DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aviendahs viewings

moroten

We see her line of descendants. We also see her actual grown up kids. We can tell by Bruan being there that it hasnt been gone too much time since the LB and the current time in that last viewing. But they think and talk like both Rand and Aviendha are dead, considering atleast that Aviendah must have survived the LB to give birth to the babies she is still somewhat young. Im curious as to happens here, we dont know for certain the Rand will survive the last battle, but Im kinda convinced tht he will. How come those two just disappears? Are they murdered?

Mainly wondered if anyone else of you people starting thinking about this. Ofc we cant find a right answer, but the whole Aiel thing post LB saddens me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We see her line of descendants. We also see her actual grown up kids. We can tell by Bruan being there that it hasnt been gone too much time since the LB and the current time in that last viewing. But they think and talk like both Rand and Aviendha are dead, considering atleast that Aviendah must have survived the LB to give birth to the babies she is still somewhat young. Im curious as to happens here, we dont know for certain the Rand will survive the last battle, but Im kinda convinced tht he will. How come those two just disappears? Are they murdered?

Mainly wondered if anyone else of you people starting thinking about this. Ofc we cant find a right answer, but the whole Aiel thing post LB saddens me.

I think this is somewhat presaged in rands conflict with the borderlander lords in far madding. Rand, having a fair bit of experience (450 or so years he admits) in how to understand prophesies, saying that they are all suggestions, and it is up to you to accept them. Maybe Rand will share his experiences with Aviendha and her heart will be calmed, and all will be corrected in the indefinite future of randworld.

also by allana and cadsuane and the yellow, anything that occurs AFTER the LB is only a possibility, because of the analysis of Min's viewings.

Elaynes kids will be born before the last battle, because that viewing is clear, and Avienda will get knocked up before the last battle, that's why her children are blurred.

Also, the pillars are warnings. Of the pride of the present against the simple meakness of the past (Ji Eh Toh vs the way of the leaf) and perhaps Aviendha viewed a future in the same way? War vs peace? for a nation that has only known war (btw, I think that that is a WEAK WEAK WEAK paradigm in a lot of sci-fi, the strong are always in waterless lands? Egypt has more water than Australia, but you know what australia has? FOOD! but anyways) Avienda, since Rhuidiean has changed might have changed how AIEL learn. Rather than of the past, they learn of their future if they continue to live as they do.

Again, I doubt it will be resolved unless the epilogue is as long as TGH.

good questions. This is clearly left unclear intentionally. Notice that the people in Avi's visions never say that Rand died. They say that he left them. This can mean many things. He could have gone off somewhere and taken his girls with him. In any event, it's also quite clear that the future Avi sees is not what will actually happen. It's what would happen if things proceed as they are and the Aiel fail to adapt. Avi now knows it and she'll certainly won't let things go that way. In particular, there are strong indications that the Aiel might have to go back to the way of the leaf. They'll also likely acquire a new purpose beside that (like serving the Dragon or enforcing his peace or some other specific goal).

Since she is a channeler and her life span is about 600 years, she would have died very young. We don't get enough info to really have any idea as to why they are both dead. You will also notice that Elayne appears to have died very early as well. I'm curious as to what might have happened, but since this vision will not come to pass now that Avi is forewarned I'm not really worried about it.

I think Aviendha might retire from the world after TG, particularly if Rand survives in some form. Elayne can do the same after a couple of decades, once her baby girl is old enough to take the throne. Min can naturally go with him right away. I'm not sure how that conforms with her children not being in touch with her anymore - that's a bit cold. Not to mention her duty to the tribes. Perhaps... Rand won't survive in the normal sense. Perhaps they'll find a way to join him in tel'aran'rhiod, and decide to go.

I think Aviendha might retire from the world after TG, particularly if Rand survives in some form. Elayne can do the same after a couple of decades, once her baby girl is old enough to take the throne. Min can naturally go with him right away. I'm not sure how that conforms with her children not being in touch with her anymore - that's a bit cold. Not to mention her duty to the tribes. Perhaps... Rand won't survive in the normal sense. Perhaps they'll find a way to join him in tel'aran'rhiod, and decide to go.

