DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Oh Canada!

ChronoCrosS

Apparently there is now a event on Facebook titled something similar to "Hate Sydney Crosby" because he stole the dreams of millions of US children by taking gold from them

Haha, they (or you  ???) can't even spell it right. Even so, the Americans had a great tournament. Not a lot of skill on that team, but a lot of heart. The Russians were just the opposite and that is why they lost.

I was cheering like a mad man for the US hoping you wouldn't steal our gold medal record.

I think you guys were tied with the Soviet union for that record if I'm right.

Apparently there is now a event on Facebook titled something similar to "Hate Sydney Crosby" because he stole the dreams of millions of US children by taking gold from them

Haha, they (or you  ???) can't even spell it right. Even so, the Americans had a great tournament. Not a lot of skill on that team, but a lot of heart. The Russians were just the opposite and that is why they lost.

Nah, just me XD

And now we have to endure a winless summer olympic where China gets 70 gold medals, before going to Sochi and trying to win back that record. But seeing how the Russians did so poorly this olympics games they'll probably be on all kinds of perfomance enhancing drugs to defend Russia's honour in the olympics. I can't wait to see some snarling Russian experiment gone bad, where the skiers have kangaroo feet and a grizzly bear mouth doing the 50 km in 30 minutes.

Guest BaLefireP

Great Olympics for all, but Canada sets new record for Gold Medals!!!

Their figure skaters did GREAT this year! they deserved the Gold. :)

All the judging events are great spectator sports but it's just unfair to say that there are a clear cut top three. A lot of times, fourth through eighth are close as well, and it's not as if you are measuring the winner by time, or weight lifted or distance. It's a judge voting on you. So no, I don't think they should be removed as they as viewers to the games, just that they really don't deserve their medals as there is really no way to select a top three unless all but three fail miserably.

I can see Chrono's point but to be fair it's not as if there aren't a highly structured set of guidelines for the judges and participants to work from. For example, the ideal way for a gymnast to land (I'm making stuff up almost at this point, I don't know a lot about gymnastics).

The judging standard has become, especially for gymnastics, almost impossibly high.  We can all debate the qualities, good or bad, of the movie Stick It!...but the movie had it right in their commentary on gymnastics judging.  The judges literally expect perfection, and perfection doesn't exist.  They take off for the stupidest things.  However, I think that judging sports should be included in the olympics.

Also, tennis and hockey don't count as judging sports

That would leave out sports like tennis and hockey out of the summer games, what are referees? Judges. Ice Hockey would need to be dropped from the winter games in your JUDGEMENT chrono.

The refereee is a non-factor in 99% of hockey games.  And besides, if they screw up in crunch time, dealing with a goal, there are video reviews.  Not quite the same as gymnastics.

never said they were. Just said most sports have a judge of some description involved and you were saying judged sports didn't belong in in the games.

The refereee is a non-factor in 99% of hockey games.  And besides, if they screw up in crunch time, dealing with a goal, there are video reviews.  Not quite the same as gymnastics.

and so...... they would then get re-judged???? :P

Archived