DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just please keep in mind, people, if someone suddenly goes inactive and they've been active in the game so far, there's a good chance they've been frozen and are unable to post until notified by the Mod(s).  Let's not lynch them for inactivity solely because they don't post to defend themselves; they may not be able to do so.

I actually disagree with this.  If you were unsilenced when Mynd died, I think there's a good chance he was the silencer and that the ability is no longer in the game.  It's not a stretch at all to think that he silenced Locke and then pretended to be silenced himself to add more weight to his town claim.  I haven't noticed anyone else who was talkative being quiet now (and why waste it on an inactive?) but we can ask again when the day phase has ended if anyone else was affected.

Someone asked earlier and I just want to clarify... Mottlee, did it say Aust was a mafia recruiter or a non-town recruiter?  If non-town, it's possible he was cult (though weird for Percy to be cult leader) and if it said specifically mafia, then I think we're looking at two mafia teams for sure.  I don't see a connection between Percy and Bellatrix.  Maybe if there are two teams they'll start killing each other off.  ;D

Aemon, I need to do my re-read later.  I'm working on a suspense item for my sponsor right now.  I just wanted to check in on the game real quick before burying my face in the research I need to do to answer his question. 

My focus is shifting off of you for now based on your role reveal.  I'll balance what you've posted already earlier in the game against your role reveal and see if it makes sense.  I was so focused on Mynd earlier I probably missed character clues you posted (if you posted some).

Still, I'm interested why you still think I'm scum and what your reasons are.  I was suspicious of Mynd and told why; Dah backed me up.  If I was scum, I wouldn't have voted for him in the first place.  And when you consider I was frozen after voting for him, the mafia obviously didn't want me to back that vote up with why I believed him to be scum. 

BTW, I like Winky; she can't hold her butterbeer!  ;D

Pookie, I was told I was frozen, not silenced.  Also remember that Mynd was frozen earlier in the game; why would he freeze himself?  Unless we have more than one person with that role/ability?  Perhaps one on each team?

And now I need to run and get busy with my day job!

Okay, wow, that was completely unexpected, yet thank goodness it DID happen.

It provides tons of new information.  Unfortunately, it'll require a long re-read and much of it will be WIFOM.

For now, certainly [glow=red,2,300]Unvote[/glow]

However, I don't know who to vote for as of now, as many of the higher suspicions were Mynd's which make them somewhat untrustworthy. 

Pookie, I was told I was frozen, not silenced.  Also remember that Mynd was frozen earlier in the game; why would he freeze himself?  Unless we have more than one person with that role/ability?  Perhaps one on each team?

I just assume that he has the only freezing ability, and he used it on me, like Pookie said, and pretended to have it himself.  Of course, that also implies that the person who restarted day 1 was on a team with him.

Anyway, some serious re-reading needs to be done.  After that, I'll cast my vote.

[glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Daruya[/glow]

I don't really remember Dar gunning for Mynd nearly as much as she's trying to make it sound.

Pretty defensive behavior going on, plus what seems to me a huge attempt at distancing herself from Mynd now that we all know he was scum. 

Deadline

Wed June, 9th @ 2pm CST; 32 alive, 17 to lynch

Vote Count

Dar(3): Pete, Charis, Meesh

Wombat(1): Lia

Charis(1): Wombat

no vote(27): Amadine, Bela, Mottlee, Som1, Krak, Aemon, Nae, Adella, Tigs, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Pankh, Wolfie, Alanna, Jeran, Danya, Rose, rojano, Taei, Crusher, Tayla, Dar, Thorum, Elli, Boopsy, Locke, Nyn, Marta, Blig Blog

Sorry, I tend to use the terms frozen and silenced interchangeably.  Is there a difference?

Personally I do think Mynd lied about being frozen to make himself look more town.  He came out and immediately started blasting everyone who voted for him and screaming from the rooftops that he was town.  I think it was a ploy, especially when combined with the day 1 restart and the fact that no one else has come forward and said they were frozen too in the day 1 repeat.  I'm keeping an open mind that it's possible the role was in the game twice, but for me from this point on anyone who claims to have been frozen will look much more suspicious.

Taking a break from my task at work; I've hit a frustrating dead end.

I don't really remember Dar gunning for Mynd nearly as much as she's trying to make it sound.

Pretty defensive behavior going on, plus what seems to me a huge attempt at distancing herself from Mynd now that we all know he was scum. 

