DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Seeds?!

_Kynwric_

I meant to come on and tell Twinnie "thank you" yesterday but got swamped.

Thanks, Twinnie!  I haven't planted the seeds yet but I will.  ;D

*bounces and grins and giggles*

OH boy!!  Lor that is an awesome idea!!  *grins and snoopy dances* 

You know I always like to shower y'all in daisy's...and I thought sending you some seeds might be a way to really give you all daisy's!!  *grins*  As Meg Ryan says..."they're just such happy little flowers!"  *laughs*

You are all most welcome and happy planting!!

PS....I couldn't send seeds to the Kinster's over sea's..so they got Disney stickers!

oh and these were my "postcards"  LOL this year! 

your climate should be fine for planting seeds this late, Jade. :) Worst case scenario, put them in a "nursery" inside the house to germinate (ie, grow from seeds to little frail plants) and then see how your weather is. You can always keep 'em inside for a bit! Window box gardens make you smile every time you wash a dish! *winks*

Seeds are easy, Mmeesh! We can even put up a "Kinster Plant Diary" page so ya'll can upload pictures and stuff and keep a journal of your plant's growth... Holy crap this is sounding like a fabulous idea. Someone remind me to C&P this into our staff yearly discussion planning thread so we can do this during the plant swap next year! I'll find a way to send stuff to overseas folks! Even if I have to order them from your native seederies (I totally made that word up, but I'm sure you get the idea!).

Here's a general seed starting guide: http://www.gardenguides.com/how-to/tipstechniques/offseason/starting.asp

And, my own advice:

Buy this a seed starter kit This acts like a greenhouse and even comes with these neato pellets that you get wet and they turn into little soil containers for your seeds. It's easy enough that my 4th graders did it without me having to tell them ANYTHING last year! And that's about it. Seriously! It's that easy. Follow the directions on the box! This thing will seal up and keep in the moisture, though you may have to water the box a time or two. I've used this to grow moonflowers (which are beautiful, btw) so I know it works! :D

*bites her lip* Sorry, the gardener just got out... I couldn't stop her...

*bounces*

oh boy Lor!!  This is sounding like a lot of fun!!  Who knew?  *grins*  and a definite must for next year...we'll have to check on the mailing guidelines before then too..cause I was going on what Mystie thought was the regulation....so we may have a way to get around it!!

Oh I can't wait to see all the Daisy's!!!

*smooches Dae*  your welcome!  I know Daisy's don't really "fit" into your theme..LOL  but plant them anyway!

Archived