DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Feast of Fools: Your favourite Aes Sedai/Warder Bonded Pairs [POSSIBLE SPOILERS}

Okie dokey, we are going to talk about bondage – NO – get your mind out of the gutter, bondage as per the bonding between Aes Sedai and their warders and also Aes Sedai and Asha’man.

We see quite a few examples of bonding throughout the Wheel of Time, probably the most referenced being the bond between Moiraine Sedai and al’Lan Mandragoran, the bond between Elayne Trakand and Birgitte Silverbow, and later, the bond between Rand al’Thor, Elayne Trakand, Min Farshaw and Aviendha.

As we know, the bonding gives the Warder the ability to sense his Aes Sedai, to have knowledge of her location, her physical condition and her emotional state at any given time, the ability to sense shadowspawn, a greater ability to resist evil and increased stamina. The Aes Sedai gains some of these same abilities, additionally she is able to compulse her Warder, though this form of compulsion is rarely used.

Below is a list of Warders and their Wardees i found at http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Warder. It seems to be a fairly extensive list and a great start point for some of the lesser known bonded pairs.

So which bonded pair is your favourite? Do you have a reason or is it just because? Let’s discuss...

Warder

Wardee

Alric  

Siuan Sanche

Andro

Meilyn Arganya

Anjen

Leane Sharif

Anselan

Barashelle

Arinvar

Sheriam Bayanar

Avar Hachami

Myrelle Berengari

Balinor

Verin Mathwin

Bartol

Erian Boroleos

Basan

Merana Ambrey

Bassane

Merise Haindehl

Birgitte Silverbow

Elayne Trakand

Blaeric Negina

Joline Maza

Burin Shaeren

Lelaine Akashi

Carilo

Unknown Aes Sedai of Galina Casban’s contingent

Cieryl Arjuna

Careane Fransi

Croi Makin

Myrelle Berengari

Damer Flinn

Corele Hovian

Eben Hopwil

Daigian Moseneillin

Elyas Machera

Rina Hafden

Fearil

Elza Penfell

Fen Mizar

Joline Maza

Furen Alharra

Seonid Traighan

Harril

Pritalle Nerbaijan

Ihvon

Alanna Mosvani

Jaem

Vandene Namelle

Jahar Narishma

Merise Haindehl

Jori

Morvrin

Karile

Kerene Nagashi

Karldin Manfor

Beldeine Nyram

Kennit

Eldrith Jhondar

Lan Mandragoran

Moiraine Damodred, then Myrelle Berengari

Leonin

Meidani

Llyw

Kairen Stang, then Myrelle Berengari

Machan

Unknown Aes Sedai at Salidar

Mahiro Shukosa

Rafela Cindal

Ned Yarman

Sareitha Tomares

Nethan

Merise Haindehl

Nuhel Dromand

Myrelle Berengari

Owein

Alanna Mosvani

Powl

Asne Zeramene

Rand al'Thor

Alanna Mosvani, Elayne Trakand, Aviendha and Min Farshaw

Rashan

Erian Boroleos

Roshan

Samitsu Tamagowa

Rovair Kirklin

Masuri Sokawa

Sarin Hoigan

Nisao Dachen

Setagana

Anaiya

Stepin

Kerene Nagashi

Stevan

Demira Eriff

Tavan

Careane Fransi

Tervail Dura

Beonin Marinye

Teryl Wynter

Seonid Traighan

Tomas

Verin Mathwin

Venr Kosaan

Careane Fransi

Vitalien

Sarene Nemdahl

Waylin

Rina Hafden

I like the pair of Eben Hopwil & Daigian Moseneillin. They were comming from very different backgrounds (red ajah/asah'aman)and yet worked together during the near Battle of Shadar Logoth to cleanse the taint. Although they both didn't end up on top at the end of things, I like to think that when a Red cries for her warder, there has to be something far greater than just a broken bond. Perhaps, a deeper understanding of empathy between the two.

I was going to say Elyas since he is my favorite warder, but we really don't know that much about Rina. I get the impression that he took of because of all the crazy Aes Sedai and she was bound by duty to stay. At least that is my guess from the books.

Whoops, sorry. So many sisters to keep track of all of their Ajahs!  :-[

Now I think Siuan and Gareth are a cute pair, but we'll see how it goes. I'm sure there are other good pairs, but they don't get quite the limelight.

Oh Bela, I'm 100% positive Elyas and RIna will have a run in by or at Tarmon Gaidon!

My vote is for Elayne and Birgette :D

Come on, not only is Birgette a total BAMF (not explaining for those that don't know) but they really are a GREAT pair to have on the same side. I am a fan of Elayne tho, sooo.. I might be biased! ;D

I think outwardly and in social settings the Aes Sedai is usually the dominant...in private though, Im not so sure. I think that might be akin to the personality of the bonded pair. Generally though, I think most men have a sense of wanting to protect a woman..be this as a noble trait or a flaw to maniuplate, that leads to be seen  ;D

Now an Asha'man and an Aes Sedai, or two woman as a bonded pair...that might be difficult to figure out.

You should really put a spoilers tag on this. I didn't realize I could miss so much about bindings from the few books I have yet to read, plus the books I hardly remember toward the end of the series lol. That said, I suppose Elayne and birgitte do it for me- I like how birgitte still dominates and teases Elayne... When the time is appropriate.

Archived