DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who would win?

Mat fought of six Aiel at once; sure he didn't actually defeat any but was able to show enough defensive capabilities to hold them off. How many other characters in the series can claim the same? Rand and Perrin wouldn't stand a chance. Perrin is far too slow; him swinging that hammer with as much force as he does would leave someone skilled a huge opening to just go at him.

Ive always thought that if Mat got pissed off, like really pissed off, he could come close to defeating anyone in close combat. He always has a casual laid-backness even when he is fighting; like when the beggars attacked him in Ebou Dar. If someone gave him a reason to actually fight, like if Rand or Lan stabbed Olver, they would be in for an extremely difficult battle.

I firmly believe we will see Mat go mental and nearly kill Gawyn. I dont think the Gawyn Galad VS Mat thing was for nothing. I believe Egwene will capture Tuon and put an a'dam on her, then Mat will go to rescue her and Gawyn will stand in his way, then... Playtime. I think Egwene will stop Mat killing Gawyn at the last moment, then Mat will convince Egwene to release Tuon, and the experiance will result in all damane under Tuons control being released, and possibly egwene will stop binding Aes Sedai with the oath rod(not that confidant about that part). I think this will be in aMoL, and will result in the Seanchan allying with Rand and co. For the Last Battle.

You're dreaming.  The release of damane is not necessary to the story.

I disagree. I can't see Egwene ever allying with the Seanchan while the damane were an issue, and even Mat would struggle to go along with the alliance. Look at how he fought to have the Aes Sedai collared in CoT and KoD. No way could he make himself part of a culture and society that does that to women.

Her alliance with the Seanchan is not necessary to the story.

Egwene has something like three dreams involving her with the Seanchan that suggest you may be wrong there. And like I said, Mat would never allow women to be treated that way. And his alliance is extremely neccessary I would say. Crucial, actually.

No egwene had the dream where seanchan attacked the white tower, and then a seanchan woman with a sword offering help to her.

Not even close to an alliance.

Mat has already bound the nine moons to him, so he's also finnished.

No egwene had the dream where seanchan attacked the white tower, and then a seanchan woman with a sword offering help to her.

Not even close to an alliance.

Mat has already bound the nine moons to him, so he's also finnished.

Not to mention the other dream she had where Rand confronted her and another woman, and that woman was Seanchan. And how a golden hawk touches her and they become tied. But your right, all these Seanchan dreams yet to be unfulfilled couldn't possibly mean that Egwene will have anything to do with the alliance. And neither will Mat.

A warrior always uses all weapons he has to his disposal. Rand would simply kill either of them before they came within two steps of him. To think Rand would abstain from using a weapon because it gives him an advantage is ludicrous.

I agree.

If this were a fight to the death(which I hope it wasn't originally), Rand would come to the battle holding the OP already because of the dizzy, sickness problem he has. If he became desperate enough he also has access to the TP via Mordin (who wouldn't allow Rand to be killed and WANTS the other two dead anyway). And while Mat has protection from direct channeling, there are ways to get around that as Ravin did.

But if this was a death match, Rand would simply refuse to participate because 1.He wouldn't kill his friends/allies, and 2. they are both needed for TG and after.

Archived