DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Next Forsaken to die

Shard

That does seem silly to try to prove that Lanfear is not Cyndane.

Even with the examples that you used, Dida, it's just fairly obvious that you're wrong.  Lanfear hated the very IDEA that someone would consider her an Aes Sedai so to say she was one of the Aes Sedai on the scales in Matt's viewing is really stretching it.

No...I'm afraid Cyndane is Lanfear and that's all there is to it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think there's a good chance that Lanfear will die (again) in the next book.  I think that she was the one in that rebel army in Camelyn (it's somebody else's theory and I forget all the names, but I'm sure at least two people in the forum know whom I'm referring to) and is with Elayne now.

It's going to slip that Elayne's preggers with Rand's babies and Lanfear will have another psycho ex-girlfriend moment, which will lead to that viewing about Elayne being tortured that Min had, which Rand will notice through the bond and bring him running into a trap, which will give Moiraine just enough time to get rescued and wander back into town to kill the crazy bitch again.

Oh I would love to see Moraine kill Lanfear again and die in the process.

Moraine - Hi Rand. Looking good.

Rand - Moraine! I am astonished, dumbfounded even.

Cyndane - Lews Therin tonight you die!

Moraine - Not on my watch sister!

Cyndane - I am not an Aes Sedai, oh and by the way I am Lanfear.

* a scrap proceeds and Lanfear and Moraine die in the process*

Perrin - Gosh it was lucky I was here Rand. Hey! This must of been the second time I had to be here for you.

Rand - What?! You did nothing Perrin, just wriggled you nose and scratched that face fuzz.

Perrin - I opened the door for Moraine.

Oh I would love to see Moraine kill Lanfear again and die in the process.

Moraine - Hi Rand. Looking good.

Rand - Moraine! I am astonished, dumbfounded even.

Cyndane - Lews Therin tonight you die!

Moraine - Not on my watch sister!

Cyndane - I am not an Aes Sedai, oh and by the way I am Lanfear.

* a scrap proceeds and Lanfear and Moraine die in the process*

Perrin - Gosh it was lucky I was here Rand. Hey! This must of been the second time I had to be here for you.

Rand - What?! You did nothing Perrin, just wriggled you nose and scratched that face fuzz.

Perrin - I opened the door for Moraine.

BUHWAHAHAHA

perfect lol

On topic, I really want to see Eqwene kill Mesaana, but do it with out some long winded speach lol

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Egwene's gettin fairly into the old speechifyin' alright.

Im not convinced she'll take down Mesaana - I'd imagine she might have a quiet enough time of it in ToM, and surely one as useless as Messy has now become will not survive through to TG.

Just my tuppence'orth on the love/hate Egwene thing - I really like a lot of aspects of her character - she really has become an extremely competent politician, and showed some real bravery against the Seanchas raid -  but I think she gets up people's noses because after all her time with the Wise Ones, learning so much about the importance of honour, wisdom etc, she becomes Amyrlin, and shows no sign of even wanting to implement anything she learned.

She made Theodrin etc swear fealty to her, then chewed Elaida out for suggesting an obedience oath. Obv a terrible idea, but still.

Then, after banging on about the futility of the Oaths, has fallen in line and couldn't wait to sign up. She's great, but she is disappointing.

Sorry, mostly off topic, but I wanted to respond to stuff raised by other posters.

I think the female Forsaken are pretty much goin' the way of the dodo in ToM - they're just a bit too ineffective. But then, the men are a pack of spanners, too, with the sole exception of Moridin.

And if Cyndane isn't Lanfear, who the bloody hell is she? Ilyena turned by the DO after her death, I suppose?!

I also think there's a good chance that Lanfear will die (again) in the next book.  I think that she was the one in that rebel army in Camelyn (it's somebody else's theory and I forget all the names, but I'm sure at least two people in the forum know whom I'm referring to) and is with Elayne now.

It's going to slip that Elayne's preggers with Rand's babies and Lanfear will have another psycho ex-girlfriend moment, which will lead to that viewing about Elayne being tortured that Min had, which Rand will notice through the bond and bring him running into a trap, which will give Moiraine just enough time to get rescued and wander back into town to kill the crazy bitch again.

The rebel army theory has just been scotched by Brandon = Sylvase is not a Chosen. But the rest of it could happen

I suspect when Mat get. In the tower we will see a Finn wearing Lanfears old skin as a robe. Perhaps even a Finn masqerading as Lanfear but it will not be Lanfear, for she is Cyndane now and why introduce a character with the name Last Chance if we didn't even see the first one?

I don't think he would be able to recognize her skin, as they tan it.  Could you spot a picture of the cow from which your shoes were made?

What if it had tattoos.. no, forget that!

Too Late if we see a "Lews Therin forever" in a heart we know it was Lanfear.