I'll give you that, meesh.  I did mention my suspicion of him and voted for him but most of my "gunning" for him was done while I was frozen.  I was pretty hot about that, actually.  So while I was jumping up and down screaming (silently) on the sidelines that Mynd was a LLL, you all were wondering where the heck I was.  Let's just say I knew for a fact that Mynd was NOT who he was claiming to be. 'Kay?

Also, IIRC, you did a role reveal already so I'm not going to vote for you even as a OMGUS because if you are telling the truth about who you are, that would only help the mafia. 

Ok, I have to admit I was fooled. My biggest problem here is that there are so many in actives, that this could cause the Town to lose, because they are not around to say that someone is actually claiming their role. I can't see Lupin not being in this game! It goes for anyone else who has revealed we don't know for sure they are who they say they are (and yes, I know that includes me!)

so I would say a Town day kill and a Mafia day kill.

If Motlee is telling the truth it looks like at least two mafia teams.

I would say that either Mynd could freeze people or one of his team could, and he used that excuse on day 1. To make himself look more innocent. Looking back at his first reveal he mentioned fleas, I took this as meaning Sirius Black, as he actually mentioned that during one of the books/films. but then Amadine reveals as Sirius and then maybe goes for Lupin after that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

nice of you to say that we all should have followed your advice and vote Dar!

NOTICE TO TOWNIES:  I was wrong as to his character but 100% right as to his affiliation.  You'd have been wise to vote alongside me but what's done is done.  Mynd/Bellatrix is dead now, thankfully, and we need to focus on finding his cohorts.

Where exactly did you vote for Mynd, you don't have your vote on him now, and I can't see where you voted for him on Day 1.

Your statistics are wrong also. The chance of getting a correct viewing is 75% each time. You can't take the four names and work out that 3 would be correct and one wrong, it doesn't work that way. Eeach name will have the same odds.

So there is 75% chance that Aemon is anti town and that Charis is anti town!

Everyone who has voted for me thus far on Day 2:  if you are Town, you'll want to unvote me.  Seriously.  Lynching me will only help the mafia.

Nice thing to say, I've heard this said so many times by mafia! why should we believe you, you have said nothing that has convinced anyone why we should. Mynd actually wondered if you were Frozen, and then you come on and say that you were. This could easily be a ploy between the two of you. He seemed to push you for a lynch but then hold back slightly compared to others. Someone even mentioned that how he thought you were mafia but then innocent. looking back now, I would say he was setting things up for you. After day you would have come back and said that you were frozen, but Mynd was killed (thanks and blows a kiss to whoever did that) and so he told you to come on and say that you were unfrozen and that happened with his death, in the process hoping to make you more innocent looking!

What really annoys me right now are those that can't be bothered to post in this game, they have hardly posted at all during the game, I'm sure some not since night or the day before. Those are the ones that are going to lose us the game by allowing the mafia to slip under our noses and claim any role!

Still, I'm interested why you still think I'm scum and what your reasons are.  

Mostly it's because you don't want to reveal character or role. I said it at the beginning of this game, the only way to win is to know who we are.

I'm thinking it may be in our best interest to start sending the inactives to Azkaban. Especially in light of Mynd being able to claim Lupin with no contest. If we know who they are we may come up with doubled characters or careless scum.

EDIT: Dar, are you saying that YOU are Lupin?

I'm sorry.. I keep forgetting to check this game. >.<  I'm caught up.  Nice try Mynd.. you had me fooled.  Not that that's much of an accomplishment. :P

So we have alot of active day kilers today... good job to the one taking out Mynd.  Whoever killed Dah would you like to step forward and take a bow for that?  So we can knock you down while you are bent over. :P

Winky as a roleblocker you say?  What? does she pass out in front of us and make us trip over her drunk body? :P

Didn't she have to look after David Tennant (you know who I mean) in the books, so maybe thats why she has a roleblocker role, that or her crying and sobbing prevents you from concentrating from doing anything :D

I'm sorry.. I keep forgetting to check this game. >.<  I'm caught up.  Nice try Mynd.. you had me fooled.  Not that that's much of an accomplishment. :P

So we have alot of active day kilers today... good job to the one taking out Mynd.  Whoever killed Dah would you like to step forward and take a bow for that?  So we can knock you down while you are bent over. :P

Winky as a roleblocker you say?  What? does she pass out in front of us and make us trip over her drunk body? :P

Dah killed Mynd

ok i only have a few minutes so

aust was mafia aligned recruiter

dah was town aligned day finder

mynd was the freezer

and i think that the day1 restart was due to one of the inactives being mod killed( not 100% sure but that s what i have from my info) i thinking we haven 2 mafia's as well it would explain aust being NKed

ok well i'll check back in after camp

Can we just say that this game is highly confusing and as usual, I'm a day late and a galleon short in my theories? Didn't fall for the Mynd-act, well, because with Mynd - either way he's going to screw with your game. I find it funny that he never commented on my comments - but no one EVER does. No one EVER listens to me until it is too late.

