DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

Dragonsworn, does your ability change the percentages of other peoples powers or is it just a doubler?  I wonder if there is an ability that can bring Dahmir's (alleged) finder ability to 100%.

Also, there must be a 100% finder out there as well.  I'm thinking that any other finders out there view either myself, Charis, or Dahmir tonight.  Let the mafia decide which of the three of us they wish to target. 

I think I lost count

How many poems have I done?

Could this be poem 10?

I hate sorting hats!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took me ages to catch up, yet again. I think I need a Pepper-Up potion to clear my head. That and possibly some Skele-Gro when I put my fist through the screen every time DM goes down (which is too freaking much!) :P

I have no idea who to believe. I suspect that Charis is innocent. [glow=red,2,300]Mynd[/glow] seems so busy flinging accusations in all directions, like he wants to deflect suspicion away from himself. I'm still not sure about Dah's claim either.

sorry guys, between DM being down all weeknd for me and my internet deciding to go ca-put i'm out of a computer at the house.  all i got was a blank white page for DM.

I wonder what going to Azkaban means?

it's what happens when you get lynched

MOD/ASS MOD question:  If a mason player is given a PR, can their fellow masons confirm it?  

sure, i dont see why not

Deadline

Wed June, 9th @ 2pm CST; 36 alive, 19 to lynch

Vote Count

Charis(3):  Wombat, Dah, Nyn

Mynd(3): Dar, Thorum, Elli

Dar(2): Pete, Locke

Wombat(1): Mynd

no vote(33): Meesh, Amadine, Bela, Mottlee, Marta, Som1, Krak, Lia, Aemon, Nae, Adella, Tigs, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Pank, Wolfie, Alanna, Charis, Blig Blog, Jeran, Danya, Rose, rojano, Taei, Crusher, Tayla

Well then I could double someone last night so I doubled Dar. I thought she was scum so then there would be two kills and we could lynch her today. But since tow prs have came into play, then I am assuming she was the one giving them out.  :D

I wa just skimming through past posts to see if anything jumped out at me and I saw this. I'm just wondering:was that a one-time ability or is that your role, Pete? I'm just curious because of the way you worded it.

I think Charis and Mynd are innocent and Dah (I tentatively believe his claim) has just had bad luck so far. Pete's suggestion is very sensible.

I still find Wombat to be suspicious myself but I'd be interested to see if there is anything to back up the current thought that Daruya is scummy. And I'd reiterate that PR-givers can be both innocent and mafia, and if someone has the role that does not make them automatically scum ;)

Would anyone fancy a Canary Cream?

Lia, are you claiming one of the Weasly twins?

If I were forced to place a vote right now, it would have to be on Daruya because I have heard nothing from Dar to appease my anxious mind. Has Dar even posted this game day? I'll have to go back and check. She may have been frozen. As it is, we still have until Wednesday to make a decision, so I'll do a reread before I make my choice. I think it would be a bad idea to lynch anyone on the mynd/charis/dah'mir circuit because they have all revealed and there have been no counterclaims. Let's try to find someone else before we are forced to lynch a person we have reason to believe is town.

I don't doubt the possiblity of Viktor Krum being in the game.  I wouldn't be surprised if even lesser characters made it in.  We were warned of this two months ago in the OP of the Sign-Up-now-Dead thread.

this could be where knowledge of the series will come in handy, ANY place and ANY character in the Series is liable to show up at any point in time.

Alright...so yet again it came back Anti-town. Either its me or my viewings are being messed with. I cant get anti-town 3 times in a row.

I guess this means that the Day 2 viewing was anti-town?  For some reason I didn't clue into that the first time I read your post.  If so, then the reason to view yourself would be to check your sanity.  A paranoid finder will always get an anti-town reading.  Mind you the 75% bit throws a wrench into the works.

Have you said yet who your character is (I don't think you did.)  I can think of one character who might have a paranoid sanity rating.

Oh yeah, I remember now  ::).

