DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who else hates Faile?

Reyoru

I wouldn't say she was my favourite character, but neither is she the worst.

One important point about her is that our view of her is usually from Perrin's perspective, who is unusually sensitive to people's moods.

Your average Joe might easily be married to a girl with the mood swings and jealousy of Faile without ever really realising something is wrong.

Maybe Faile is the typical woman and only Perrin knows it  ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she was a real person, and i had the third person perspective that the books give us, then i would definately wish to nail her head by the empty eye sockets to the top of the amarylin's palace :D

However, as a character she would probably be quite interesting, if i gave her a chance. Which i won't :D

Check out the 'Perrin is a doofus/wolfking' thread (Structured Discussions i think) for more Faile hate  8)

I doubt they will split up, as Min saw a viewing of a Broken Crown around Perrin, which if I remember correctly is the symbol of Saldean royalty which he would only have a claim to through Faile.

As to whether I like her or not.. Yes, of course I do. Shes resourceful, bold, intelligent, loving and most importantly - knows how to handle knives!

I have never understood the dislike for the likes of Faile / Elayne et al, they all each have their charm and own unique appeal. But of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion - a pox on thee free speech!

don't really wanna read through all 5 pages...but I might....but just in case....

exactly!!!

sure, we all get our own opinions....but come on...I'm pretty sure did not want to make these characters perfect...they have their bad qualities (actual or perceived) because of their upbringing....

some say Faile is psuhy, likes to neuter, hot headed or w/e....but in Saldaea...that is how woman are....people grow up and learn from their surroundings...and most follow those ways....

does everyone hate Deira(SP? her mom right?) too? Bashere knows how to deal with her becase he is Saldaean.....Perrin is not and haas a lot to learn.....he didn't know much of anything until Elyas gave his advice...

Elayne is a freakin princess....of course she is snooty, with her nose in the air....she has been raised to be a queen...to take the throne after her mother...then she finds out she is a powerful channeler.....hello? would you not be a little snooty?

She isn't really high-maintenance or uppity..she has learned that people need respect...but she is queen and of course she believes she should get more respect for it....

anyways...the point i was originally going to make is that these are characters and although fake...they can resemble real people...we all have our faults which some people cannot stand!

Except for when she's playing AS (that includes time spent harassing Matt), and when she suddenly thinks that she's invincible, i actually like Elayne very much. Though this is mainly due to her mother's teaching, and a bit from Thom (oh i also hate the little girl she plays around him), she still is generally a very savy ruler, and treats most of her adversaries and underlings in exactly the right ways. Like when most of the houses give her their support, she accepts graciously, and at the same time has them watched until they publicise their support, and does not hide the fact from them.

It's just like in New Spring, when Lan is in Shienar i believe, and the servant rushes to take care of all his clothes and such - even though he is a soldier and is well able to look after himself, he does not try to relieve the servant of the task, as he knows he/she (foggy memory) would be insulted-

There was no need to insult him, just because he was a servant

Sorry thats actually paraphrased.

The point is he knows how to handle people. I mean, where i come from, many people would feel really bad if they let some1 do all that for them without AT LEAST helping them, if not doing it for themselves. My initial reaction was that Lan is a selfish dusche bag, when he could do it himself, however i quickly realised that he did precisely the right thing. He graciously let the servant do what they were there to do.

The same goes for Elayne. She often speaks of respecting servants and letting them do there job (as they really want to) even though it makes some things, such as picking outfits, tedious and not as she would want. I don't have exact quotes, but you'll recall the numerous times she says it would be unwise to insult the First Maid, even though she's technically a servant,  as one's life would become unpleasant in innumerable ways.

The point is, when Elayne's actually on the ground(even if that's in the thrown room) running things, she's damn good

I don't really hate her, I just don't like all of her interactions with Perrin. Some have been very cute, though, like when she makes him propose to her over and over again so that she can hear him say it.

But I have to say, that while I understand for a person like Perrin that Faile is a better fit... I'd be all over Berelain and it would be like 'Zarine who?'

Faile reminds of my wife a little... only in that they are both irrational and very mean to their husbands. Other than that I like her (and my wife).

IMO Faile seems to be a bitch half the time - too cunning for a nice, straight (minded) man like Perrin. The other half of the time she's busy tiring him out in the bed. >__>'

No offense, Doctor, just pointing out bad qualities of Faile. :D (well, just 1 bad quality, XD)

I thought Faile was fine when we met her and up through Dumais Wells. I was pleased with them being married and in the Two Rivers. But since Rand was rescued and Perrin "exiled" Perrin has been stuck off to the side in subplots. The capture and rescue of Faile takes way too long and is the parts I am most likely to skip in re reads.  The shout or don't shout aspects of their relationship remind me of Deep Space Nine episodes where Worf and Jadzia got married. Esp where she dealt with the wife of his friend/father replacement. They are very Bashere and wife

I have already stated how much I cannot stand Perrin and Faile a few times. *wink*.  Was not going to comment until I saw that someone called her beutiful.  I hope you will retract that, as even RJ describes her as having nose that keeps her from being beutiful!!  She needs to be captured and used by fades while perrin watches and they both need to be eaten by trollocs.

I hope we do not go through the whole series without some of the good guys being killed. I am still not over the fact that the Great Lord is going to lose. And Perrin deserves to die for for being ready to forsake the light for Falie.  Perrin is worse than Darkfrind, and at the root it is because of Faile.

I can't believe you just said that. -dies-

Really? You support Fade-rape?

Anyways, the dynamic between Faile and Perrin is the most interesting in the series! I might be a little biased, I've always had a thing for cute blacksmiths, though.  ;)

And: come on guys, you don't have to look like Megan Fox to be beautiful.

Archived