And since everyone is revealing and no one EVER listens to me - I get to view 2 players a night. I get an odd or even response. Odd: one of them is anti-town. Even: Neither or Both of them are anti-town. But, since we don't get alignment confirmations, only guesses from our knowledge of the books - what good is my ability???

I wasn't fooled by Mynd, believe it or not...I grow very suspicious of people that go after everyone and say, "If you vote for me then you must be scum."  ::)

I know that it doesn't sound very reasonable but I am suspicious of some of those that took his bait hook, line and sinker.  Go ahead and say it...if they were on a team then they wouldn't support each other.  No one knows WIFOM better than Mynd claims too.  I think the person that bought it the most was [glow=red,2,300]Meesh[/glow].  She was very adamant about defending Mynd and explaining the stuff that he said...also agreeing wholeheartedly with him.

my internet connection is fixed for the time being.  turned out it was a wire that was almost split in half causing my modem to crash all the time.

IE still isn't letting me on DM, but Opera is being nice and letting me feed my addiction.  *leans back in an over stuffed chair and sips her fire whiskey*

Deadline

Wed June, 9th @ 2pm CST; 32 alive, 17 to lynch

Vote Count

Dar(3): Pete, Charis, Meesh

Charis(2): Wombat, Taei

Wombat(1): Lia

Meesh(1): Tigs

no vote(25): Amadine, Bela, Mottlee, Som1, Krak, Aemon, Nae, Adella, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Pankh, Wolfie, Alanna, Jeran, Danya, Rose, rojano, Crusher, Tayla, Dar, Thorum, Elli, Boopsy, Locke, Nyn, Marta, Blig Blog

Tigs, Meesh has given some covert hints about a role that CANNOT be revealed and SHOULD NOT BE GUESSED and which people who played in Red's Scooby game might recognize from her posting of role PMs.  I haven't seen many mods here at DM play the role like Red does, so it is unlikely that Meesh would single that role with its restrictions out from a wiki or thin air and know how Red plays it.  If the role does not belong to Meesh, she knows who it does belong to, which tells me that if the role is not hers, she's on a town-based mason team because the role is very clearly town.  Given this, I feel very comfortable stating that Meesh at least started the game as town.

*hopes that gives just enough info without giving too much info*

Scooby was on the Wolfkin boards, btw.  ;)

*bows*

One last haiku!

This is a fun game!

I really had a great time,

but now I die....ACK!

Admit it, though.... I totally had you all fooled!  ;)

Nope, not a bit. I wouldn't have gone through all the effort if I even kind of believed you.

I'm really good at catching people who are acting out of how they normally act. :-*

ok so now that we know who mynd was i find it very interesting how he was the choice for the freezeing spell expecially when you consider how close he was to being linched ya 2 scum down alot more to go

I addressed this in my case on him. He either had one of his teammates freeze him to set it up as a "I am town! Why would the mafia freeze a mafia member?!" or he faked it.

Also, I don't remember who it was, but I do remember like 4 pages back someone said something about Mynd's arguments on me seeming contrived. Maybe that's because all his arguments in this game have been just to get a lynch, not to actually take something scummy and announce it to the town. Again, see my case on him like 10 pages back.. ::)

Whoever killed Mynd, good choice, if you have a day-kill each day, well, keep at the good work.

For the fact that we now KNOW that Greyback is in this game, that means we SHOULD have a Lupin in here somewhere, and I am betting on it being an inactive, and whoever it is, you are NOT helpful to the town, and I am VERY mad at you!

I had something else to say, but got a phone call mid-post and totally forgot what my last point was >.<

Err... Hi! *waves shyly*

I haven't read anything since I died and it's more than 60 pages ago. If someone could summarise that'd be great.

Otherwise... give me sometime to get up to speed.

Anyway, I'm back. Taking over Marta. Who has been called away on unofficial business. I hear it's wild and carefree, so go give her some love. Yeah. Anyway... I'm back.

Archived