived