DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mulled wine

Jelly

I'm sure it's not against PG13 rules to talk about alcohol, is it?

Who's tasted mulled wine? I might be trying it sometime... but I hate alcohol. Can't stand the taste :-\ Does it taste particularly alcoholy?

And on another note, if one wanted to get drunk, but not too drunk, just enough to satisfy curiosity, and didn't want to taste the alcohol much, what drink would you recommend?

(I'm asking here because I know a few of you drink occasionally ;))

Well, I like to drink, but have never been drunk, by both choice and the fact that I have a REALLY high alcohol tolerance. I had mulled wine once. I didn't particularly like it. One thing I can say though is that you could find  something that tastes better if you wanted to get a little drunk. lol

Mulled wine can be nice, it depends.

I wouldn't think that it would be pg13 as long as we don't advocate that it is the thing to do. Over here things are less strict. You can drinkl at home over the age of 5 (within re4ason of course) and under adult supervision. this usually means a very dilutes sparkling wine, with lemonade and orange juice on very special occassions.

My daughter has had the odd sip, but that is all. just to taste it. I don't believe in banning it as it will only lead to it being a forbidden fruit. I was never banned from drinking it when I was in my teens. in fact my mum used to buy me a large bottle of cider (proper cider than you guys in the states have...alcholo this is) when I went to a party.

I have been drunk a few times in my youth, mainly I didn't when to stop. I have now a healthy respect for it, and usually drink steadily throughout a night. If it is a long night or I feel it going to my head I mat include softdrinks instead. I still have a great laugh, but don't do anything really stupid (as in embarressingly stupid) nor do I have a hanger over. I have also learnt that additives etc in some drinks are more likely to cause stomach upsets afterwards. Cheap beers, some wines and spirits will do this. Mainly I stick to vodka now as I don't have anyside effects and I dilute it too.

So lecture over with ;)

It's all a matter of taste. Some wine can be nice. If you are not used to the taste I would go for the sweeter wines as dry ones are a required taste, that is for White wine. I actually prefer Rosé. Dilute any drink down and it makes the taste less stronger. Alchopops are popular with younger people because they are more like fruit drinks. but beware they can still be high in Alcohol, just because they don't taste it. 

My personal preference is Kahlua mixed with milk. It's called a white russian and you can dilute it to your heart's content if at home. Smirnoff Ice is also good, one of those alcopop Tal mentioned.

I'm planning on making mulled wine this weekend, but I tend to for a light-bodied red wine for that, not as strong.

Archived