DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aviendahs viewings

moroten

I believe any speculation on Min's viewings possibly not coming true should be put to rest and not brought up anymore. The only time that Min's viewing was thought to be wrong was with Moraine, which it wasn't so i think that's enough to put it down. Secondly, Iam more curious about the "oddity" with one of Avi's baby's, but, we see them and they are perfectly fine as we can tell.

We're not sure yet but I believe this oddity to be the fact that the Avi's kids are always/thoughtlessly holding the Power that we saw in her vision trip.

As to the foretelling in the pillars, Avi said that it felt more REAL. That it was most likely to happen after the LB. Like it was said in the book too. The Last Battle is assured and the Dragons victory assured now that hes gone to the light side. And now everything that Min has ever foretold WILL happen. As to what will happen to the Aiel?....Back to the Way of the Leaf? Who really knows....What purpose do the greatest warriors to have ever existed have after a world done with the War against the Shadow?

There's always more battles. Man will always find a reason to fight. Plus there's Nicola's Foretelling along the lines of "The great battle done but the land not done with battle".

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im actually looking into Spartan history and see if i can find any similarities in the History. And as to the oddity with the baby, i thought it was an oddity with "1" of them, not all of them.

I'd have to go look it up. I thought it was just "Avi will have 4 at the same time. Healthy but something odd though."

I don't think that Avi suiciding so as not to have her babies would stop the Seanchan takeover. If this is to be stopped, it has to be by decisive action now or soon after the Last Battle. Any solution that didn't require a complete purge of the Seanchan from Randland would need a major cultural change in the Seanchan themselves, something that I think can only be achieved if the Seanchan come to the realisation that both sul'dam and damane can channel, and that therefore their whole culture is repugnant.

The most disturbing part of Avi's vision was not that Rand and his girls disappear or die, but the Seanchan dominance of the world that the vision showed. It really seemed to show something a bit like what happened in Eastern Europe when the Nazis were defeated, only to be replaced by the Soviets. A WoT world where the Shadow had been defeated, only to be replaced by the Seanchan, would not be at all pleasant.

I agree with you. This to me is the worst possible outcome...even more so than the DO winning and the series abruptly ending.

Close to those items is the body swap theory. I'm sorry, but I find it completely ridiculous. I know it has its "evidence" but I am really hoping it doesn't happen.

The most disturbing part of Avi's vision was not that Rand and his girls disappear or die, but the Seanchan dominance of the world that the vision showed. It really seemed to show something a bit like what happened in Eastern Europe when the Nazis were defeated, only to be replaced by the Soviets. A WoT world where the Shadow had been defeated, only to be replaced by the Seanchan, would not be at all pleasant.

I agree with you. This to me is the worst possible outcome...even more so than the DO winning and the series abruptly ending.

Close to those items is the body swap theory. I'm sorry, but I find it completely ridiculous. I know it has its "evidence" but I am really hoping it doesn't happen.

The body swap theory would ruin AMoL for me.

The body swap theory would ruin AMoL for me.

Certainly one thing we can agree on.

Something that is interesting is that Brandon Sanderson is reading all the books again and making notes of portents throughout.

Also that RJ's version of the final chapter(s) was already written and will be used.

It was terrible indeed. World became a more terrible place than it already was. You remember what Birgitte said when she first saw Mat's dragons working. "I can feel that the world has drastically changed now" In Avi's viewing it is mentioned that it is when the enemy began to use them, the course of the battle is changed.

Aside from Elayne and Avi, Egwene was also not there too as far as I remember. I must read the part again.

A little off topic but, rading this thread I read things about healing and I came up with a question which may already been discussed, but I dont know. Why can't Egwene Heal her headaches when she is in the camp with rebels?

and... I think we must be more cautious when making similarities with the real world events. I'm not Russian or communist or anything related but if I were, I would be really pissed of to be compared to seanchan.

A little off topic but, rading this thread I read things about healing and I came up with a question which may already been discussed, but I dont know. Why can't Egwene Heal her headaches when she is in the camp with rebels?

I believe her personal servant, Halima(?), was the forsaken Aran'gar. Halima is believed to have caused them. Probably with Saidin.

I believe her personal servant, Halima(?), was the forsaken Aran'gar. Halima is believed to have caused them. Probably with Saidin.

Yes, but they didn't even try to heal it. If they did, they would notice something was wrong and it wasn't a regular headache.

Wait, you said saidin? hmm yesss.. it makes sense now :P

and... I think we must be more cautious when making similarities with the real world events. I'm not Russian or communist or anything related but if I were, I would be really pissed of to be compared to seanchan.

Soviet Russia was as evil as Nazi Germany, and especially under Joseph Stalin, who was responsible for the deaths of 20 million people in the Great Purges, and also responsible for a deliberately engineered Great Famine of the Ukraine. I don't think the Seanchan are as bad as either Hitler or Stalin, and certainly not as bad as the Dark One, but their culture is certainly not very nice.

As much as the whole book is making sense it doesnt leave much for the Aiel...they are the fiercest warriors to ever exist that onlyh believes in their people and will not follow wetlanders..I could see the Aiel surviving by being incorporated into the different lands of each nation, but will not suffice....If anything...i think i woul ally them to Caemlyn/Carhien...the bulk of them with somebody that is PART Aiel...

Did anyone else take anything from Avi's viewings as an allusion to rifles and railroads being run through the Waste? That, combined with a scene or two from the Forsaken in other books gives me a sense of a world a little too intertwined with ours, if that makes sense.

Did anyone else take anything from Avi's viewings as an allusion to rifles and railroads being run through the Waste? That, combined with a scene or two from the Forsaken in other books gives me a sense of a world a little too intertwined with ours, if that makes sense.

Randland is the past/future of our world. So it does make sense to see things start moving that way (although we have no idea how many Ages our world is from the current story). However, I'm glad that things like canons, guns, railroads, etc are not showing up until the end of the story because I don't really like those things in my fantasy stories. Sword-fighting for me please!

One thing I noticed about Avienda's visions in a recent re-read, that I didn't notice before, was that in one of the visions they mention about how the Senchean forced Rand to kneel to their Empress.

We know that in the 'pure' prophecy, that he will bind the nine moons to him, and that in the 'corrupted' prophecy, that he will kneel to the Crystal Throne.

While these two prophecies aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, it's unlikely that both will come to pass, so either one or the other will happen. Like many other branching roads in the series, I think that the fate of the world after the last battle depends on which one of these two prophecies is fulfilled. If Rand kneels, the Senchean rule the world after the LB and Avienda's visions come true. If Fortuona kneels, then something else may happen.

Thus, this is why I believe that Avienda's visions are of a possible future, but not -the- future, even if the Great Lord loses the last battle and the pattern isn't destroyed. This future can be averted, but it depends on how Rand and Fortuona's next meeting goes and who will end up submitting to whom.

Edit: The relevant passage:

"What care do they have for the Dragon?" Hehyal asked. "They are invaders who forced him to bow to their Empress. She is considered above him. They will not keep promises they made to an inferior."

hi there, i'm new, anyway it always seemed wierd how little mention the shadow got in this vision and how neatly divided the world is in only one generation. we can see the roots of it now, andor, two rivers etc but it seems strange that there's no 'mopping up'almost as if it all happened off screen ( i think only one of the aiel mentions fighting in the last battle). it just rang false for me (once i got over the shock!).

Thus, this is why I believe that Avienda's visions are of a possible future, but not -the- future, even if the Great Lord loses the last battle and the pattern isn't destroyed. This future can be averted, but it depends on how Rand and Fortuona's next meeting goes and who will end up submitting to whom.

You are a DarkFriend!

As to the rest of your post, that very well could be.

You are a DarkFriend!

A year and a half on the boards here and you're the first person to notice me doing that. :p

The things that stand out from Avi viewing for me are:

The first viewing is 16 or 17 (I think) years after the Last Battle. Where are Avi and Rand? Its really not clear what happened.

The next viewing is 40 years after the Last Battle and it sounds that Rand and Elaynes grandchildren are running Andor. Where did Elayne go? She is a channeler and should live a long time.

I find it interesting that when the nations enter the war to fight against the Seanchan, the Seanchan start winning as they use those lands to find more channelers.

Also mentioned is that the Black Tower still resists (althought the Tower has fallen) and the White Tower has fallen. This implies that the two are not unitied.

Is it possible that in Avi's viewing her kid seemed to regard them all as "gone" because they left elsewhere instead of dying...it might tie into the "three on a boat and the one who is dead yet lives" and the "to live you must die" thingy...

I would be really pissed of if they sail away at the end just like in the lord of the ring.

Archived