DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ok so i'm doing my first read of tgs [spoiler maybe]

Thor

reading about gawyn's thoughts about bonding and what not, i suddenly wondered, what happens if a warder is killed by balefire?

does the aes sedai sudden feel the sadness/pain before or after his death? if it's before, how do you feel pain before a time?

Are you wanting to be spoiled and that is why you put "spoilers maybe" in your title, or are you just wanting us to comment on your impressions as you read without giving anything away?  For now, I'll assume the latter, so as to not spoil it for you.

Your thoughts on Aviendha:  I think you're right.  They're trying to teach her confidence, but also "individuality."  She needs to be a leader and be able to make her own decisions, not just do whatever she's told all the time and never question it.

Forgot about Bashere getting "stuffed on a horse by the clan chiefs."

Very interesting thoughts on Warders being balefired.  I wonder if it would kill and Aes Sedai from the strange paradox; or if she would just never feel his death.  One second she feels bonded to him, the next second she's grieving his death, not understanding why she's no longer bonded to him.

]

Forgot about Bashere getting "stuffed on a horse by the clan chiefs."

Very interesting thoughts on Warders being balefired.  I wonder if it would kill and Aes Sedai from the strange paradox; or if she would just never feel his death.  One second she feels bonded to him, the next second she's grieving his death, not understanding why she's no longer bonded to him.

When I read that line I knew Bashere wasn't gonna last long.

I would think that it would be the latter.

ok finished the whole thing

epilogue was really really disappointing though.

overall was a blast. cadsuane is still a douchebag judging from her treatment of tam.

not enough forsaken pov in this book. can't wait for aviendha's test or for her return and rand will be in a good mood too, lucky her.

overall was a blast. cadsuane is still a douchebag judging from her treatment of tam.

not enough forsaken pov in this book. can't wait for aviendha's test or for her return and rand will be in a good mood too, lucky her.

I agree with you on the Forsaken POV's.  After that scene in the Prologue, I was hoping the book would have multiple Forsaken POV's.  Since the focus will be expanded in ToM, hopefully we'll see more of their POV's then.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to read? Seemed like you got through it relatively quick.  I got through it in 5 days in my first readthrough.

I agree with you on the Forsaken POV's.  After that scene in the Prologue, I was hoping the book would have multiple Forsaken POV's.  Since the focus will be expanded in ToM, hopefully we'll see more of their POV's then.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to read? Seemed like you got through it relatively quick.  I got through it in 5 days in my first readthrough.

You guys are crazy. This book is like a fine wine, you savour it, you don't gulp it down.

I've been taking like a month to read it, and am sad that there are only 3 chapters left for me.

You guys are crazy. This book is like a fine wine, you savour it, you don't gulp it down.

I've been taking like a month to read it, and am sad that there are only 3 chapters left for me.

I plan on savoring it during the re-read ;) In my case, I was so damn excited to have a new WOT book for the first time in 4 years that I couldn't stop reading it.  It'll probably even a quicker first read for Towers, LOL.

it was over too quickly really. shaidar harnan could have done more. and rand using true power was kind of lacking in introduction.

all in all i thought it was rather unmarkable.

meeting with tuon was more exciting than the whole domination band spiel.

and as for the time, it took like what 19 hours or something? i admit not reading every little bit about the scenery and weather and stuff, but that's always for the reread.

as for the time, it took like what 19 hours or something? i admit not reading every little bit about the scenery and weather and stuff, but that's always for the reread.

if you're such a fast reader, (the audio book takes 33 hours to listen to from beginning to end) and so excited to burn through this book....

then why in the world has it taken you so long to open it up? This thing has been on shelves for months.

I still think it's a shame for someone to read the book while skipping the details.

Why not just go to the forums and spoil yourself from everything, then read it?

Archived