DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tam

I Am The Storm

Who else would like to see Tam take a high place in Rand's army for TG? We know he was a high ranking soldier before he found Rand, and was also a blademaster, so he has the qualifications. It could also work into Cadsuane's plan to teach Rand to laugh and cry again. Being around somone he loves so much could do that, even though he knows now Tam isn't his real father.

Well i havnt finished reading the series yet, i just started reading A Crown Of Swords, and i was wondering about that myself.

I think it'd be pretty awesome if Tam actually came into the books, it would be awesome to see what kind of character he is in more detail.

(BTW. im a bit angry haha, im waiting for Lan to come back into the book :( )

I think Rand will try to avoid him at first, but with all this emphasis on Rand learning to be human again and reconnecting with those he cares about, I don't think his avoidance will work for very long. He tried it on Elayne and Avienda too, and that didn't work either, because they loved him too much to let it happen. Why should Tam be any different? He loves Rand just as much as the girls do, just in a different way. Also, consider that Tam thinks Rand is going to die whether he wins TG or not (afterall, no one who isn't Asha'man or Forsaken really believes the taint is gone). Under those circumstances, I don't think that Tam is going to just accept Rand avoiding him. He's going to want to see Rand again before Rand "dies."

I also believe that Tam will play a part in getting Rand to remember laughter and tears, though not as big a part as Moiraine's return. However much Rand cares about Tam, it's Moiraine who tops that list of dead women he uses to torture himself with.

Yes, and both Moiraine and Tam will be much more effective than Cadsuane or Sorilea. He views them both adversarially, to some extent. He no longer views Moiraine in that light, and certainly not Tam.

Really, though, it's the "veins of gold" that are gonna save him, you KNOW that. I mean ... come on, Jordan is subtle about a lot of things, but love isn't one of them.

Really, though, it's the "veins of gold" that are gonna save him, you KNOW that. I mean ... come on, Jordan is subtle about a lot of things, but love isn't one of them.

Are you referring to all love, or only romantic love? We've only seen the "veins of gold" in reference to romantic love, but that's partially because Rand hasn't been around anyone since before WH that he loves platonically (like Tam).

One thing that I would like to see besides Rand and Tam's meeting is a meeting between Lan and Tam, for some reason I have a feeling they know each other. I mean Tam is a blade master, and he would be awesome. I just get the idea of Tam following Perrin's small army of Two River's men and I'm fairly sure he'll pick up the Saldeans. I'm thinking that Tam would be there. But I can see alot of time spent to Tam and Rand's reconnection in this next book.

I just see Tam walking up on Rand out of nowhere and sitting down on a ledge somewhere as night is coming. He doesn't say anything at first he just sits down pulls out his pipe and fills it and lights it. And just sits there. Finally he breaks the silence, and they begin talking, the end result is of course Rand breaking through his exterior finally and crying into Tam's shoulder. I think that would be really cool.

But we have to remember who really got Rand started on this cold, removed, unfeeling path he's on. Lan. And even Lan has broken his exterior before. Once in the Waste when he ran to Moiraine, and then again when Moiraine died. He's been telling him all along to remain closed and away from those he loves to save them his death. And yet even the great Lan didn't follow his own adivce.

Well that's some more ideas I've got.

Is Tam really a blademaster??? When was this ever revealed, because I thought he found the blade or purchased it.

Second, as much as I would like to see Rand and Tam together one last time, I won't be dissapointed if it doesn't happen... so long as the loose end is taken care of via Tam being involved with Rand's children if Rand should die.

Is Tam really a blademaster??? When was this ever revealed' date=' because I thought he found the blade or purchased it.

quote']

It was revealed in The Great Hunt by Moraine to Siun Sanche(still Amrylin) when she explained Rand's birth. Tam rose to a the level of captain and Blademaster of Illian's army(the personal guard, equivilent of Tear's defenders but i cant remember the name right now).

Also, Rand, Galad, and Gawyn are all blademasters too. And before anyone contradicts me they have each killed at least one blademaster, which is one way to become a blademaster. Wonder how Tam did it? Killed or judged by a panel of blademasters?

I'm not too sure where it is mentioned but i'm pretty darn sure rj mentions himself in the narrative or someone else does mention in one of the books that he was a blademaster. I would very much like to see Tam back in the books since we havent seen him since perrin was in the two rivers, and I was absolutly loving that whole two rivers bit in TSR. I think he will definatly come back in the last book and play some role big or small. Hopefully big though. It seems kind of silly to think that a character like that would just be tossed aside less than halfway through the series and never seen again.

I would like to see Tam come back and lead some of Rand's army. It would be pretty cool if he joined the Band of the Redhand. Maybe he could be Mat's second in command. However, I do not seriously think that this will happen. If he has not played a big role up to this point I doubt we will see much of him, if at all, in the last book.

Well, Jordan did bring him back to help Perrin out along with some Two Rivers men in Knife of Dreams, so we could actually be some more of him. He could Travel with Perrin to where Rand is. What happens then I don't know but I do feel very confident that we'll be seeing more of Tam, there have been references to him in the past books, I can't say where they are, because a) I've read the series once, b) I'm in London so I've only got the last two in the series here with me, and I'm not about to go out and buy them all again.

Tam is already in command of at least some part of the Two Rivers army isn't he? I think he is anyway, may be wrong and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am.

And on the subject of Blademasters I'm not too sure that it was actually stated that any of the Warders, or anyone that Gawyn killed, was even a Blademaster.

I don't think that Hamar was a Blademaster. There was a part when Mat was at the White Tower after he was healed from his time with the daggar of Shadar Logoth when he beat the crap out of two students with a bow stave while they both had swords (I think the two students were Gawyn and Galad). And Hamar asks them about the story of some blademaster who was too proud of his skill and his only defeat was earned from a country boy with a bow stave.

Other than that I don't remember reading anything about him specifically being a blademaster, there may have been mention from an Aes Sedai when Gawyn and his soldiers were riding with them, that they found it shocking he had killed a blademaster or something like that I can't really remember. But then again, we do know that Galad is one and that Rand is one, both of them killing a blademaster. We also know that Lan is one, despite not having a power wrought sword. The reason we know this is because he tell Rand at the beginning of the second book, in five years I could make your worthy of that sword (speaking of the heron marked blade, recieved to him by his father). It would take a blade master to train a blade master in my opinion. Then of course we also know that Tam is one, because of Moiraine's evidence to the fact.

However I've always wondered what the connection, or if there even is one, between Lan and Tam. I don't know but I felt that they had seen or met each other before when they saw each other in the Two Rivers. Anyone else have that feeling?

The students Mat beat were Gawin and Galad and it was with a regular staff that his father thought him to use back home not a bow staff.

And if you said Lan has to be a blade master to train rand to be one then the same goes for hammar.

I dont understand what the story about the blade master who was defeated by a farmer has to do with it...

Lan does have a power wrought sword just without the heron mark.

I dont think Tam has any connection to Lan except that they both fought in the aiel war.

Archived