DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Discuss Rand

Luckers

Now that we have Rand2.0, we have the not mad LTT too. If you just read the book you can find the difference yourself even without any of Rand(LTT) POV

Sorry but I haven't joined Rand Al'Thor fan group. I read WOT series.

And confused the old Rand with Rand2.0. Now I understand you not getting the point. Rand has changed. Get along with it.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that we have Rand2.0, we have the not mad LTT too. If you just read the book you can find the difference yourself even without any of Rand(LTT) POV

And confused the old Rand with Rand2.0. Now I understand you not getting the point. Rand has changed. Get along with it.

Probably confused more by your...posts..but yes someone should close this thread..

What's got you so set on this bowing business? Kneeling implies he would be less than even the people he is making demands of. How can you follow the demands of some one who is less than you? Again it makes absolutely no sense and that's part of why Aviendha's vision of the future when he bows to Tuon resulted in failure.

There's no way he can kneel/bow to the Seanchan and still retain equal footing with them or his people, as he has taken to calling everyone.

He knelt out of sheer desperation I bet. I guess he thought that Seanchan were better than Shadow.

I agree. But this time it would be different. He will not fall under desperation anymore.

What's got you so set on this bowing business? Kneeling implies he would be less than even the people he is making demands of. How can you follow the demands of some one who is less than you? Again it makes absolutely no sense and that's part of why Aviendha's vision of the future when he bows to Tuon resulted in failure.

There's no way he can kneel/bow to the Seanchan and still retain equal footing with them or his people, as he has taken to calling everyone.

I like the "pretend AS" thing the most;)

He knelt out of sheer desperation I bet. I guess he thought that Seanchan were better than Shadow.

I agree. But this time it would be different. He will not fall under desperation anymore.

LOL. This time? When was the first time?

Previous turning I guess. The age 3 before current one.

Are you saying that after every 7 cycle Rand (Dragon) does the same thing ? What Avi saw will happen in this story, the one we are reading..

Are you saying that after every 7 cycle Rand (Dragon) does the same thing ? What Avi saw will happen in this story, the one we are reading..

After every 7 cycle Rand tries to correct his previous mistakes and tries to avoid making a new one.

IMO Avy will tell him and he will make sure to fix it this time. It happened last time.

Yeah, he's changed, but not in the way you think. You're taking things way to literally.

I'm not sure I like the new Rand. If I don't, will he come APOLOGISE to me? :biggrin:

To the proponents of the 'Light Power' theory - If Rand is channeling some new power, how come the Asha'man can see it? Why don't the AS see it? Why doesn't he give this information to Min when he asks her to solve the Sealing the Bore problem? It's much easier to believe that he's still channeling Saidin.

I think his "light power" for lack of a better term has nothing to do with his channeling abilities. Although I do think he got a boost there in his natural strength and efficiency earned through LTT's memories.

The light power is what made that DF (Bashere's cousin, forgot his name) gouge out his eyes and his wife jump out the window. Dark Friend repellent, if you will. :biggrin:

Avienha's visions show that the Aiel people DIDN'T follow Rands example. They rebelled specifically his children, which are the children of Avienha. Aviendha is shown how first the Aiel failed in the past as followers of the leaf and then how they'll fail in the future. It's Avienhas destiny ti keep her people from being destroyed by pride and the Seanchans. I think Rand will definitely kneel before Toun.

One of the prophecies mentions that the Dragon reborn will"bind the tower of nine moons...". As we are shown Toun is Sul'damane meaning that she can channel. I have a feeling Rand will bind her via a Warder's bond. Toun in turn will bind Rand in a fealty oath. We dont know the form of the oath and should remember that the Seanchan have their own set of prophecies for the dragon reborn.

On Rands children with Avienha and Mins prophecy...I think what will be odd is that the 4 children will look different. 2 of them will share Rands characteristics and 2 will share Lews Therins.

I'll make another prediction... Rand will be compelled via the 13x13 rule to serve as the vessel for the dark one's will. I don't ever think that's there will be an actual physical shaitan. Much like the imagery of the wolf dream that perrin had... rand will turn "dark" and I think the only thing that will breaks those chains will be the "...blood of the dragon", namely the births of Elaynes children.

Yeah, he's changed, but not in the way you think. You're taking things way to literally.

What do you think I think? I am just stating the fact. Rand has changed. No point bringing up his old mistakes and try to judge him. So, to get the new Rand you need to read ToM instead of referring to rest of the series.

Avienha's visions show that the Aiel people DIDN'T follow Rands example. They rebelled specifically his children, which are the children of Avienha. Aviendha is shown how first the Aiel failed in the past as followers of the leaf and then how they'll fail in the future. It's Avienhas destiny ti keep her people from being destroyed by pride and the Seanchans. I think Rand will definitely kneel before Toun.