Even if sylvase isn't lanfear, which obviously isn't there's still something screwy going with Nacin.  From what I remember he fell apart around the time rand killed Rahvin and it sounds like compulsion.

Asking people who read the quote or whatever, did Brandon indicate whether sylvase was Lightside.  If not then is it possible she either a DF or been replaced by some BA, we do have to of them outstanding I think of the 13 with Moggy.  Nevermind we just have one but still.  The Nacin angle is intriguing

That does seem silly to try to prove that Lanfear is not Cyndane.

Even with the examples that you used, Dida, it's just fairly obvious that you're wrong.  Lanfear hated the very IDEA that someone would consider her an Aes Sedai so to say she was one of the Aes Sedai on the scales in Matt's viewing is really stretching it.

No...I'm afraid Cyndane is Lanfear and that's all there is to it.

If one reads that scene with Lanfear and Mat in the Tar Valon, you might notice that Lanfear wants nothing to do with Aes Sedai as they currently are.  An Aes Sedai institution which Ishamael has in essence destroyed from within, with his 'Black Ajah'.  To accept being Aes Sedai in the sense, which Mat asks there would imply her being under Ishamael's thumb.

Lanfear is not beholden to the 'Black Ajah' nor Ishamael himself.  Knowing what Lanfear knows, why should she consider herself lessor than what she is? An independent woman, who wants to stand next to the Dragon Reborn as an equal?

Yes, Lanfear is an Aes Sedai in a pre-War of the Shadow sense. Even the Aiel's Wise Ones are independent in the sense, which Lanfear seems to claim to be to Mat Cauthon.  Aiel Wise Ones will stand up for themselves, unlike Aes Sedai in the White Tower under either Siuan or Elaida reign.       

We will seeing who is looking silly, when Towers of Midnight is released.  8)

Lanfear will be killed by Moiraine (sp).

Lanfear = Morgan Le Fey

Moiraine = Merlin

Merlin was entombed while fighting Morgan but eventually came back stronger than ever and killed Le Fey. Moiraine was entombed by Lanfear in the Finn world but when she is released by Mat will fight Lanfear and kill her.

Also Callandor will be thrown into the bore in order to close it. I think by Logain and that is where he will get his glory. And yes Rand will die, the living again will be the next time the pattern needs a new dragon.

Moggy to die next.

I do think that Egwene will kill Mesaana.  However, she won't be "next".

I expect Moggy to be the next one killed.  Everything she has done up to now has been worse than useless for the Shadow.  Every time she shows up, I wonder why they haven't fired her yet.  Let's look at Moggy's resume, shall we?

-She fought Nynaeve, and for all intents and purposes, lost.  Sure, it was Nynaeve, but ~250 years of experience > a year and a half or so.

-She was fought off by a non-channeler in TAR.

-She forced an adult Birgitte out of TAR when and where she was needed.

-She got herself captured in TAR, the realm she had always claimed as "hers"

-Then, she was found in Salidar, and captured IRL

-She gave up God only knows how many AOL secrets, which were a MAJOR advantage for the Forsaken.

-She acted on her own to remove one of the only REAL threats to the Shadow, only to screw it up.  Points for trying, but iirc, Moridin was not happy.

-She was generally useless during the cleansing.  She just gated in and out, trying to survive.

I expect one more monumental, legendary failure, and then she will be unceremoniously executed/BF'ed/mindtrap-crushed.

You believe Lanfear hates the AS for that reason exlusively or something ?

Oh I see that was a part of one of those theories that drives people into psychotic hatred territory.  I'll try and make it worse by asking

WTF!! LIGHT MAN! If Cyndane isn't Lanfear reborn i'll eat Mat's hat.

WH: Chapter 35 With the Choedan Kal

Cyndane  feels the flow of saidar  and knows that Lews Therin  found a woman to use the female access key. She would have faced the Great Lord  or the Creator  with him, but he spurned her.

She thinks after being held by the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn, she is weaker in the One Power than she used to be.

Unless LT had another crazy forsaken ex-girlfriend who was held by the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn, Cyndane = Lanfear

Cyndane is actually Latra Posae.  The two doorframe angreals were in fact actually doorways in her home, which she created to have a sort of 'trap door' she could make a quit exit into if she ever got in trouble, believing she'd be outside the reach of whatever guillotine was about to take her head off.  Also, since she actually wanted to escape the physical world in the first place, she chose not to user her wish to return home in case the danger had not yet passed.  Well this really pissed the Finn off so they gave her a 1000 year prison sentence before finally killing her.

She feels spurned about the CD because LTT went ahead with his bore seal plan, rather than supposedly use her CD plan to 'figure things out', aka, how to become a goddess before she could be stopped.

Archived