DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Something Cool From Brandon Coming

Luckers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he's posting the WoK prologue.  Though I'd prefer something TOM-related, I'll be more than satisfied with WoK

Close. The three first chapters of WoK!

http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=blog&id=59463

My head is a bout to explode trying to decide if I should dive in and start reading, or wait for the full book...Gah!

I feel the same way.  I want to read this, but I don't want to wait 20 years for the conclusion...  So.  Torn.

Too bad it wasn't a Wheel of Time related thing.  Oh well, I don't think I'll be able to resist.

There will likely not be any serious WoT promotions until September or October. My conversations with Tor about Dragon*Con (which is the first weekend of September) have all been about what kinds of WoK promotions they'll be doing. There will probably be TofM promotions too, but as Dragon*Con will occur right in the middle of the signing tour for WoK, that's the focus right now.

Last year, Tor didn't really start talking to Jason and I about TGS promotions until mid-July.

Perhaps this isn't the best place to ask this, but I've been meaning to ask about whether or not Dragonmount is willing to make a board that is dedicated to the works of Brandon Sanderson's other books.

Not a "general discussion" or "pop culture" board, but an actual "Way of Kings discussion" board or "Brandon Sanderson:  Other Fantasy" board.

I really like discussions with everybody here, and I don't want to go somewhere else to discuss BS's books, but there IS a lot to discuss, and it would be cool to start some speculation/theory threads in a board dedicated to the Way of Kings.  I know this is a Wheel of Time fan site, but Wheel of Time will be over one day, and I would love to see this forum/site live on.

We've talked about it off and on since Brandon was announced to be completing the series. Jason and I are both big SanderFans now, and I think a good portion of WoT readers agree with us. But Jason and I agree that we don't want to suck traffic away from Brandon's official forum, or any other Sanderson based websites that might pop up in the future. We might revisit the idea in the future of adding a Sanderson board, but for now we're waiting to see if anyone else wants the job first.

That makes sense, but I've been on the Time Waisters Guide forums, and I don't particularly like them.  The people on there are really old Sanderson fans, who I have less in common with (WoT mostly).  Anyway, I don't think that there's anything wrong with having a fan-based forum dedicated to his works.  As a matter of fact, I think BS would support it, considering that it would probably bring him only more fans.

I hope ya'll decide soon!  In the mean time, I'll go to the official WoK thread you made in the General Discussion forum.

We've talked about it off and on since Brandon was announced to be completing the series. Jason and I are both big SanderFans now, and I think a good portion of WoT readers agree with us. But Jason and I agree that we don't want to suck traffic away from Brandon's official forum, or any other Sanderson based websites that might pop up in the future. We might revisit the idea in the future of adding a Sanderson board, but for now we're waiting to see if anyone else wants the job first.

Well, unless you want the website to die after AMoL comes out, I think you should do it.

EDIT: 1,000th Lances for Elayne!  :o

TheOneRing.net hasn't died and Tolkien hasn't been producing new material since...oh since he died, I guess.  Mugglenet.com is still around and kicking. We're not going anywhere. There will always be new readers for the Wheel of Time. There will be unanswered questions. There might even be a movie and we'll be at the forefront of reporting on it. But our future success doesn't depend on us becoming a SanderFansite. We might get a little smaller, but we won't go away.

I want Pevara scene IN ToM, so I hope it isn't Pevara (though I doubt it would be before the release of the main book).

Really, I don't understand how a 5-10 page PoV from Pevara wouldn't fit. I know there is an issue with room (too many plotlines dragged on far too long IMHO, Elayne, Faile's rescue), but the mystery at the BT and the sister's plight hasn't really been addressed since Toveine's PoV many books ago.

TheOneRing.net hasn't died and Tolkien hasn't been producing new material since...oh since he died, I guess.  Mugglenet.com is still around and kicking. We're not going anywhere. There will always be new readers for the Wheel of Time. There will be unanswered questions. There might even be a movie and we'll be at the forefront of reporting on it. But our future success doesn't depend on us becoming a SanderFansite. We might get a little smaller, but we won't go away.

His son produced new matieral but your point still stands, also might as well plug The Leaky Cauldron if your going to mention Mugglenet. *heh* I think a Sanderson board on this forum would be a really stand up thing to do, since he is finishing the series and could have said no. In fact he was even tempted to say no and that man has worked TIRELESSLY has probably had to endure slings and barbs from the fans who have hated what he's done with their beloved series. I think he's gotten a large amount of WoT fans who will read his books so it'd be nice to have some venue of it here. :)

His son produced new matieral but your point still stands, also might as well plug The Leaky Cauldron if your going to mention Mugglenet. *heh* I think a Sanderson board on this forum would be a really stand up thing to do, since he is finishing the series and could have said no. In fact he was even tempted to say no and that man has worked TIRELESSLY has probably had to endure slings and barbs from the fans who have hated what he's done with their beloved series. I think he's gotten a large amount of WoT fans who will read his books so it'd be nice to have some venue of it here. :)

Keep in mind, we're not saying "no, never" to a Sanderboard. We're just saying "Not right now". It's a decision I've made in different ways. For example, at Dragon*Con, the WoT track will remain just WoT programming for the forseeable future. I'm not adding any panels to discuss Mistborn, or the Way of Kings. But at JordanCon, I'm very open to eventually having a SanderTrack (I should really stop beating this joke up now). We've even done some panels on Brandon's other books to see if there's enough interest. There isn't yet, but there might be some day.

Oh and, the best way to show us that there's a need right now for a SanderBoard would be if General became clogged with SanderThreads.

...  I know this is a Wheel of Time fan site, but Wheel of Time will be over one day, and I would love to see this forum/site live on.

Isn't Dragonmount about to blow it's lid?  Also, Rand's been sitting on the site for about 8 months now (for those of us that read the book in <24 hours), have you guys talked to him about it?

Maybe he's posting the WoK prologue.  Though I'd prefer something TOM-related, I'll be more than satisfied with WoK

Close. The three first chapters of WoK!

http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=blog&id=59463

My head is a bout to explode trying to decide if I should dive in and start reading, or wait for the full book...Gah!

Sweet, a teaser for WoK book  :)

Keep in mind, we're not saying "no, never" to a Sanderboard. We're just saying "Not right now". It's a decision I've made in different ways. For example, at Dragon*Con, the WoT track will remain just WoT programming for the forseeable future. I'm not adding any panels to discuss Mistborn, or the Way of Kings. But at JordanCon, I'm very open to eventually having a SanderTrack (I should really stop beating this joke up now). We've even done some panels on Brandon's other books to see if there's enough interest. There isn't yet, but there might be some day.

Oh and, the best way to show us that there's a need right now for a SanderBoard would be if General became clogged with SanderThreads.

I'm sorry Kathana I think I got carried away in my post and got a bit melodramatic about it.  :-[ Of course you don't have to do it now and if you don't mind me spamming Sanderson in the General area I shall do so.

This sucks!  I'm taking 20 credit hours in the fall (my advisor just told me in April that if I want to get outta here in 4 yrs with a teaching cert, I need to do a 4-year program in 3), and I have WoK, TofM, and KH:BBS to get through on top of my job and class. 

I guess I'll have to put off getting a second job, this is more important!

Archived