DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do they look like?

arkinia

I found this on accident in a random Google search: http://takoren.tripod.com/id8.html

I'm not sure what this is exactly. There are characters and corresponding actors, but is this the actual cast-to-be (it seems a bit star heavy, maybe, then the comments make it sound more realistic, but that could be easily hypothetical) or someone's predictions or preferences? I can't tell, I don't see "Red Eagle" anywhere, but, Hey, maybe I'm an idiot. Anyways I'm sure we can make a discussion out of it. You can see more of the choices by scrolling down and clicking to see the next page.

I think most of the actors chosen are very good, I could see them portraying the character easily, especially the girls. Except Christina Ricci as Faile, that just isn't really how I imagined her, but maybe the picture could be misleading. I'm really happy with the choices for Egwene and Moiraine, they look perfect to me! The choice for the Myrdraal, I think is bad. I would imagine snake-like, flowing-movement creatures to be more lanky and pale means sickly to me, Christopher Adamson doesn't fit. I'd think Rhuarc would be broader than David Caruso. I'd get bored writing what I thought of all the choices so.

What do you think of these?

This is an old fanmade cast, and is in no way whatsoever related to the movie REE is producing.

I figured... some of it was just too good.

I would not put it that way, as there are very few I am even close to agreeing to.

Some of the cast I agree with, some not. Although I have to say that although I haven't thought of it before, Christopher Lloyd would be AWESOME as Thom. Mainly because I've always liked him as an actor, and I could see him being able to pull off Thom's personality. The pick for Perrin, though... hmm. I don't think it fits for him to be that dark-skinned when everyone else from the two rivers isn't. And he just doesn't seem to fit for me, but whatever.

All I know is that this guy (Jason Isaacs) has to be a Whitecloak.  I don't care which one, he just has to be there.

I could see him playing Jacin Carridin. Can't you just picture Jason Issacs all decked in Inquistor robes, beggging a Fade to take his sister?

I was going through the list, bad bad, awful, one God no, then I got to Rufus Sewell(?) as Valda and I was....well, that isn't a bad choice, little young but pretty good. 

That was the only good choice I saw.  Chrispoher Lloyd's voice is a bit to scratchy for Thom.  I pictured a old British Shaekspearan actor like Ian Mckelleon(?) as Thom.

That was the only good choice I saw.  Chrispoher Lloyd's voice is a bit to scratchy for Thom.  I pictured a old British Shaekspearan actor like Ian Mckelleon(?) as Thom.

I also feel that Christopher Lloyd is too comedic of an actor for Thom's role.  Yeah, Thom is a gleeman, but there really isn't anything comedic about him.  He is a master political manipulator, has a lot of pain in his past, and doesn't hesitate to be nasty mean when he wants to be.  I don't know who I'd want for Thom.

so, my wife is a huge twilight fan, so I had to tell her that whoever made that list, decided they should use robert pattinson for Gawyn. So now she wants to know if they're going to use him in the real movie. I hope so cuz then that's another WOT fan!!! woohooo!!  ;D

so, my wife is a huge twilight fan, so I had to tell her that whoever made that list, decided they should use robert pattinson for Gawyn. So now she wants to know if they're going to use him in the real movie. I hope so cuz then that's another WOT fan!!! woohooo!!  ;D

I'm just glad I convinced my wife to read WOT before Twilight, I really would have been annoyed trying to convince her that WOT is better.

I seriously picture Thom as more of a Dick Van Dyke type of guy.  The HUGE problem with Van Dyke is that IF he makes it to Dec. he'll be 84.  There's no way he'd make it through the movies. 

I also pictured someone like Gene Wilder playing Fain, but again, the man is just too old at this point.  Too bad we can't go back in time and make these movies back in the 70s...

I'm just glad I convinced my wife to read WOT before Twilight, I really would have been annoyed trying to convince her that WOT is better.
If she couldn't see that for herself, you might want to consider a new wife.

I seriously picture Thom as more of a Dick Van Dyke type of guy. The HUGE problem with Van Dyke is that IF he makes it to Dec. he'll be 84. There's no way he'd make it through the movies. 

I also pictured someone like Gene Wilder playing Fain, but again, the man is just too old at this point.

