DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

When Moiraine gets back

I don't think she will even flinch. "The pattern weaves as the pattern wills". It will be all a part of the entire plan from the begining she will think, and she would be partly correct. Anything could have happened, Egwene has a free-will of her own, yet she also is attracted towards certain ways of life.

Moiraine was the first to see the potential in Egwene. "If the girl shows as much initiative in Tar Valon, she thought wryly, she will sit in the Amyrlin Seat one day." She also witnesses Egwene growing into her strength--Moiraine starts treating Egwene as a relative equal in tFoH.

I doubt she'd be much fazed to see that 'one day' has come.

stupid question, but being in the waste did she actually KNOW of the split before she... well you know

She heard Siuan was stilled not long before she died. She accepted it and iirc Egwene got mad at Moiraine for apparently not even grieving one bit for her friend. Then Moiraine put the smack down on Egwene and Egwene left. Of course, I'm typing this at 4:45am so my memory may not be what it should be.

*Yea, what Luckers said.

I think the real question is how will Egwene react to Moiraine, as it will be Egwene who dictates how Moiraine reacts.  Personally, I expect Egwene to act how she has reacted to all others whom she has been granted power over.

Vindictiveness.

She will probably disappointed in Rand at seeing how far he has fallen from the light. Rand on the otherhand will most likely have the biggest mind-trip in this turn of the wheel. He starts off his list of all the women that have died for him with her and most of his guilt is placed upon her death. When she comes back he'll probably be hit with shock so bad you'll get whiplash from it in a vacuole

She will probably disappointed in Rand at seeing how far he has fallen from the light.

Rand was 'cured' on Dragonmount, afaik. He's now like Archangel Michael.

Moiraine wont be surprised about Egwene. She's naturally talented  to rule the AS intrigue and bullying club - cause that's what it basically is, I had more respect for the Children of the Light in that regard.

I really don't see the similarity?

I just wanted to say that Rand is now cured. He learned to laugh, love, and cry again in his spiritual moment at dragonmount.

But there actually is a connection to Archangel Michael too:

250px-Rottmayr-Engelsturz.jpg180px-Guido_Reni_031.jpg

Archangel Michael defeats Satan (Shaitan) 'aka the Dark One' on Judgment Day (final battle).

I just wanted to say that Rand is now cured. He learned to laugh, love, and cry again in his spiritual moment at dragonmount.

Which doesn't make him like St Michael :D!

But there actually is a connection to Archangel Michael too:

Archangel Michael defeats Satan (Shaitan) 'aka the Dark One' on Judgment Day (final battle).

There are actually a good few similarities.

St Michael is the field commander of the Army of God but he is also an angelic healer.  He holds these two positions and not in opposition to one another.  Much like Rand.  He has to not only be a general in the war against Chaos, he must also be a healer.  To the land and to the people.  But Rand has lost sight of the healing portion of his office (that of the Dragon).  There are also similarities between St Michael and Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings.  Aragorn was a great warrior but he was also a healer.  Notice when he first entered Minas Tirith he did not enter as King, he entered as a healer.

I do think some arguments could be made between the similarities between St Michael casting the fallen angels into the Shadow on the Last Day and Rand's battle with Shai'tan at Tarmon Gai'don.  Lucifier is a greater being than St Michael (in terms of power) much like Shai'tan is greater than Rand.  St Michael defeating Satan is due to God's divine Will and all being subject to it, even the fallen rebels.  It is because of God's divine Will and graces bestowed on St Michael that he will be able to defeat Satan.  But we know the Creator will not be taking an active part in this battle.  So it makes one wonder how Rand will be able to do what needs to be done.

To be honest, I think that's just reading too into things. There's a savior concept here that could parallel Saint Michael just because the idea is so generic. You can see that with the Aragorn - Michael comparison because Tolkien flat out stated that there was no symbolism in his books and any comparison to religion is coincidence.

Rand never showed any interest in healing. He's focus entirely on the Last Battle and his gift (if you can call it that) where the land is tied to his mood just screams impartiality to me.

There's a savior concept here that could parallel Saint Michael just because the idea is so generic.

But this couldn't parallel St Michael as St Michael is not a saviour, Christ is the saviour.

You can see that with the Aragorn - Michael comparison because Tolkien flat out stated that there was no symbolism in his books and any comparison to religion is coincidence.

Tolkien flat-out stated there is no allegory in his works and he also flat-out stated that his works were consciously Catholic in their reivision where as in the beginning they were not consciously so though the Catholicism was still present.

Rand never showed any interest in healing.

With the power, this is true.  But his office as a healer appears to be a necessary part of his Battle.  You don't need to use the power to heal.  Bridging the gaps between the female and male channelers is as much healing as curing a fever.

When Moiraine gets back their will be too much to worry about than touchy feely moments, her first Job will be to get to Rand.  She has a good idea whats happening and needs to make sure certain things are in place or have been completed.  Her rescue is part of what must happen.  They are all at a crossroad and Moiraine is needed to assist Rand in making the right decision in regards to which path they need to follow.

She had more than a foretelling when she went Thru Rhuidean. I believe she also saw all the possibilities regarding the outcome of the final battle.

There's a savior concept here that could parallel Saint Michael just because the idea is so generic.

But this couldn't parallel St Michael as St Michael is not a saviour, Christ is the saviour.

I think the Savior bit is referring to a theory about Rand being resurrected. Something like the Savior.

Archived