DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Next Forsaken to die

Shard

I think the next one to bite the dust will be Messana, she was shown in tGS as growing unstable and desperate after Semiraghe was taken. With her BA stripped away from the Tower, she doesn't have anything left. I think she's going to do something desperate in ToM and that will be the end of her. She's not going to make it to Tarmon Gaiden.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Emu on the Loose

I'm surprised she hasn't bit the dust already. She, Aran'gar, and Moghedien are all living on borrowed time, I think. Literarily, the existence of two mindtraps, both currently in use, makes it almost certain that one of them is going to get used. Moghedien is much less important to the story than Cyndane, so that makes her the likelier candidate for suffering the ultimate fate. I actually think she'll be "killed" before even Mesaana. Aran'gar is going to try something stupid and lose, and it's an open question whether that happens before karma catches up with Messy.

So, my somewhat speculative ranking is:

1. Moghedien

2. Aran'gar

3. Mesaana

I think they're all doomed in ToM.

I also thought Mesaana would be the next to go.  My chronological preference at this point would be (assuming they are even all killed in the main sequence; I wouldn't be horribly surprised if say at least one of them escaped fate and was hiding under cover for the rest of his/her life):

Mesaana

Moghidien

Aran'Gar

Cyndane

Demandred

Moridin

Yes, that does kill all the women before the men, but I really must feel that Moridin will be the last to go, and due to the buildup of Demandred's reveal, I don't think he will be in the next book.  Plus, he will definitely confront Rand directly, I'm sure (unless he's at the Black Tower, in which case, he may confront Logain?) and I don't think that's likely to happen as suddenly as the next book.

ToM-

1. Demandred

2. Cyndane

aMoL-

1. Moghedien

2. Aran'gar

I'm calling Mesaana and Moridin as the survivors.

Nice list Hadilmir  :)

Yet how about this re-ordering?

TofM book

1. Mesaana - in Caemlyn.  :o

2. Taim - yes, I consider him a new forsaken. Taim meet Logain, Gabrelle, Toveine and your coming doom.

3. Cyndane - no, she not even a forsaken likely, but almost everyone else believes she is one. Time to meet Alivia again, and time to die. ;)

aMoL book

1. Aran'gar

2. Demandred

3a. Lanfear - while in a linked circle with Rand al'Thor holding Callandor and Alivia nuking with lightning, fire all the Shadowspawn everywhere, everywhere at once. Power can kill, Power will kill--sacrificed to alter of power, sacrificed to give the power of opportunity at life to others.

3b. Moridin - the Daughter of the Night walks again, and will have the last laugh. 

4. Sammael's blood thirsty pet Gholam

Survivors if any?

1. Moghedien

2. A revived Osan'gar gets a chance at a 3rd life in new body, yet after the Bore is resealed he then decides to hide out in the Land of Madmen at the start of 4th Age. ;D  Fitting ending isn't it? 

Unknown?

1. The humorous Myrddraal of Mystery, a.k.a Shaidar Haran

Its sad that the only interesting thing she's done the entire series was get raped by a fade.

i kind of feel sorry for her about that.... being raped is bad enough, being raped by something that is creepy, slimy and not eve human.... *shudder*

but, yeah, she is useless

Its sad that the only interesting thing she's done the entire series was get raped by a fade.

i kind of feel sorry for her about that.... being raped is bad enough, being raped by something that is creepy, slimy and not eve human.... *shudder*

but, yeah, she is useless

One could argue that this description is valid for any rapist.

Dida, you have Lanfear/Cyndane dying twice. ;)

I'm actually surprised that Moridin didn't crush Moghedien's mindtrap after she pulled the stunt trying to kill Nynaeve - she's totally toast sometime soon.

But I bet that Mesaana goes first, just because I think Egwene is on to her, and I don't think that she knows that Egwene is aware she's in the Tower. Despite all the BA disruption Verin was able to cause, I bet that Messi's arrogant enough to think that there's no way Verin could have discovered she was in the Tower.

2. A revived Osan'gar gets a chance at a 3rd life in new body, yet after the Bore is resealed he then decides to hide out in the Land of Madmen at the start of 4th Age.  Fitting ending isn't it? 

He'll become the 4th Age's Dr. Moreau.

But I bet that Mesaana goes first, just because I think Egwene is on to her, and I don't think that she knows that Egwene is aware she's in the Tower. Despite all the BA disruption Verin was able to cause, I bet that Messi's arrogant enough to think that there's no way Verin could have discovered she was in the Tower.

Or that Egwene could do anything if she did know. Yes, I too am betting on Egwene in that match.

I agree that Egwene and the WT will be finding and executing Messana in ToM. It'd be Justice wouldn't, the place that Messanna has been affecting the most should be the ones to get her. Usually it's Rand or Moraine taking out Forsaken, with the exceptions of Nym and who ever got Osan'Gar.

I'm betting that Cyndane dies some time after being tackled into the other redstone doorway by a newly-released Moiraine at the Great Holding in Tear. Mat will shake his head, look at Thom, then bust out the bronze knife and Travel back to the ToG again.

Oh, and Egwene doesn't deserve to kill any Forsaken. Not even Mesaana.

Oh, and Egwene doesn't deserve to kill any Forsaken. Not even Mesaana.

High five. Egwene doesnt even deserve to be killed by a Forsaken.

I think Nynaeve deserves a more respectable Forsaken kill than Moghedien. Once upon a time I wanted Cadsuane to break Semirhage but the way that turned out ruined both Cadsuanes promise after KoD and Semirhages potential as the worst person to hold prisoner.

Ive got a feeling that Moghedien will be Perrins unseen enemy.

Archived