DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Call for WoT Researchers

Mystica

Open Call for Freelanders Researchers

The Freelanders RP Group is looking for researchers to help with the creation of a resource website for the various nations and cultures from WOT-Land for Role Playing purposes. The research will be mainly antropology in nature.

Note: anyone can apply, you don't need to be a roleplayer.

1. Mainland nations Researchers

These researchers will each take on one nation for which they will collect referenced material on that nation’s cultural enheritance such as particular dress codes, traditions, number of noble houses (no names), geographical mapping (including names of towns, villages, rivers, streams, hills, mountains, etc), local holidays, beliefs, sayings, greetings, language, superstitions, etc.

The nations are: Arafel, Saldea, Shienar, Cairhien, Tear, Altara, Andor, Illian, Murandy, Amadicia, Ghealdan, Arad Doman, Tarabon

2. Cultural Researchers

These researchers will provide additional referenced information on the already existing resources on their appointed culture’s website.

The cultures are: Aiel, Seafolk, Seanchan, Tinkers and Ogier.

This resource website will play a big part in shaping the landscape for the Role Play environment of the Portal Stone World on Dragonmount.com.

As such, we are aiming for high quality, high reliability and high accuracy.

I am looking for serious and committed people that are willing to put in the necessary effort to do this right and don’t shy from extensive research work which includes going through the official resources to find the necessary references. People who take pride in the quality and reliability of their work and have a certain level of responsibility towards those that are counting on them.

Researchers who make a significant contribution to this goal will receive a permanent reference on the website and (in case they are active role players) gain the privelege of playing an NSW training character in the Freelanders’ Guild of their choice, effectively making them Training Staff for that particular Guild.

Applications

If you are interested in one of the above mentioned positions, send me a pm with the following information:

Title of pm: ‘Application for FL Mainland/Cultural Researcher’

Motivation: why you wish to take this on

Intended research method: what you have in mind on how you’ll go about it

RP info: are you an active Role Player (not mandatory for this position)? Which Division (RP Groups) do you belong to with what characters? Are you interested in playing an NSW training character and if so for which Guild?

There is no deadline to this application. Depending on the number of researchers that we find, we'll take applications on a case to case basis.

Mystica,

Freelanders RP Group Leader

I have a problem with using the messaging system on DM still, so I am trying to send an email to submit a bio.

I know Eqwina is the bio checker (at least I read that) and tried to email FLDiv@gmail.com, only to have my email returned. I don't know what's going on but can I post anything on the boards?

send it to freelandersrp@gmail.com instead, Jagen. The FLDiv one is a DM email account (which we were forced to use) so I'm guessing it's also down due to the same reason the pm system is down. It forwards everything to the freelandersrp one anyway, so use that one by default and you shouldn't have any problems.

The DM email accounts are not down. They're not hosted on DM, they're run by Google. I checked them this morning and they're all running fine, so I don't know why the email was being returned.

Edit: I just noticed Jagen said FLDiv@gmail.com... it should be FLDiv@dragonmount.com.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

This doesn't apply any more, I don't think, Jagen. It's an old thread, something Myst was doing when she was the RGL. I've just been amalgamating boards and pinned threads and it's dragging a lot of older stuff back to the forefront. Not sure what Kronos' plans are going forward but if he decides to do anything with this, I'm sure he'll let you know. :smile: