DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are the most distinctive visuals for you all throughout the series?

GYLD

The Heroes of the Horn riding out of the mist with the three Ta'veren leading the charge.

WOW!!!

Rand's reveal as HWCWTD at Alcair Dal.

Birgitte shooting arrows at Nynaeve as a performance for Valan Luca's circus.

The look on Weilin Aldragoran's face.

The CK in Cairhien lighting up during the Cleansing, as witnessed by Barmellin.

The peak of Dragonmount bathed in light from the sun shining through a break in the clouds.

I've another one of my own to add. Mat finds a nearly catatonic Joline in Ebou Dar and then decides to pretend to be her lover to hide her face once Seanchan come into the inn. Once the coast is clear, Mat tries standing up only to find that Joline is not letting go and he is forced to walk around with her wrapped around him. Tense, insightful, and hilarious all at once.

I've another one of my own to add. Mat finds a nearly catatonic Joline in Ebou Dar and then decides to pretend to be her lover to hide her face once Seanchan come into the inn. Once the coast is clear, Mat tries standing up only to find that Joline is not letting go and he is forced to walk around with her wrapped around him. Tense, insightful, and hilarious all at once.

I agree. Who would have ever thought an Aes Sedai could admit (albeit non-verbally) to actually needing help.

I also want to add Tuon trying to negotiate with Rand.

- Mat taking both Galad and Gawyn with his quaterstaff,

- The sounding of the Horn,

- Perrin working at the forge at the end of TDR,

- Rand taking up Callandor and shouting for everyone to stop,

- Rand pursuing Asmodean,

- HOW FARES THIS WORLD?,

- The arrival of Mazrim Taim at the beginning of LoC,

- Dumai's Wells,

- The Aes Sedai kneeling at the end of LoC,

- Mat liberating the damane and kidnapping Tuon,

- Graendal taking both Cyndane and Moghedien in compulsion nets,

- The cleansing,

- The coming of the wolves at Malden and Galina histerically thinking "the man had come",

- Tsutama bloody agreeing to the bloody bonding of bloody Ashaman,

- Rand and Logain throwing Deathgates and BoF at trollocs,

- Pevara's arrival at the BT,

- Mat's "Aes Sedai, they're Aes Sedai, don't think of them as women" to Talmanes when coming to the rescue of Joline / Teslyn / Edesina at Hindertap,

- Verin's "After all I am of the Black Ajah"

- Egwene'defense of the WT,

- Nynaeve sniffing.

I thought of one more - the triple-bonding scene in WH.  From the beginning, when Rand arrives with Min and thinks her beautiful, and she gets all suspicious about his intentions, to Nyneave and Lan greeting Rand with Lan ready to strike at any point and Rand being harder than ever, to Lan "beginning an intense study of the contents of his pipe bowl" when the harem arrives and confronts Rand and they all profess love for each other, to Rand spilling wine all over himself and the veins of gold (I love the reactions of the three women to Rand's crippling state), to Min and Aviendha talking with Birgitte.

What an amazing scene.  The dialogue, the construction, the emotion - it's all flawless.

I thought of one more - the triple-bonding scene in WH.  From the beginning, when Rand arrives with Min and thinks her beautiful, and she gets all suspicious about his intentions, to Nyneave and Lan greeting Rand with Lan ready to strike at any point and Rand being harder than ever, to Lan "beginning an intense study of the contents of his pipe bowl" when the harem arrives and confronts Rand and they all profess love for each other, to Rand spilling wine all over himself and the veins of gold (I love the reactions of the three women to Rand's crippling state), to Min and Aviendha talking with Birgitte.

What an amazing scene.  The dialogue, the construction, the emotion - it's all flawless.

lol, I was just going to post this exact scene. Nynaeve's reaction to Rand when he tells all 3 that he loves them is priceless!

lol, I was just going to post this exact scene. Nynaeve's reaction to Rand when he tells all 3 that he loves them is priceless!

Inorite?  :)

And how she squeaks and sniffs and pulls on her braid as they each tell Rand they love him back.  Awesomeness.

"Rand Al'Thor, you apologize right now!"  Hilarious.

Inorite?  :)

And how she squeaks and sniffs and pulls on her braid as they each tell Rand they love him back.  Awesomeness.

"Rand Al'Thor, you apologize right now!"  Hilarious.

If you watch Bleach, watch the scene where Ichigo fights Byakuya for the first time. Byakuya gets a look on his face that is exactly how I pictured Nynaeve's and Lan's in this scene lol.

1.The Cleansing - My favorite scene in the entire series both overall and visually.

2.Dumai's wells- Aiel exploding everywhere, epic.

3.The Horn of Valere Vs. The Seanchan-  The fog and the Heroes makes it such a captivating scene.

4.Mat vs. Gawyn and Galad in Tar Valon - I just love seeing Mat own anytime during the series. Visually this is my favorite one.

5.The Battle of Edmond's field - There is a particular part I love about Verin just channeling all over and Tomas face-rolling all Trollocs in his area.

Holy cow you guys have got a lot of scenes here. Lets see.

1. The first charge against the Trollocs and Myrdraal when Mat calls out in the old tongue.

2. "Asha Man. Kill!" Just that phrase right there. The scene that ensues is awesome but just that phrase is awesome. Just shows exactly what the Asha'man are.

3. Where Rand tells min that Herid Fel is dead.

4. In the WoD when Elayne and Egwene are walkin through Emonds Field an they see all the changes.

5. Loial singing to Someshta to preserve the tree and the tie in later when Rand is in the glass columns and they show the Aes Sedai of yore askin Someshta to take on this final task. "It's not what you were meant for"

Keep'em comin! This is great!

Not going to repeat all the great scenes already posted, so I'll post some smaller one's.

- A conversation with the dragon.  Maybe this was just because I had a lot of "FFS just talk to each other" moments back in the previous and certainly the earlier books. 

- The audience of Rand with Morgasse, all of it.

- Mat exposing his military insight and Rand's cold realisation that he'll use him and won't be able to help it.

- Perrin crushing the cup (also the already mentioned visit to the smithy in TDR)

- Mat's spank-o-matic approach to the channeling women in the cart, on the run from E-D (also the Joline moment already mentioned)

All a bit less flashy, but certainly visualised in my mind

After a time, Ingtar spoke again, firmly. "There has to be a price, Rand. There is always a price. Perhaps I can pay it here."

"Ingtar, I-"

"It is every man's right, Rand, to choose when to Sheath the Sword. Even one like me."

"Go, Rand," Ingtar said. He turned to face the street and did not look at Rand or Hurin again. "Take the Horn where it belongs. I always knew the Amyrlin should have given you the charge. But all I ever wanted was to keep Shienar whole, to keep us from being swept away and forgotten."

"I know, Ingtar." Rand drew a deep breath. The Light shine on you, Lord Ingtar of House Shinowa, and may you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand." He touched Ingtar's shoulder. "The last embrace of the mother welcome you home." Hurin gasped.

"Thank you," Ingtar said softly. A tension seemed to go out of him. For the first time since the night of the Trolloc raid on Fal Dara, he stood as he did when Rand first saw him, confident and relaxed. Content.

Rand turned and found Hurin staring at him, staring at both of them. "It is time for us to go."

"But Lord Ingtar-"

"-does what he has to," Rand said sharply. "But we go." Hurin nodded, and Rand trotted after him. Rand could hear the steady tread of the Seanchan's boots now. He did not look back. The Great Hunt, Chapter 46

That particular bolded line always makes me get dust in my eye. It's a small thing, but this scene stands out in my mind across the many, many years since I first picked up the series. This scene's the reason I enjoyed TGS so much, because for the first time in essentially decades, we saw *redemption*

Moreover, this scene, rather than the drawing of Callandor, or the Alcair Dal, or even the unfurling of the banner at the sounding of the Horn only a few pages later, is the real beginning of Rand accepting who and what he is. Not the Dragon Reborn, per se, but a leader of men. As a historian by training, and in particular, having spent a lot of time dealing with military history, this *moral* courage is far, far rarer than the ability to throw one's self into the fray. This scene is the first - and in my opinion, one of the few - where our hero has to put the objective and the greater good above the lives of his friends. For me, Rand's reaction here is indicative of what LTT's memories - before reintegration - were trying to tell him, but he refused to listen.

That you can mourn your friends, and feel terrible for sacrificing them, but rather than wallowing in self pity or retreating into callousness, you can honor them by further deeds and daring in the service of the cause for which they gave their lives. Because otherwise their sacrifice really was in vain.

ohhh! Didn't think of that one! Good Pick.

One that stuck out for me that makes me laugh is when Mat pulls the whole "I'm Luke Skywalker! I'm here to rescue you!" and the wonder-girls go all hair pully and sniffy on the guy. hahaha Or better. When Thom screams like a girl because Mat cuts open a fire cracker. Hahahaha

Anyhow, what I mean by that, is what moments in the series really jump out at you, so much so that the image of what you're reading is ingrained in your mind. Bleh, I wish I could articulate that better, but hopefully that's good enough.

You have to love the irony of someone actually able to properly use the word 'articulate' having difficulty articulating something.

I concur.  ;)

The scene where Mat is talking about turning Mr. Luhhan's hounds white for some prank always makes me laugh. 

The scene where the peddler sinks into the ground when Mat is running from Ebou Dar comes to mind.

The cleansing of saidin was awesome with so much jumping around. 

The scene where Lews Therin takes over Rand and they kill thousands of Trollocs, especially with Lews complaining about his hands not being raised.

One of my favs has to be Mat spanking Joline (at least I think it's Joline)

Perrin's bloodrage just prior to Aram taking a swing at him was pretty cool. 

One of my favs has to be Mat spanking Joline (at least I think it's Joline) 

I LOVE that part too!  And yes, it was Joline.  To elaborate a bit, I love that whole scene from the catfight among the women in that tiny wagon, to Mat spanking her and, my favorite part, when Mat walks down the steps with Beleric and Fen (Joline's warders) towering over him on either side.  I laugh thinking about Beleric's (or was it Fen?) shaved head that he is none too pleased about further adding to his grumpy mood.

Definitely one of my favorite Mat scenes.

Archived