I'm not sure about his girls but Rand himself will definitely retire somewhere. If he survives the LB that is. There is just absolutely no place for him in the post Last Battle world. He obviously doesn't care about Illian and will likely give it back to Mattin. He already gave away his other power bases. So where would he go? his mere presence anywhere in Randlands would be seriously oppressive. So I think he'll die, be resurrected, defeat the DO and then either die again or go someplace far away like Jesus did after his resurrection. I'm not quite sure where Rand will end up though. TAR? a parallel world? drinking tea with the Creator? Wherever that is if Elayne goes with him they better have some really good baths there.

Easiest answer is that Aviendha dies in childbirth. It's certainly not far-fetched considering the medical knowledge they possess is rather primitive.

But the ability to Heal with the One Power more than makes up for that. If we are using Avi's vision as a guide, didn't her kids have some memories of her? Meaning she must have lived for at least their early years in that future world.

Easiest answer is that Aviendha dies in childbirth. It's certainly not far-fetched considering the medical knowledge they possess is rather primitive.

But the ability to Heal with the One Power more than makes up for that. If we are using Avi's vision as a guide, didn't her kids have some memories of her? Meaning she must have lived for at least their early years in that future world.

How does the OP deal with infections? Those are pathogens and I can't see how weaves would directly affect them, since healing so far as I understand it deals more with repairing blunt flesh trauma.

I'm not sure about his girls but Rand himself will definitely retire somewhere. If he survives the LB that is. There is just absolutely no place for him in the post Last Battle world. He obviously doesn't care about Illian and will likely give it back to Mattin. He already gave away his other power bases. So where would he go? his mere presence anywhere in Randlands would be seriously oppressive. So I think he'll die, be resurrected, defeat the DO and then either die again or go someplace far away like Jesus did after his resurrection. I'm not quite sure where Rand will end up though. TAR? a parallel world? drinking tea with the Creator? Wherever that is if Elayne goes with him they better have some really good baths there.

While I understand that the popular theory is that Logain will lead the BT(or whatever it turns into after TG), I don't know if Rand necessarily has "no place" in the world after the LB. I remembered a post made by androgyn in the Logain's Glory and Callandor thread that quoted the following scene from ToM; it shows what I mean about Rand:

She turned from the window, then froze. There, set in to the glass below the Flame of Tar Valon, was a large segment in the shape of Dragon's Fang. That wasn't part of the original window. Egwene stepped forward, inspecting the glass. There is a third constant besides the Creator and the Dark One, Verin's meticulous voice said, a memory from another time. There is a world that lies within each of these others, inside all of them at the same time. Or perhaps surrounding them. Writers in the Age of Legends called it Tel'aren'rhiod. Did this window represent one of those, another world where Dragon and Amyrlin ruled Tar Valon side by side?

Recall The Great Hunt when Hurin follows Fain and Co.'s future trail in a parallel world. Similarly, I think this new window in the WT could reflect the future after TG. It would be very fitting to RJ's Wheel of Time theme where ages go in circles and things that happened before happen again for Rand, the Dragon Reborn to rule alongside the Amyrlin.

Elan Morin grimaced. "Look at you," he said scornfully. "Once you stood first among the Servants. Once you wore the Ring of Tamyrlin, and sat in the High Seat. Once you summoned the Nine Rods of Dominion..."

How does the OP deal with infections? Those are pathogens and I can't see how weaves would directly affect them, since healing so far as I understand it deals more with repairing blunt flesh trauma.

Not sure we've seen dealing with disease/infections specifically on screen (although there was some mention of Nynaeve Healing Egwene of bone break fever when she was young), but my impression of Healing was that it could take care of pretty much anything short of death. Plus, from their dealings with Elayne, the Aiel seem fairly sophesticated with their midwifery.

Not sure we've seen dealing with disease/infections specifically on screen (although there was some mention of Nynaeve Healing Egwene of bone break fever when she was young), but my impression of Healing was that it could take care of pretty much anything short of death. Plus, from their dealings with Elayne, the Aiel seem fairly sophesticated with their midwifery.

Nynaeve probably did it through some herb recipe.

Nynaeve probably did it through some herb recipe.

I thought that was when she figured out what her first use of the Power was. And that it created some kind of bond between her and Nynaeve so Nynaeve always knew when Egwene was around.

