DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most touching scenes...

Impressive Bosom

When rand realizes that ingtar is a dark friends.  Ingtar goes on to tell about his trials to return to the light.  He then goes to by them time to get away and Rand says "May the last embrace of the mother welcome you home"  And Ingtar steels himself and turns for his death, knowing he has kinda redeemed himself.

Loial and Erith's wedding and erith standing up to loials mom telling her that it is wifes job to tend a husband.

i got a small list of tear jerkers

1. Hopper in EoTW "Run Young Bull!!....To Soar"

2. Fedwinn Morr being put down in APOD

3. Loila in TDR when  he swears to Perrin that while hes in TAR no one will pass by him to their bodies.

4. When Perrin learns the little boy in Two Rivers is his cousin, and the kid says oh boy lord perrin called me cousin.

Epic ---==="THE GOLDEN CRANE FLIES TARMON'GAIDON"===--- if this didnt get you teary theres something wrong with you.

side note: in TGH i really like the fact that Tom decapitates the king of caihreraen as revenge for his women.

most touching scenes (in no partilcuar order)

1. the three girls bond rand

2. elayne and aviendha  go to the wise ones to become first sisters

3. rand asks to ensure that the two boys outside the walls of tear get food

4. min crawls into rand's bed after rand has been wounded by fain

5. the whole of the two rivers story arc in TSR

6. gawyn vows to betray anything and everything for egwene.

7. egwene admits her lie to the wise ones

8. rand counts the dead maidens after dumai wells

most touching scenes (in no partilcuar order)

1. the three girls bond rand

2. elayne and aviendha  go to the wise ones to become first sisters

3. rand asks to ensure that the two boys outside the walls of tear get food

4. min crawls into rand's bed after rand has been wounded by fain

5. the whole of the two rivers story arc in TSR

6. gawyn vows to betray anything and everything for egwene.

7. egwene admits her lie to the wise ones

8. rand counts the dead maidens after dumai wells

A couple of ones I wish I had mentioned in there... the bonding of Rand by the three girls and the 'adoption' of Elayne and Aviendha were great, great moments... as was the scene where Egwene 'gives' Rand to Elayne early on...

Egwene enduring her punishments at the hands of the Wise Ones, when one of them (can't remember which) says she has no 'toh' towards her and another tells her to get up lest everyone thing she is overproud or boastful.

And, in keeping with the theme that this thread isn't just about tear-jerkers, I can't believe I failed to mention that spine-tingling moment at Dumai's Well when the Asha'man make their first real appearance... "Asha'man - Rolling Ring of Earth and Fire!"

Wow.

Ingtar's last stand... Epic.

Two rivers battle.

The list of names of dead females gets better as it goes on. I like it in TGS.

Mat and Tuons marriage, both parts.

When Mat realises he's PoR

When Nyn heals logain.

Moiraine V Lanfear

Prolouge 1, when LTT realises he's killed everyone

Aviendha running from Rand.

Rand Trying to do the Impossible is always good. Cleansing Saidan etc. But i particularly like when he fails to bring the boy back to life with Callandor

Rands attack on Andor... Was it Mat that died? And the Dark Hounds.

When Perrin kills Faile's protector!! Harsh...

I love Bain, Chiad and Gaul scenes.

Dumai's Well

So many amazing scenes...

EDIT: OOOOoooo and Thom telling the boys to run in Whitebridge while he runs at the fade. Or when he discovers his girlfriend is dead, and the revenge he gets...

I definitely cried when Ingtar died to save Rand and co,...

When Loial says that no matter what no one will get past him while Perrin went to save his Falcon.

And no matter how many time I read through the books....I really cried when Perrin learns that his family is all dead and that they have been buried under the apple trees..

and again when he meets his cousin for the first time.. Lol guess I'm a softy <3

My favourite 'touching' scene is now, and has always been, this one...

Perrin hesitated before answering. He had dreaded this. He felt about the wolves as he did about Two Rivers people. They have caged Shadowkiller, he thought at last. That was what the wolves called Rand, but he had no idea whether they considered Rand important.

The shock filling his mind was answer enough, but howls filled the night, near and far, howls filled with anger and fear. In the camp horses whinnied fearfully, stamping their hooves as they shied against the picket ropes. Men ran to calm them, and others to peer into the darkness as if expecting a huge pack to come after the mounts.

We come, Half Tail replied at last. Only that, and then others answered, packs Perrin had spoken to and packs that had listened silently to the two-legs who could speak as the wolves did. We come. No more.

No matter how many times I re-read it, it makes my hair rise.

Edit- spoiler goes bye bye.

Honestly, if what I wrote counted as a spoiler -- I listed a character who was at a geographic location in TSG -- then dress me up and call me Sally!! There's more spoilers in the the book jacket. By far.

If you can't read the giant capital stickied topic at the top of this board you deserved to be dressed up and named Sally--though come to think of it why 'Sally'? Is she known for her dubious personality or something?

In any case you were warned. ABSOLUTELY NO TGS COMMENTS ON THIS BOARD!!! Period.

Way to grab an obscure moment, Luckers... and I totally agree with you.

So many spine-tingling moments in this series. I was one of th elucky (unlucky?) few who started reading this series pretty much when it came out... so I'd read a book, wait year, then read another. I really envy newcomers to the series who can enjoy the series as a SERIES and read the books in close enough succession that they don't forget as much as I have from one book to the next, even with all my re-reads. It's like getting to watch Lost or BSG by season on DVD rather than being at the mercy of weekly episodes and seasonal breaks.

Truth be told, that's the real reason I've fallen so in love with this forum... I discovered it the day I bought tGS, and it has already added so much to my enjoyment of the books. Thatnks again to you and the staff for what is obviously a labor of love.

Maybe not the most touching in a sad or sweet way but in a WOW, get your heart pumping, way was this quote from Nynaeve.

"Does he ride alone?"

The thought that Lan will cross the Borderlands and that she is setting him up to lead an army and that all it is going to take is that question is chill inducing.  Good stuff.

Maybe not the most touching in a sad or sweet way but in a WOW, get your heart pumping, way was this quote from Nynaeve.

"Does he ride alone?"

The thought that Lan will cross the Borderlands and that she is setting him up to lead an army and thaty all it is going to take is that question is chill inducing.  Good stuff.

I swear I heard the music from 'The Ride of the Rohirrim' from the third Lord of the Rings movie (damn that music is good), after Aragorn sees the beacons lit and runs into the Hall of Theoden and says "The Beacons are lit! Gondor calls for aid!"

And Theoden pauses, then says... "And Rohan will answer!"

The two scenes gave me the exact kind of chills. That was my favorite moment in the entire KoD...

"Does he ride alone?"

The thought that Lan will cross the Borderlands and that she is setting him up to lead an army and thaty all it is going to take is that question is chill inducing.  Good stuff.

I swear I heard the music from 'The Ride of the Rohirrim' from the third Lord of the Rings movie (damn that music is good), after Aragorn sees the beacons lit and runs into the Hall of Theoden and says "The Beacons are lit! Gondor calls for aid!"

And Theoden pauses, then says... "And Rohan will answer!"

The two scenes gave me the exact kind of chills. That was my favorite moment in the entire KoD...

Definitely hearing a huge orchestra in my head as I read that passage.  Very dramatic.

Not really a great one...just a general kind of sad moment thing.

In NS, when Moiraine and Siuan are taking names.

And Susa Wynn comes up with her baby who is too old...

Moiraine is about to send her away, but Siuan touches her arm and she looks again.

It is cool to see how Moiraine is still learning...

Archived