Too old? Be careful who you say that about, be very careful.
Too bad we can't go back in time and make these movies back in the 70s...
Technology has advanced since then. Made now, it could be made well, and look good. Made in the seventies? Not so much. Of course, back then they didn't tend to overdo it with CGI the way they are sometimes inclined to do these days.

As you already mentioned Gene Wilder, I hope we all agree that he made a far better Willy Wonker than Johnny Depp.

CGI the whole thing, no actors needed, for reference take this guys artwork and use these characters for the movie

http://seamassketches.blogspot.com/

best WoT art ever and would be great to model the CGi characters on this.

WoT art is about half way down the page :D

And absolutely awful it is. If they did decide to go down the animated route, they should steer well clear of that style of artwork. Not that they should make an animated film to begin with.

I seriously picture Thom as more of a Dick Van Dyke type of guy. The HUGE problem with Van Dyke is that IF he makes it to Dec. he'll be 84. There's no way he'd make it through the movies. 

I also pictured someone like Gene Wilder playing Fain, but again, the man is just too old at this point.

I don't see how anyone has to be careful. Old people are weak and brittle and will probably die of being old before they think of something to do that would ever make you regret not being careful, they are hardly dangerous. That or they will forget what happened because they all have Alzheimer's. La la la

:D

And absolutely awful it is. If they did decide to go down the animated route, they should steer well clear of that style of artwork. Not that they should make an animated film to begin with.

Thats the beauty of personal opinion hey Mr Ares,  if you take the time to read someones post properly you would see that i suggested a *CGI* movie, not animation, big difference and it might be an idea not to post on something you either dont understand or dont take the time to look into.

Beowulf is a good example of a CGI movie, and i think it would work fantastically if you based the characters on the artwork in the link i posted.

You are entitled to your opinion to dislike the artwork i linked, but *MY OPINION* is that its the best WoT artwork ive seen and the artist has actually captured the physical appearances of the WoT characters just the way i imagine them when i read the series.

Try not look down your nose at peoples opinions in the future and you may come across as a nicer person :)

Also, just out of curiosity, can you link me artwork you think is better than those that i linked?

Would like your idea of what you think *good* wheel of time art actually is.

I don't see how anyone has to be careful. Old people are weak and brittle and will probably die of being old before they think of something to do that would ever make you regret not being careful, they are hardly dangerous. That or they will forget what happened because they all have Alzheimer's. La la la

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLcITYNvQXI. The relevant bit is at about 3.20 onwards. Now, bearing in mind that my knee is just as capable as Topper's, are you willing to repeat that? Do you value your testicles where they are?

I simply meant that with GW in his 70s and DVD in his 80s they'd be dead or in their 100s before the movies were done being filmed.
Your point being? Never too old.

Thats the beauty of personal opinion hey Mr Ares, if you take the time to read someones post properly you would see that i suggested a *CGI* movie, not animation, big difference
I did read your post. I fail to see any relevant difference between CGI animation and a different form of animation. Animation being the technique of making inanimate objects or drawings appear to move in motion pictures or computer graphics. Exactly what you were talking about. Computer graphics being specifically covered and CGI standing for Computer Generated Imaging. In other words, you reference a specific form of animation, and then object to me suggesting that this was animation. I think that it might be an idea not to post on something you either don't understand or don't take the time to look into.

Beowulf is a good example of a CGI movie, and i think it would work fantastically if you based the characters on the artwork in the link i posted.
So you're using Beowulf as an example? You do realise that you just shot your earlier argument in the foot. Aside from the fact that it is still an animated film, the performance capture techniques used mean that they do need actors - when you said earlier that using CGI would be a way to avoid using actors. And even that ignores the fact that you still need voice actors unless you want to go down the silent movie route. They don't make 'em like they used to.

the artist has actually captured the physical appearances of the WoT characters just the way i imagine them when i read the series.
He didn't do that with me, largely because I imagined them actually looking like people (how silly of me). You know, human beings.

Try not look down your nose at peoples opinions in the future and you may come across as a nicer person :)
I might, but it's hardly worth the effort. And dishonest to boot.

Also, just out of curiosity, can you link me artwork you think is better than those that i linked?
No, I've yet to see any decent artwork for this series.

Archived