While I understand that the popular theory is that Logain will lead the BT(or whatever it turns into after TG), I don't know if Rand necessarily has "no place" in the world after the LB. I remembered a post made by androgyn in the Logain's Glory and Callandor thread that quoted the following scene from ToM; it shows what I mean about Rand:

She turned from the window, then froze. There, set in to the glass below the Flame of Tar Valon, was a large segment in the shape of Dragon's Fang. That wasn't part of the original window. Egwene stepped forward, inspecting the glass. There is a third constant besides the Creator and the Dark One, Verin's meticulous voice said, a memory from another time. There is a world that lies within each of these others, inside all of them at the same time. Or perhaps surrounding them. Writers in the Age of Legends called it Tel'aren'rhiod. Did this window represent one of those, another world where Dragon and Amyrlin ruled Tar Valon side by side?

Ok, That's a very interesting point. But it does look like Logain will lead the BT after the LB, not Rand. And yes, it certainly makes sense that male and female Aes Sedai should work together after the LB. There is no longer a good reason to have two separate power structures for them. I found it kind of strange and disappointing that Egwene never even considered this issue in her plans for the future of Aes Sedai.

Regardless, I still feel that Rand has grown too big to be equal to anybody. Just look at how he handled Egwene. She herself thinks she needs to unite the entire world be to able to face him up. Having someone like that around for a long time after the LB(even if he does nothing) would be really oppressive to everybody. And remember what he tells Nynaeve.

"That's what I am," Rand said. "A story. A legend. To be told to children years from now, spoken of in whispers."

That's what I feel he is now and will be even more so after the LB. I don't think even LT ever quite achieved that status.

Ok, That's a very interesting point. But it does look like Logain will lead the BT after the LB, not Rand. And yes, it certainly makes sense that male and female Aes Sedai should work together after the LB. There is no longer a good reason to have two separate power structures for them. I found it kind of strange and disappointing that Egwene never even considered this issue in her plans for the future of Aes Sedai.

Regardless, I still feel that Rand has grown too big to be equal to anybody. Just look at how he handled Egwene. She herself thinks she needs to unite the entire world be to able to face him up. Having someone like that around for a long time after the LB(even if he does nothing) would be really oppressive to everybody. And remember what he tells Nynaeve.

"That's what I am," Rand said. "A story. A legend. To be told to children years from now, spoken of in whispers."

That's what I feel he is now and will be even more so after the LB. I don't think even LT ever quite achieved that status.

I agree that Rand may be too big a deal to have anyone ruling at his side. (If you look carefully you'll see that I never really say outright that I think Rand will lead the BT :happy:) But since I'm sure he will in fact be alive after TG(in whatever body) I'm quite curious to see what in fact he will do including the possibility that he rules the WT/BT alongside Eggy. I just realized it would also be fitting because of the same RJ WoT "time is circular" theme on a much smaller scale, that of the book series- He and Eggy were supposed to by married in the TR at the beginning and if this happens then they'll rule their "children"(aka the AS & Ashaman, and the world) together as Mother and Father :biggrin:

The most disturbing part of Avi's vision was not that Rand and his girls disappear or die, but the Seanchan dominance of the world that the vision showed. It really seemed to show something a bit like what happened in Eastern Europe when the Nazis were defeated, only to be replaced by the Soviets. A WoT world where the Shadow had been defeated, only to be replaced by the Seanchan, would not be at all pleasant.

The most disturbing part of Avi's vision was not that Rand and his girls disappear or die, but the Seanchan dominance of the world that the vision showed. It really seemed to show something a bit like what happened in Eastern Europe when the Nazis were defeated, only to be replaced by the Soviets. A WoT world where the Shadow had been defeated, only to be replaced by the Seanchan, would not be at all pleasant.

Agreed.

An even better coonclusion to the story of Aviendha and Rand would be Avi committing sacrifice at some stage in the Final Battle to save Rand, knowing that it would mean her children would never be born and that the Aiel's future wasn't determined.

Agreed.

An even better coonclusion to the story of Aviendha and Rand would be Avi committing sacrifice at some stage in the Final Battle to save Rand, knowing that it would mean her children would never be born and that the Aiel's future wasn't determined.

That would be quite the sacrifice. The problem with that is that it would invalidate one of Min's viewings. And it seems that Min's viewings can only be wrong if Rand loses and the Dark One destroys the Pattern.

Agreed.

That would be quite the sacrifice. The problem with that is that it would invalidate one of Min's viewings. And it seems that Min's viewings can only be wrong if Rand loses and the Dark One destroys the Pattern.

