DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do they look like?

arkinia

lol, Mr Ares, you amuse me.

I would love to sit here and argue with you all day over trivial junk, but i have better things to do with my time.

in any case, i don't come here to argue with grumpy old men, but to talk with like minded people who are willing to share their point of view in a constructive manner, and who don't put people down or belittle them for their opinions.

:)

Oooohhh!!!  Meow, you two.  Meow.

I didn't really like most of the ideas in the website suggested either.  Though the girl they had for Elayne looked similar to my head-pic of her.

I like the guy who plays Murphy in Murphy's Law for Bashere - short, big tash, cool as fuck...

I also like the idea of Zachary Quinto being Taim.  Slanted eyes, dark hair, prominent nose...

I think that Thom could only be properly done by an RSC actor, as already suggested; they need that kind of voice training to pull off the way he is.

In other words, you only want to talk to yes men.

not at all, but there is a big difference between constructive criticism and being rude.
I suggest you learn it.

Oooohhh!!! Meow, you two. Meow.
Deathwish?

lorial ANDRE THE GIANTl3429fbea0000_1_4001.jpg
Would help if he wasn't dead. Tends to hurt ones acting career.

I think Liam Neeson would be a perfect Thom.

Hugh Laurie could be Tam al'thor.

I always thought that Reese Witherspoon would make a good moriane.

Jason Isac could play Byar the whitecloak, if you gave him some good eye makeup.

David Thewlis as Padain Fain.

The only other big star I could see playing somebody is Christian Bale as Marzaim Taim. He only matches half his features but after seeing Psycho I could see him doing a good job with such a role.

The rest of the cast would most likely be small or medium size stars which would proabably be a good thing budget wise,(lower paychecks) but the trick is you also have to find actual talent if you want to be sucessful.

In other words, you only want to talk to yes men.

not at all, but there is a big difference between constructive criticism and being rude.
I suggest you learn it.

Oooohhh!!! Meow, you two. Meow.
Deathwish?

lorial ANDRE THE GIANTl3429fbea0000_1_4001.jpg
Would help if he wasn't dead. Tends to hurt ones acting career.

MR ARES MY POINT IS THAT ANDRE THE GIANT PLAYED A OGIER

IN THE PRINCESS BRIDE AND ALTHOUGH HE IS DEAD IT IS HARD TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE  PLAYING LORIAL

MR ARES MY POINT IS THAT ANDRE THE GIANT PLAYED A OGIER IN THE PRINCESS BRIDE AND ALTHOUGH HE IS DEAD IT IS HARD TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE PLAYING LORIAL
Firstly, your point is wrong as he didn't play an Ogier. Secondly, your point doesn't require extraneous capital letters to get across. Thirdly, there is no character called Lorial. Fourthly, it is easy to see other people playing the role. Fifthly, it should be an Ogier, not a ogier.

I don't think any of the characters look like the mainstream actors of today. Personally, I am kind of against making a movie in the same vein as the adaptations which are currently popular. I don't want the Wheel of Time tainted, no pun intended, by some crap movie which could be potentially scoffed at in the years to come. There's just no way that a two hour or even a three hour film can do justice to EotW.

I don't think any of the characters look like the mainstream actors of today. Personally, I am kind of against making a movie in the same vein as the adaptations which are currently popular. I don't want the Wheel of Time tainted, no pun intended, by some crap movie which could be potentially scoffed at in the years to come. There's just no way that a two hour or even a three hour film can do justice to EotW.

Your right. The only real way they could do it justice would be to make a series and have 2hr episodes. Which is just very intimating to any filmmaker. I disagree about the actors point you made, with a good actor and if you are confident in their ability for a role, the only thing you have to consider besides talent is height(Although Peter Jackson used a few camera tricks to portray hobbits accurately in LOTR), gender, and in some cases race,(if a character is Asian you would likely want to find somebody asian the play them...etc). Everything else can most likely be solved by makeup or convential means. Actors don't have to look exactly like the character before you cast them, I would rather the actors understand their mentality and personality, and such. 

Archived