DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Reading WoT

shadow walker

So when you are reading the books whether they be for the first time or doing a re-read do you do anything special while you do it? for example I like to listen to music when I read, but not just any music it has to be harder music like craddle of filth, or older slipknot.

anyone have any odd or maybe unusual ways to read WoT? :wink:

Well up until recently I would have to lock myself in a room and read in COMPLETE silence lol TV or music would distract me. But recently I've found that I'm able to read fine on the bus. And since I spend around 4 hours a day on a bus... it's actually rather cool.

As for reading WoT, I've only read it all once. Started around 1999. But recently I've decided to start a re-read and currently I'm on p.400 on Eye of the World lol It's really cool, I admit, seeing as the last time I touched it was more than 10 years ago. So in a way, it's like reading it for the first time ^_^

Nyn

Well up until recently I would have to lock myself in a room,TURN THE CHAIR TO THE CORNER AND DRINK BY MYSELF WHILE I read in COMPLETE silence lol TV or music would distract me. But recently I've found that I'm able to read fine on the bus. And since I spend around 4 hours a day on a bus... it's actually rather cool.

As for reading WoT, I've only read it all once. Started around 1999. But recently I've decided to start a re-read and currently I'm on p.400 on Eye of the World lol It's really cool, I admit, seeing as the last time I touched it was more than 10 years ago. So in a way, it's like reading it for the first time ^_^

Nyn

Fixed.

Well I believe I started reading the WoT books in about October of 2005, I had finished all of them up to that point around April of 2006 and then joined Dragonmount around then in order to find out when the next book would come out (And interact some more with some of the witty members over at SG :P)

• 2 weeks later...

I need pure silence, i turn off my phone, shut all the windows and close the door to my room. make my bed up neat and tidy and ALWAYS have the big book with bad art next to what ever WoT book i'm reading incase i find something that i don't know about the series....i know....how could i not know something about the series???

but yeah, i love music but i realy cabn't read with it on...i've tryed and failed...it;s like i have to read lines in time with the music and stuff....meh it's just weird i'm abit to musical to not get immersed in the music.

When I read, I like either to soak in a boilingly hot bath in a room scarcely lit by five candles and otherwise lightless, or on the back porch by a nice campfire in the fire pit with the cold winter air freezing my lovehandles in the back and a steaming cup of hot mulled wine on the patio table.

Yeah I have had not-so-great experiences with books in bathtubs...I still read in ther though :rolleyes:

I like to put the audiobooks on my iTouch then hit the old country backroads for some serious driving. Is that odd?

That sounds kind of awesome actually. I don't ahve any of the audio books, but I want them now, because it would be great to listen to them while driving. I just drove cross country from California to Texas and I really wished I had one.

I started reading WOT in 2003 I believe, CoT had just come out. I don't think I did a reread until a couple years ago, and I just did another one before TOM. And I haven't read all of the BWB yet lol.

Archived