But, why should that be so?

If so then Rand dies etc. yet most on here think he won't.

Does destroying the last of the seals make any change?

Without plot-twists the whole story can be stale.

And we've been without real plot-twists for several books now.

Agreed.

But we have yet to see one of Min's viewings be wrong. And she saw that Avi would have 4 of Rand's babies. So if she sacrifices herself to prevent the future she saw, that would make Min's viewing wrong. We've been lead to believe that only the Dark One winning and destroying the Pattern can cause that to happen. Whether or not that makes the plot stale or predicatable is open to debate and opinion.

Plus I think that now that Avi is armed with this warning she can find someway to prevent it that doesn't involve her dying. Although I agree that her sacrifice would be brave, selfless, and moving. I just don't think it will happen.

Agreed.

But we have yet to see one of Min's viewings be wrong. And she saw that Avi would have 4 of Rand's babies. So if she sacrifices herself to prevent the future she saw, that would make Min's viewing wrong. We've been lead to believe that only the Dark One winning and destroying the Pattern can cause that to happen. Whether or not that makes the plot stale or predicatable is open to debate and opinion.

Plus I think that now that Avi is armed with this warning she can find someway to prevent it that doesn't involve her dying. Although I agree that her sacrifice would be brave, selfless, and moving. I just don't think it will happen.

I know a number of people that gave up after the first couple of books.

Not by the pure scale of his intentions (RJ's), but by the pure volume written and it unfinished.

Personally, if everything just ties up as many on here have suggested, it will feel like a massive cheat.

We've all invested a huge amount of time into the books.

By the end it will be what? About 11,000 pages?

Even if you're a decent speed reader like myself that is still about 200 hours or more than 8 full days.

Things need to be tied up properly.

There must be some sacrifice.

There must be some things that could be debated because they are (previously hinted at) twists.

It needs a clear resolution.

Otherwise, why should we really recommend people to give up a similar time.

Agreed.

I know a number of people that gave up after the first couple of books.

Not by the pure scale of his intentions (RJ's), but by the pure volume written and it unfinished.

Personally, if everything just ties up as many on here have suggested, it will feel like a massive cheat.

We've all invested a huge amount of time into the books.

By the end it will be what? About 11,000 pages?

Even if you're a decent speed reader like myself that is still about 200 hours or more than 8 full days.

Things need to be tied up properly.

There must be some sacrifice.

There must be some things that could be debated because they are (previously hinted at) twists.

It needs a clear resolution.

Otherwise, why should we really recommend people to give up a similar time.

I don't understand your argument? Are you saying that if Min's viewings are set in stone that you will somehow feel cheated? I gonna have to disagree with you on that. First, the Light's victory is by no means assured. The Dark One can still win and destroy the Pattern and cause any of Min's unresolved viewings to become null and void. Second, we know nothing (in regards to this particular viewing) other than Avi will have 4 of Rands kids and something will be strange. This doesn't mean that there aren't tons of other ways to prevent the future Avi saw in Rhuidean. She can ask Rand to destroy the Seanchan with his resources. She can convince him to include them and the Aiel in the Dragon's Peace. She can teach the Aiel to be less warlike. And etc... There are tons of surprises that the story can have without Min's viewings being wrong.

Personally, I would be much more upset if I had been reading this series for years and years and something that I have been told is law (Min's viewings always come true) is suddenly shown to be wrong at the end of the books with no foreshadowing just to have an exciting "twist". To me that would be cheap and inconsistent with the laws within the world that RJ has built.

I believe any speculation on Min's viewings possibly not coming true should be put to rest and not brought up anymore. The only time that Min's viewing was thought to be wrong was with Moraine, which it wasn't so i think that's enough to put it down. Secondly, Iam more curious about the "oddity" with one of Avi's baby's, but, we see them and they are perfectly fine as we can tell.

As to the foretelling in the pillars, Avi said that it felt more REAL. That it was most likely to happen after the LB. Like it was said in the book too. The Last Battle is assured and the Dragons victory assured now that hes gone to the light side. And now everything that Min has ever foretold WILL happen. As to what will happen to the Aiel?....Back to the Way of the Leaf? Who really knows....What purpose do the greatest warriors to have ever existed have after a world done with the War against the Shadow?

Archived