Well there is a 1/64 chance of getting all three wrong which isn't very high.  I don't think that Arthur would be paranoid. 

Maybe you are right that your readings are being messed with??

well, that calculation speaks for the probability of the viewing being wrong in ALL three instances. There is the possibility that all three are correct or that two out of the three are correct.... or heck, even only one being correct. I agree that the probability of all three readings being wrong is slim..... but that doesn't tell us much nor narrows it down for us.

I know that some have said that in the future Dah'mir better view one of the people he already viewed... and while, yes, it will reduce the probability of his reading being wrong.... it will still not be certain. However, I would take 75% any day over 0% if we lynch a person that hasn't been viewed. Now I agree that there is the possibility that Dah'mir is playing us.... but at this junction I think I'm going to believe his roll claim.

My suggestion is that we choose one of the three today and if some feel strongly about him re-viewing someone... then he can do it tomorrow. But as far as this day goes, he already used it up so this is where we need to decide what to do. Those are my two cents anyhow. I've already cast my vote for Charis. I will, however, switch it with the majority if it goes to one of the other two, seeing as the chance of it being right or wrong is the same.

Nyn

I know that some have said that in the future Dah'mir better view one of the people he already viewed... and while, yes, it will reduce the probability of his reading being wrong.... it will still not be certain. However, I would take 75% any day over 0% if we lynch a person that hasn't been viewed. Now I agree that there is the possibility that Dah'mir is playing us.... but at this junction I think I'm going to believe his roll claim.

I have to agree with Nyn on this part.  Dah, you need to view one of the three of us again and see what the result is.  That way, by Day 4, we can have a much more accurate understanding of your situation. I find a lot of things wrong with your claim and finding three anti-town in a row; however, I am not willing to dismiss it. 

I am sure there are other finders out there and I would strongly recommend that on Night 2 we view Dah'mir. This will at least dismiss/confirm that Dah'mir is messing with us. 

Now, to recap what seem's to be too hard to find in the posts from before:

I am Remus Lupin.  I am uncontested in this claim.  My character is and has always been a good guy in the book series. 

I am Town aligned.  Those of you who are aligned like me can be sure I am using the right wording. 

I have two night actions, one passive and one active.  Thanks to Thorum, one of them will probably never be used.  The other one will be quite useful should I get the chance to use it. 

I am also Myndrunner.  My reputation seems to follow me in every game these days.  I have a knack for catching scum but I also have a knack for mis-direction when I am mafia, so this makes me automatically suspicious on Day 1 from both sides.  Mafia don't like me (see LOTR) and neither do the Town (see Dirty Cops Mafia). 

Some people don't like my tactics, but they are effective.  Some people understand how I play and that I never mean any offense to what I say.  Some seem to hold grudges and are so afraid of being burned by me that they ignore blatant facts and logic just because they don't want me to win. 

If there is a truthseer in this game, I beg you to view this post. 

Going forward, I shall refer the lazy townies to this very post. 

I can't stop writing

These Haikus are so fun!

I am addicted!

My PR is over, but I just can't help it!

Ok, so I can make sure I have this right, Daruya is possibly scum because both Talya and I received Post Restrictions.  This is because Pete'sDragonsworn doubled a suspected mafia. 

Now, I cannot quote the PM; however, I am not sure that the PR was even given by a player but rather the Mod/ASS Mods.  Its something to do with the Sorting Hat, at least mine was.  Talya, was yours similar?

Daruya, can you confirm this?  Maybe you should also reveal your character at this point.

For obvious reasons, I should not be lynched.  I also think that AemonKitten and Charis should not be lynched until we sort out this whole Dah'mir mess.  Lynching any one of us would be a mistake because 1) Dah could be messing with us and 2) even if we flipped an innocent character, it doesn't mean Dah is wrong. 

