DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

tEotW - My first read

Dralid

How accurate are Dralid's observations?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How accurate are Dralid's observations?

• Surprisingly good
    • Within the ballpark
    • A gem here and there
    • Is he reading the same book as us?
    • Stop making polls and get back to reading!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say I hope that you continue to read and enjoy. I had started my reread too (I had only got to book 10 before I stopped the first time), I figured that I would wait to start it until the series was closer to being finished to start again. You are definitely seeing things that I didn't see the first or third time around with EotW either.

I have to say I hope that you continue to read and enjoy. I had started my reread too (I had only got to book 10 before I stopped the first time), I figured that I would wait to start it until the series was closer to being finished to start again. You are definitely seeing things that I didn't see the first or third time around with EotW either.

I think I try, subconsciously, not to solve the riddles in any given story. it is like I'm preparing for a re-read and want some goodies then as well! :) I still return and read Eddings' work and find it just frikkin' awesome. ;)

Curiousity killed the cat. But I can see that you are one of those people who are eager to know stuff and that is fine! It will give you a lot of good moments while reading sections for which you have guessed the outcome.. ;) let us know more!

Blood and bloody ashes, this is amazing.

I know for a fact not many people here were half as observant as you are being, i know i wasn't.

It's brilliant, because it makes me all sentimental going back 5-6 years ago to when i was in your same position just loving every step of the story. Some of your guesses are waaaaaay of and some of them are frightningly close to the reality, i'm not gonna tell you which though, that would be mean. Savor the first 3-4 books because there is now way you'll be able to keep this up past a certain point, the story just gets wayyyy too complex :blink:

Kudos to what your doing so far reading your new chapter posts make me go warm and fuzzy with memories of what has got to be the best intro to the best set of books ever! damn, i wish i could go back and get the mind wipe done, i'm actualy soo jelous of what your doing!

may the light shine on you sir!

Dunno if im wrong, but there is something special about that first myrdraal in the inn, at least one think is described clearly and that is that he is smiling.

The reason why the trollocs trash when Lan have chopped the head of the myrdraal is because sometimes the myrdraal somehow links themselves to the trollocs. If the myrdraal dies, the trollocs dies :) As if the trollocs werent enough afraid of the myrdraal in the first place, they now risks to die if they decide to backstab him.

Dunno if im wrong, but there is something special about that first myrdraal in the inn, at least one think is described clearly and that is that he is smiling.

The reason why the trollocs trash when Lan have chopped the head of the myrdraal is because sometimes the myrdraal somehow links themselves to the trollocs. If the myrdraal dies, the trollocs dies :) As if the trollocs werent enough afraid of the myrdraal in the first place, they now risks to die if they decide to backstab him.

could be SH, RJ states he is the one present in the meeting in prologue tGH. Mind you that seems impossible since SH seems to only be around darkfriends.

GAH! Cannot find a peaceful place to read. With my new job schedule, the people I live with are all actively buzzing around me when I have time off. This makes it nearly impossible to get through more than a few paragraphs at a time.

I'm halfway through the chapter, and am trying to read more, but I cannot concentrate.... :(

GAH! Cannot find a peaceful place to read. With my new job schedule, the people I live with are all actively buzzing around me when I have time off. This makes it nearly impossible to get through more than a few paragraphs at a time.

I'm halfway through the chapter, and am trying to read more, but I cannot concentrate.... :(

Take your time mate. While we are all enthusiastic about this thread and love following your posts, we can live without it.

(Sorry, it sounds a bit crude, but that was not the intention)

What I mean to say is that this is YOUR experience. You should not worry about posting updates or worring about how slow you are reading it.

Enjoy the book at your own pace, dont rush things, I am sure every one of us here would rather you enjoy the books thoroughly rather than get fast paced updates.

Anyway, hope you get what I am saying, I rather think I made a mess of the wording.

Keep enjoying your experience!

well, in actuality, he can't help but see some spoilers simply being on this site. The titles of some threads contain certain things that contain spoilers. It would be impossible to avoid all

It's amazing. Because he can't technically avoid spoiler (which is simple by direct link to this thread), you think it is allowed to spoil him IN HIS OWN THREAD??? After everybody agreed not to speak of event taking place after the last entered chapters? Sorry, but it's intolerance and irrespect for me.

@Dralid : I agree with Barid Bel Medar. Take your time.

well, in actuality, he can't help but see some spoilers simply being on this site. The titles of some threads contain certain things that contain spoilers. It would be impossible to avoid all

It's amazing. Because he can't technically avoid spoiler (which is simple by direct link to this thread), you think it is allowed to spoil him IN HIS OWN THREAD??? After everybody agreed not to speak of event taking place after the last entered chapters? Sorry, but it's intolerance and irrespect for me.

@Dralid : I agree with Barid Bel Medar. Take your time.

To my defense i never named who i thought he was. I just said it was odd with a smiling myrdraal. :)

Anyhow, as said, always fun to read threads like this. There is a very very very long thread over at Brandon Sandersons forums aswell, u might have to go digg abit. Though i think the guy who was rereading there have read through all the books now, so you cant step in and encourage him :D But im sure he'll be happy if u bump it for him.

Edit found it, until Dralid got time for us again :tongue:

http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6206.0

New Rules for this thread regarding spoilers:

Please refrain from posting about events ahead of where I've read. Although I do not mind extra hints and clues, it is apparent that other members reading this thread do mind. As we are one community, I ask you respect their wishes.

Conversely, Please refrain from reprimanding other posters in this thread about spoilers they've posted. It is now considered off-topic. If you believe someone has said too much, please PM them asking they modify or remove their statement or in extreme cases appeal to a moderator. By bringing my attention to a spoiler posted by someone else, you've effectively posted the spoiler yourself.

Thank you for being respectful of these rules and of other members of the WoT community, and I look forward to posting new notes soon!

Oh. I understand. And I agree with you. So pleave forgive me fr pointing it. And I shall admit I first cosnsidered PMing them, but thought it would be better to do it in the thread, without thinking it could be against your own good.

I shall submit to your penance :)

I just hope it won't be making me wait a year before having the possibility to read a new post in this thread ;)

You've got some very excellent insights into things, and some that are way off, as everyone has said. Keep going, you've hit on a lot of great stuff. As to the Whitecloaks, the best way to explain it is that they're fanatics. Their hearts are in the right place but they take it a bit too far, as you have sort of already seen.

Archived