DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most touching scenes...

Impressive Bosom

I was able to find posts about the saddest and funniest scenes, and I had a little trouble with them because I couldn't remember anything sad or funny that made me do more than sigh or chuckle... but there HAVE been scenes that moved me to tears or gave me goose bumps and I'd love to know which, if any, did the same for you.

Two that especially got me was when the Trollocs were about to attack Emond's Field and Perrin was reviweing the defenses and came across the women of the village surrounding the children with knives and cleavers and pitch-forks... when Perrin queried them about it, he was told that 'this is Women's Circle business' and he nodded, admitting that he knew better than to interfere with that. That brought tears to my eyes, considering the certain hopelessness they were facing. Then when the women were fighting amongst the men in that desperate hour echoing the last hours of Manetheren and then Faile returning to save the day... really the highlight of the series for me so far even though it happened relatively early on.

The other one, the one that still gives me chills, is in the Knife of Dreams when Nynaeve makes Lan promise that he will let others ride with him to Tarwin's Gap if they wish, then she secretly spreads the word throughout the Borderlands, town and village, that the Last of the Malkeiri Kings is riding from World's End to fight the Shadow - and would he ride alone?

Just wow.

The end scene after Perrin went into the Wolfdream to save Faile in The Dragon Reborn is my vote for most touching. Something about the atmosphere makes it exceptional. The line by Perrin, "Faile. My falcon," while he's covered in blood is just amazingly done.

And yes, the famous Emond's Field scene in TSR was what made that book the one I've read at least 20 times. The letter and the setup around it was amazing, as was the emotional intensity of the entire thing. It's marriage, battle, and salvation wrapped into an amazing couple of chapters. Perrin's voice write before the battle is so realistic and well done. I will readily admit that if I want something fun to read, I'll just go through the Perrin chapters in TSR.

I have to agree that Nynaeve asking Lan's ol' buddies if he would ride alone was really touching....it actually made me teary eyed....

But the one that is most prominent in my mind and the one I always think of when I think of touching moments is when Adeleas and Vandene were questioning the BA sister...and I think it was Adeleas who died....

but Elayne and Nynaeve walk out and all they is a heart-shattering scream as she mourned her sister....

There wasn't a lot of description to it...but it was soooo sad.....

that scene always reminds me of when (in Xena: Warrior Princess), Xena screams when her son, Solan, dies...

There are more but I can't think of them right now....

I totally agree about the Battle of Emond's Field. I don't think Jordan wrote with that much passion and emotion before or afterwards. Everything from beginning to end was genuinely touching. The women with the kids like you said, and Faile coming to the rescue at the end. But also Perrin's letter to Faile. Loial running with Gaul in his arms, and Gaul saying Loial outran all the Trollocs and Myddral from the mountains to Emonds Field. Loial making a joke about an Ogier hero, and Perrin correcting him, telling him he is a hero. And Perrin at the end, looking at Bornhald in the eye and telling him any one of the Emond's Field woman had more courage then the whole group of Whitecloaks. Amazing scenes.

Egwene and Nynaeve's tests for Accepted, where Egwene was the Amyrlin, Nynaeve left behind Two Rivers folk when they begged her to stay, and also leaving Lan.

Moiraine's death. Moiraine's letter to Rand.

Nynaeve's unblocking and being saved by Lan, though I guess that was more triumphant than sad, but it's still touching.

This is a spiffy topic, ImpBo!!!

I would like to submit one that would probably have to be submitted under the ''Bro-Mance'' category, buuuut:

That one time in that one book (can't remember which) where Lan and Rand are being chased through that one city (can't remember which city) and end up on the rooftops and Lan slips and is dangling over the edge, about to fall to his death, and Rand catches his arm and is holding Lan from above as Lan dangles over the edge in the air and Lan is all like ''Just let go Dude; its all good'' and Rand is all like ''Not on your life, My Man'' and saves our favorite Gaidan.

Awwwwwww :)

Fish

Don;t they both end up falling though???

lol

Egwene and Nynaeve's tests for Accepted, where Egwene was the Amyrlin, Nynaeve left behind Two Rivers folk when they begged her to stay, and also leaving Lan.

Moiraine's death. Moiraine's letter to Rand.

Nynaeve's unblocking and being saved by Lan, though I guess that was more triumphant than sad, but it's still touching.

All of these are great ones!!!

Nyn's unblocking was soooooo great....I teared up.....my eyes got all watery  :'(....I mean come on.....Lan came to save her, but she didn't need it....

I'm a softy...but dam....that was good...

And the Accepted tests...where Nyn has to leave Lan and she comes out....but with thorns in her hands....

And Egwene's....leaving her baby...back when her and Rand were still possibly going to be married!

Is that the one when he gets abducted from the Sun Palace???

i do not remember this......and I've read the darn series three times in two years.....how could I not remember this?

But it sounds good.....

lol...

Another one is when Faile and Perrin finally stop fighting and then marry later...but then he tries to send her away...

ok..the whole fight for the Two Rivers was awesome!!!!

it was pg 653 for me....i already forgot...

but I checked the table of contents....turned to the general 600's....

and turned right to the page!!!

lol....i was like whoa!

it was right there at the top....

it was a good scene....

Im glad you found it!!! - And it IS a Great scene!!!

And it is just another awesome example of how even though he hates it and just tries to be a ''comman man'' Perrin's true nature really IS to take command when the you know what hits the fan...he rose up to lead the Two Rivers when the Trollocs came...he takes comman here to go get Rand back...Mats a lil flashier and Rand may well go down in the history books, but Perrin just does what he has to get the job done. Hes a natural leader (all 3 Ta'veren are) he just fights against it - even more than Cauthon or Rand.

Now...just to avoid getting ImpBo peeved at me...another Awesomely Touching Scene:

Moirane Damodred's last words ever to The Dragon Reborn: ''You will do well, Rand.''

Fish

Her whole letter was a touching scene....

but what followed right after was so much better IMO...

P.S. what is ImpBo? lol...sorry..new to posting a lot....

When, (I believe Sulin) comes and breaks her spears one by one, until Rand puts his hand on the third...and she steps on it...

and when he walks out the building....the whole long line of FDM.....

Or when the three of them (not sure which ones) beat him up and Min can't do anything....how they carefully avoid his left side...(left right?)

To answer your question...''ImpBo'' is ME being LAZY - LOL!!!

Impressive Bosom (ImpBo is shorter to type) is the Starter of This Thread ... And I was just trying to keep from Hijacking onto Perrin here...

I think another real touching part in the series was when Lan leaves Rand after Moirane dies and Rand says ''I thought you were my friend, Lan'' ... and Lan says ''I AM your friend, Rand - but I cannot stay.''

Fish

It really IS shorter to type!!! ... And yeah, Lan leaving Rand, it definitely IS another 'Bro-Mance' Scene lol ... Which ... Honest to Pete, really is just a coincidence ... For some reason, when this Thread popped up, asking for ''Most Touching Scenes'' .... a few that just happened to feature Rand and Lan popped into my head ... I promise that I'm not really Stuck-On 'Bro-Mances' ... Not that theres anything WRONG with that ... ;)

How About When: Elayne tells Mat ''I saw what you did, Mat'' and Thanks him with great sincerity (for once!)

Book 7 ... I Thiiiink.

EDIT: OH!!! - Thinking of Mat and Elayne made me think of Mat and Egwene and one of the alltime TOUCHINGEST Scenes there ever was!!!

It was that one time (Can't remember book) when the snooooooty Aes Sedai were treating Egwene like D-I-R-T after she has just been made Amyrilyn (And they thought shed just be a puppet.)

Mat observes this treatment of Egwene and thinks to himself ''NOBODY treats a chick from The Two Rivers like THAT!''

He then walks up, kneels to her and addresses her as ''Mother.''

Egwene is startled and touched and softly murmurs ''Thank you, Mat.''

... Yeah, i still get a lil STEAMED sometime when i thinks bout how Nyn and Eg and Elayne used to treat Mat early on!!!!!!!!

Fish

Oh hellz yes...

that was amazing....it really threw off the AS around her....

that was heading off to Ebou Dar  (5 or 6?)

the first one is in Setalle's Inn right?

Where she says that? about the rescue in Tear?

or r u mentioning something diff?

I think this was already mentioned...

But I really loved when rand was carrying Tam through The West Wood...

And then when he finally got to town and he tells Nyn to do something....but she can't.....and Egwene is so sorry for him....

Hmmmmmm...my legendary (for its unreliability) memory is actually kicking in.

I don't think it WAS in Setalle's Inn (the Wandering Woman)

I think what basically happened is, Mat, The Super Girls, and a couple of Redarms led a raid on a joint they found where they thought The Magic Windy Bowl was and get ambushed and torn to shreds because they didn't expect Black Ajah or a Gholam to be there...they escaped...with the Bowl...but, not without alot of injuries and fatalities (like Nalasean).

Yeah, the one you mention is pretty touching too - with Nyaneve. In fact, it seems like that gal has been in alot of those sorts of scenes...like right after Semi blows off Rand's hand and she is clearly anguished that she cant fix him...

Fish

ok....i know which scene you mean now....

really...there are sooo many great scenes in the series (i mean come on there are 12 books!!!)

it is so hard to remember them all...

A good scene is wear Moiraine is at Vandene and Adeleas'(SP?) little cottage....and she has her "passed the bond" talk...

When, (I believe Sulin) comes and breaks her spears one by one, until Rand puts his hand on the third...and she steps on it... and when he walks out the building....the whole long line of FDM.....

Or when the three of them (not sure which ones) beat him up and Min can't do anything....how they carefully avoid his left side...(left right?)

This one was really great. I felt EXACTLY what Rand would have been feeling, the confusion that bordered on sudden panic and heartbreak when Sulin began breaking her spears.

What about that one, spine-tingling moment when all of a sudden Nynaeve sits back, and in a very quiet voice tells someone to go get help, that she just Healed Logaine? And of course, the tearful hope of Leanne and Siuan when they discover that they, too, might be Healed from Stilling?

Oh god yes!

I just got got tingles thinking about it...lol

It was so amazing....and all the stupid uppity AS and Yellow especially, telling her it is impossible...she must be mistaken....Sheriam and the others getting her angry...

Her joy and Siuan and Leane crying...(i think only Leane cried)

that was an amazing scene....

That is why Nyn is so awesome...she has overcome so much and accomplished so much....

By the time we get to Egwene actually discovering Traveling...it's like meh....

And sure Elayne's Ter'angreal (and possibly sa'- and regular angreal) is just not as special....

Archived