Besides, have we forgot about this whole Wombat/Adella thing?  Anyone notice a hostile tone in Adella's posts?  Symptoms of a guilty conscience, I must say.  While the town focuses on information gathering and deduction, mafia focus on mis-information and distraction.  Adella is not focused on the game but rather discrediting her accusers.  I'm having a hard time believing that its a personal thing but rather a reaction to my accusations.

I'm not buying that any of Dah's claims are accurate.  I have no idea how his findings are coming back this way, but I don't trust any of them enough to follow through with a lynch.

Personally, Wombat and Daruya are tops on my suspect list followed by Som1, so those would be the 3 I'd be willing to cast my vote for.

Edit:  Well, if that is so, then it would somewhat reduce the suspicions of Daruya to a lower level, but still worthy of keeping an eye on. 

But yeah, I completely agree with you on the other part.

Mynd, I think someone spelled me because I came all over funny and when I spoke rhyme just came out instead of normal words. Of course I'm, not quoting the mod, but you get my drift. I think mine was given to me by someone!

I can't say that I agree with Pete's move on doing what he did for those reasons.

This Dah business is getting very confusing. We can go on for ages about the percentages and chances. I think for the moment maybe try and turn to look somewhere else, but keep these three (now 4 with Aemon) in mind!

I don't think what Pete is saying proves that Dar (this Dah and Dar gets confusing) is mafia. She could well have had another role that got doubled. I would like to hear from Pete on why he thought she was so suspicious to do that too in the first place!

I'm of the opinion we shouldn't lynch Dah'mir or any of the people he's viewed at this point.  The 75% thing throws a lot of things off.

I've thought Daruya was suspicious because of how she reacted to Pete's vote on her on Day 1, she did seem pretty defensive when he called her out on it too, but that, at least to me, is pretty much all that we have on her (except Pete doubling her ability and her possibly being the PR-giver then).

I really don't have any idea who to lynch, except maybe Wombat, but even then, I personally don't have much reason to vote for him.  I'm kind of irritated at all the inactive players lurking--I'd say we should lynch them all first except that there's liable to be a few townies in there and that would give the mafia plenty of time to kill off even more people.

But it's frustrating.  Inactive players make the game a lot harder to play, especially on such a scale.

Again, though, Mynd, I think Wombat could be mafia, but if he is, I highly doubt Adella is mafia with him.  I think she might just be taking things personally because you do have a tendency not to let things go; I know I've gotten frustrated with that even though I knew you didn't mean it personally.  She does seem overly hostile, though, and if I wasn't pretty sure she's not on a team with anyone, I'd be more than willing to look into that.

Again, though, Mynd, I think Wombat could be mafia, but if he is, I highly doubt Adella is mafia with him.  I think she might just be taking things personally because you do have a tendency not to let things go; I know I've gotten frustrated with that even though I knew you didn't mean it personally.  She does seem overly hostile, though, and if I wasn't pretty sure she's not on a team with anyone, I'd be more than willing to look into that.

Meesh, I gotta ask, how are you so sure?  At this point in the game, we probably should lay most of our cards (not all) on the table. 

Wow, that was a lot to read! 

First, I wanna say that I hate the limited finder ability.  Everytime I have that role, I get lynched before they can even test my claim.  Completely in my own opinion, I think it is more hurtful than helpful to the town.  We'll spend all of our time arguing over whether or not results are true when they could be either way and that gives scum a chance to hide.

Second, I have no clue to Adella's alliance, however I don't think that her reactions to Mynd are really any indication.  The first time I played with him, I was very pissed through the whole game because he basically called anyone who wouldn't listen to him morons.  :P  I later learned that he didn't mean anything personal to anyone and that this is just the way he plays.  ;) 

I can understand why Pete double someone that he thought had a NK, but I also think it is very risky...it's bad enough that the mafia get a chance to take out an important role, but while were at it let's give them two.

I have no idea at this point what to do about Dah's viewings.  For the last 4 pages I had been ready to vote Mynd because he had still not come straight out and said his role, only hinted at it and said "what he thinks is true" but he quashed that about 10 posts up.  :-\ 

Archived