One of the prophecies mentions that the Dragon reborn will"bind the tower of nine moons...". As we are shown Toun is Sul'damane meaning that she can channel. I have a feeling Rand will bind her via a Warder's bond. Toun in turn will bind Rand in a fealty oath. We dont know the form of the oath and should remember that the Seanchan have their own set of prophecies for the dragon reborn.

On Rands children with Avienha and Mins prophecy...I think what will be odd is that the 4 children will look different. 2 of them will share Rands characteristics and 2 will share Lews Therins.

I'll make another prediction... Rand will be compelled via the 13x13 rule to serve as the vessel for the dark one's will. I don't ever think that's there will be an actual physical shaitan. Much like the imagery of the wolf dream that perrin had... rand will turn "dark" and I think the only thing that will breaks those chains will be the "...blood of the dragon", namely the births of Elaynes children.

I have a freaking theory about Tuon collaring Rand and Rand binding her through the collar using reverse bind.

Ask Mogehiden if Rand can be "collared". Even the male collar doesn't work on rand any longer. Why? Cause he can not only access the true source, but sever other connections to it.

What would shatter the Seanchans entire culture ...Toun herself being collared and then rand kneeling before her.

Ask Mogehiden if Rand can be "collared". Even the male collar doesn't work on rand any longer. Why? Cause he can not only access the true source, but sever other connections to it.

What would shatter the Seanchans entire culture ...Toun herself being collared and then rand kneeling before her.

This is an excellent theory. Tuon being collared would freak out Seanchans. But I doubt she could be collared though. This collaring may have something to do with want.

After every 7 cycle Rand tries to correct his previous mistakes and tries to avoid making a new one.

IMO Avy will tell him and he will make sure to fix it this time. It happened last time.

I like that but the wheel is a circle pattern not a spiral one or is it ?

I like that but the wheel is a circle pattern not a spiral one or is it ?

It is a circle that moves resulting in greater and greater displacement from the original spin,which is why the DO can win and why this cycle is the closest he has gotten to it.So , in a sense, it IS a spiral.

I'm not sure I like the new Rand. If I don't, will he come APOLOGISE to me? :biggrin:

To the proponents of the 'Light Power' theory - If Rand is channeling some new power, how come the Asha'man can see it? Why don't the AS see it? Why doesn't he give this information to Min when he asks her to solve the Sealing the Bore problem? It's much easier to believe that he's still channeling Saidin.

I´m not sure if channeling is the right word for what Rand does with it. I also doubt that it´s fully within his control. But what´s really interesting is that darkfriends obviously are able to see it - and they can´t stand it. The reaction from Weiramon and that woman (forgotten the name) spoke volumes. And the reaction from the darkfriend in Maradon... so when Rand just stands there and doesn´t channel, it´s already visible. But when he channels, it´s blinding to them and hurts them really, really bad. What will it do to a Forsaken or even to the DO?

I think of the Light mostly as some kind of divine power, usually reserved for the Dragon Reborn and his special task. And only given to him if he asks for it. LTT should have asked before he went to Shayol Gul. Why didn´t he do it? Didn´t he have the memories of the Dragon incarnation before him?

Didn´t he have the memories of the Dragon incarnation before him?

No, I don't think LTT had any inclination of there even being a Dragon before him. Looking back at the Prologue to EotW, Ishy mentioned that the two of them were spit out again and again by the Wheel, but I don't LTT's thoughts (the POV was LTT's) echoed this at all. Of course, in the Prologue, LTT was bat-nuts, but I think if he was aware of a Dragon before him he'd at least have reacted to Ishy's comment.

As to the 'Light Power' that Rand supposedly 'uses', i'd like to point out that it is a common thing in old stories that light reveals evil. Which is ALL we have seen done by Rand's Light.

"Almost all evil deeds and intents are begun with the thought that they can be hidden by deceit." The kingdom of evil is built on lies, secrets, and darkness. It requires the absence of light to survive. Thus, for all it's fearsome appearance, the kingdom of evil is structurally very weak. Turn on the light, and the cockroaches scramble to go under the refrigerator."

Dallas Willard

"This is the judgment: that light has entered the world, and men have preferred darkness to light because their deeds were evil. Everybody who does wrong hates the light and keeps away from it, for fear his deeds may be exposed. But everybody who is living by the truth will come to the light to make it plain that all he has done has been done through God."

John 3:19-21

and NUMEROUS others. And I don't think there's any denying that Rand is rather Messiah like.

I'm a huge fan of the new Rand. He was becoming progressively just an evil person working for the "greater good", and we know how thats turned out from our own world. Hes finally realizing what, and who he is. That he isn't just hearing Lews Therin's thoughts, but that he really is Lews Therin. Hes definitely much more of a "champion" for the Creator now, rather than just the one who's supposed to be fighting for the Creator.

Archived