DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Stargate Universe - SyFy - Fri 9pm est

Emperor

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, last ep was ok, at best. There were a few gems, but they got overshadowed by a failed attempt to build up this feeling of panic, despite the resolution being obvious before we were halfway through.

My favourite gems: The loudmouth getting floored, the look on Elis face (you will know it when you see it), and the quite interesting question Young asked Rush at the end.

I thought this was a place to discuss the latest episodes and such so if you're afraid of spoilers it might be good to avoid here until you watch the episodes.

On that note, I'm pretty sure Rush was lying at the end and he didn't know.

Plus, WTF with the senators daughter and the soldier dude. In all the previous episodes there's no hint of attraction or even knowing each other and all of the sudden they're going at it?

I am not so sure that he was actually lying, chances are he at least suspected something. The ship has been going for quite a few years, what are the odds that it would make such a huge mistake in navigation at that particualr moment? So it is very possible Rish suspected this would happen, but as he was not absolutely sure, better not say anything, and let people die because of his mistake.

I also think that his choice to take that risk came at least partially from how he views himself. Mr brilliant stuck on a bloody rock in the middle of nowhere? Diving into a star seems like a better option, end the suffering right there, right then.

As for Chloe and the soldier, I think it was more a case of 'We are going to die, so lets comfort eachother'. People do have certain needs, after all.

• Community Administrator

I am not so sure that he was actually lying, chances are he at least suspected something. The ship has been going for quite a few years, what are the odds that it would make such a huge mistake in navigation at that particualr moment? So it is very possible Rish suspected this would happen, but as he was not absolutely sure, better not say anything, and let people die because of his mistake.

I also think that his choice to take that risk came at least partially from how he views himself. Mr brilliant stuck on a bloody rock in the middle of nowhere? Diving into a star seems like a better option, end the suffering right there, right then.

As for Chloe and the soldier, I think it was more a case of 'We are going to die, so lets comfort eachother'. People do have certain needs, after all.

Yea, but fatty needs some lovin to. And wasn't mr.soldier the same one who was having a closet afair with someone momemts before the 'incident'?

Yea, but fatty needs some lovin to. And wasn't mr.soldier the same one who was having a closet afair with someone momemts before the 'incident'?

Yeah he was makin' it with that soldier chick that stood guard at the shuttle doors.

Given her "I've felt closer to you than anyone" (or something like that) statement, I don't know if it was purely a "We are going to die, so lets comfort each other." moment.

Given her "I've felt closer to you than anyone" (or something like that) statement, I don't know if it was purely a "We are going to die, so lets comfort each other." moment.

Having Death breathing down your neck tend to bring out exagerations from some people, especially if they just got lucky. And since it does seem like she might hook up with Mathboy somewhere down the road, Soldierboy probably is not the great love of her life.

Having Death breathing down your neck tend to bring out exagerations from some people, especially if they just got lucky. And since it does seem like she might hook up with Mathboy somewhere down the road, Soldierboy probably is not the great love of her life.

Or, He's a Red Shirt, or first 'victim' to the new 'menace' of the 'universe', like borg is to star trek.

If this follows the voyager ruleset, That makes where they are 'heading' the 'homeworld' to some bigger 'threat'. ;)

Chloe and the Lt. have been having a "thing" since episode 1.  He was there for her when her father died.  He was the one telling her about the loss of his family.  After he had his visions on the dessert planet and saved them with the limestone he found she brought him her ration of water.  They've been playing at the whole attraction thing all season long.  It makes sense that she goes after the hottie and not the friend.  Eli is a friend, nothing more, to her.  It wasn't that way for Eli, but for her she was never attracted to Eli.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its... alright.

But.. They need to start getting plots aside from 'onoes something bad happened, we are all goign to diiieeee'.

The season also felt very, very, very short compared to other stargates...

Really the show could deal with more extra-terrestrial advasaries.

And we all know rush is coming back in season 2 as a 'villian'.

One other thing I dislike.

The camera work.

It looks to ameture to me. Its like they purposely shake the camera saying its 'style' when its just sloppy camera work. ;)

Sin, the full season is 20 episodes, it is just an abnormal long break for the holidays.

I do not have a problem with most episodes so far being about reacting to bad things happening, it makes a lot of sense to have quite a bit of that in the beginning, considering the state of the ship. One of the main problems with Atlantis was that they got everything working almost immidiatly, now we get a different approach.

And I can not see Rush coming back as a villain. While his methods often are quite questionable, everything he does has been for the right reason. I can not see him changing that just because he is pissed at Young.

And I can not see Rush coming back as a villain. While his methods often are quite questionable, everything he does has been for the right reason. I can not see him changing that just because he is pissed at Young.

I can. Yes what he has been doing falls under the scope of 'the right reasons', but underlying that is his obsession with Destiny. Of course I don't really credit the writers with the ability to play that sort of subtlety, but hopefully I'll be surprised.

As it is the only reason I watch this show is its the only space show on at the moment.

• 3 months later...

Archived