DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Deaths of the Forsaken. How do you rate them.

Didn't she say during the cleansing of the Source that the Aelfinn and Eelfinn killed her?

I thought she just said that they held her, nothing about killing although I could easily be mistaken since I am relying on memory

Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed with the lack of role Aginor/Osan'gar seemed to have in the series? Given that he was the second most powerful Forsaken, AND the creator of all those Shadowspawn, it would have been cool if he'd been kept in reserve, as it were- creating anew or improving upon his old work. Considering his creations are going to BE the armies of the Dark, you'd think he'd be given more of a role.

Everything that happened to him suited him. He might of been very powerful but he was weak and fairly inept at using the power in a battle situation. Just because your really strong doesn't mean you'll be a worthy adversary.

All I can say is why bother bringin him back. Oh to keep tabs on Rand but wait Taim is a df so why do they need to double up on scouting out the Black Tower. Maybe Taim wasn't turned by that stage.

Graendal... isnt dead. She cant be, she just cant. There are too many ways for her to escape, and it was too easy for her to see what Rand was really doing, in my oppinion.

Graendal's death is my favorite! If she not dead I'll be a sad panda:[

Plus descriptions say her compulsions leave her victims too dumb for anything but pleasure. That means she'd have to have a NOT-dumb compulsioned Channeller capable of channeling complex compulsion just the way she'd want. I think shes dead...

Greandal isn't dead. She would of bolted at the first sight of Rand.

It is stated several times in the books that she hated the outside and her private rooms had no windows.

The compulsion confirms it for me.

1. Semirhage - Yes, I'm married, and being forced to kill my wife would be as bad as it could get. I'd happily dive for the true source to stop it!

2. Rahvin - Great fight. Almost wished he won, but that would be, like, the end of the story  ;D

3. IF she's actually dead. The most direct and brilliantly executed plan ever (considering the 'cleverer' opponent). And the one greatest example of why the Forsaken fear him being turned. Not one of them would stand a chance.

4. Ishamael - Another great fight. Just not as good as Rahvin.

The rest, not such a big deal. Since Lanfear's not dead, her scene can't be considered can it?

Didn't she say during the cleansing of the Source that the Aelfinn and Eelfinn killed her?

Yes, Cyndane in her thoughts only claims that the Aelfinn and Eelfinn "held her".  However the words "killed" or "died" were not used by Cyndane curiously in that text.  Almost as if Cyndane some how believes she escaped and or was rescued from the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn??

Then the woman struck back at her, and she suffered her second shock. She was stronger than Cyndane had been before the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn held her! That was impossible; no woman could be stronger.

Source: Winter's Heart, book 9, Chapter 35 "With the Choedan Kal" - Cyndane point of view, with Alivia

If Cyndane had died at the hands of the Aelfinn & Eelfinn, one would think that Cyndane had memories of that fateful event?  Mat recalls other men dying across thousands of years, as if it was his very own.  Yet Cyndane does not specifically mention dying.... 

Your original question though requires one to believe and assume that "Cyndane is Lanfear".  :D ::) 

That is an assumption which I claim is unfounded.  ;)  Lanfear is only Lanfear, Cyndane is only Cyndane.  :)

That same section of text, in Winter's Heart Chapter 35, is also written by Robert Jordan so as to implied a possible interpretation leading one to believe that the 'Dark Prophecy' mentioned in the Great Hunt book is true too--whether one believes that Cyndane is Lanfear or that Lanfear has always only been Lanfear

Guest Emu on the Loose

It's a good point that RJ picked the word "held," one of the most ambiguous possible verbs because it tells nothing about Cyndane's interaction with the Finns except that she was their involuntary guest for at least a while.

It's a good point that RJ picked the word "held," one of the most ambiguous possible verbs because it tells nothing about Cyndane's interaction with the Finns except that she was their involuntary guest for at least a while.

Maybe Asmodean killed Lanfear

She will hold onto the small chance she would escape for as long as she can. "She pulled open a small door, intending to find her way to the Aelfinn and Eelfinn's pantry. There should be some decent wine. One step, and she stopped, the blood draining from her face. 'You? No!' The word still hung in the air when death took her."

Never really happened CH:1 :)

Your original question though requires one to believe and assume that "Cyndane is Lanfear".  :D ::) 

That is an assumption which I claim is unfounded.  ;)  Lanfear is only Lanfear, Cyndane is only Cyndane.  :)

Are you serious?  You don't think that Cyndane is Lanfear?

I have absolutely no response to that.  ???

3. IF she's actually dead. The most direct and brilliantly executed plan ever (considering the 'cleverer' opponent). And the one greatest example of why the Forsaken fear him being turned. Not one of them would stand a chance.

The rest, not such a big deal. Since Lanfear's not dead, her scene can't be considered can it?

Hell, they barely stand a chance right now. Ishamel, for a guy that's so cocky about being able to go toe to toe with the Dragon, sure does get his ass kicked frequently. Hah.

No i am thinking that as soon as the went through the redframe doorway moiraine and lanfear immediately began a battle royal with moiraine winning only by use of her angreal then being held prisoner for breaking some of their shady rules and lanfear's body being cast out because it was ruined or maybe she made a deal with them to help her beat moiraine or hold her in exchange to be realeased or how bout this one keep my beautiful body(top five ever right)and let me return in hers!(moiraines)but i cant recall if anyone who knows moiraine has seen cyndane

Samaels was disaponting to me but also highly suspicious, i mean his death wasnt shown on screen but it would of been awesome, then RJ gauranteed hes dead. Why not show it onscreen if your canceling out any suspense by saying hes dead anyway? Ad to that Samael uses the same sigil as Taim, and someone was impersonating him ordering shadow spawn around and his partner in crime Graendal has also died suspiciously...  Very sus. Il say now that there is something more to samaels death that wil be revealed in the next book

Brandon also said that the Dark One would have liked very much to transmigrate Sammael but didn’t. Apparently, since he died by Mashadar, Sammael was either unable to be transmigrated or it would have been a very bad idea. Basically, Mashadar tainted Sammael’s thread somehow.

Q: Is Sammael dead?

RJ: Jordan responded that Sammael was dead as of the end of A Crown of Swords. Jordan felt that the character was a "louse" and didn't deserve a dramatic death ala Rahvin or Be'lal. He deserved a very vague death and was killed by something that he didn't pay attention to.

RJ: Sammael is dead. He is dead. He is dead. He may be reborn again, but then he will not remember he was Sammael. He cannot be reincarnated. He is dead.

People really need to get over Sammael and their theories. He is not coming back. It wasn't a particularly dramatic death, but then again death rarely is.

Aginor's deaths weren't particularly dramatic.  He killed himself the first time and he got killed by his own side the second but at least he tried to kill Rand, he failed but at least he tried and he didn't really damage his own side by his failures.  Moghedien now she failed and damaged her side twice.  I think she deserves to be killed by someone's servant or something.

Archived