DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Something Cool From Brandon Coming

Luckers

Brandon said this on Twitter.

Brandon Sanderson: We have something cool for you all in the works. Watch the website tomorrow.

Now this may be Way of Kings related and not WoT, but I can't help but think of Pevara. Brandon said back in the day there were scenes with Pevara being cool that might not fit in ToM, and that if it didn't he'd put it up on the website. Well, he's editing the final chapters of ToM, and he's putting up something on his website.  ;D

Whatever it is though I'm excited.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brandon said this on Twitter.

Brandon Sanderson: We have something cool for you all in the works. Watch the website tomorrow.

Another TOR author Charlie Stross gave more information about this promotion yesterday, if I'm not mistaken:

Some of you may have iPads. If so, you might want to go look at the iBookstore, where Tor.com are releasing a bunch of their short fiction — including pieces by me, myself and I — as free downloads; they're on the front page right now, and in the top 100 free downloads at present. Tor are also rolling out their short stories via the Kindle store, so iPhone/iPod touch owners (and the odd owner of some quaint e-ink device) can get at them.

(Right now I'm told this is definitely happening in the US iBookstore; as I have a UK Apple account I can't confirm this, although they should show up in the UK in due course.)

Meanwhile, I've received my first author copy of the US hardcover edition of "The Fuller Memorandum", and I'm informed that the UK paperback is due to be printed this Friday.

Some of you may be wanting to purchase signed copies.

If you're in the USA I suggest you contact Pandemonium Books and Games in Cambridge, MA. I'm going to be signing there on July 13th, and I'm pretty sure that if you ask them they'll be happy to sell you a signed copy.

If you're in the UK (or want a UK paperback copy, or a US hardcover sending somewhere in the UK), I suggest you contact Transreal Books in Edinburgh, Scotland. I'm going to drop by to sign stock there before I zip off to Cambridge in July, and Mike will be happy to sell you a signed copy.

(No, there's no online shopping cart; you need to send an email, or phone. Small speciality bookshops, remember?)

Definitely WoT related, he's been working exclusively on WoT for a couple weeks now doing the edits for Team Jordan.  A Pevara POV would be awesome, but it might give us too much insight on what's going on at the Black Tower, not sure if that'll be it.  Maybe announcing an early release date for the Prologue?

Mistborn movie announcement would be awesome, and very unlikely.

My hopes for what it is in order of best to less best:

1.  Prologue to ToM

2.  Other WoT material or big news

3.  Stormlight Archive info/portal

4.  He gives all his fans who live in Utah $1 million or more :-)  (Maybe this should be number 1?)

Definitely WoT related, he's been working exclusively on WoT for a couple weeks now doing the edits for Team Jordan.  A Pevara POV would be awesome, but it might give us too much insight on what's going on at the Black Tower, not sure if that'll be it.  Maybe announcing an early release date for the Prologue?

No.

Oh, and someone already has the rights to the Mistborn movie.

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/856/Mistborn-Movie-News

Archived